Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times

Advertisements

I will only date women who have more or less same income as me. I don't wanna support any woman. And I don't want a woman who makes 3 times less than me. If that makes me shallow than so be it. But somehow women can get away with saying that [like the OP] and they often use the excuse of "security" and whatnot. HSBC might be the world's local bank, but I refuse to be anyone's local bank. Financially she has to contribute more or less as much as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 07:58 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I will only date women who have more or less same income as me. I don't wanna support any woman. And I don't want a woman who makes 3 times less than me. If that makes me shallow than so be it. But somehow women can get away with saying that [like the OP] and they often use the excuse of "security" and whatnot. HSBC might be the world's local bank, but I refuse to be anyone's local bank. Financially she has to contribute more or less as much as I do.
OMG... I have taken the HSBC sign off my forehead. If you don't have a job, home & car, I will not date you.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
OMG... I have taken the HSBC sign off my forehead. If you don't have a job, home & car, I will not date you.

Reasonable. That's the very least a person should demand. Why would any woman want a man who don't live on his own or don't have a job etcetera.

Same goes for men. Why would any man date a loser no-mark girl who still lives at her mums basement and have no job. Forget dating, why would a man even befriend her to begin with.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:12 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Being a straight Man, who is it that I'm supposed to qualify for? LOL!

Like who is left after which is worth my minimal energy for other than that small talk with people I meet out there?

What? So I'm supposed go down that slippery slope of game playing and constant changing of the qualifier list held in place with eggshells, with the US and State Government backing and with a better chance of my health being compromised, possibly get accused and jailed and or asset ruination while being judged every moment till..........? Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Nnnnnnnnnnext!

Better you than me is what I say!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times
It's all about fundamentals.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:56 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times
I would rather have a real man who makes minimum wage than that guy you are talking about in this post..

//www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/834946-if-i-never-told-you.html

I'm glad you read my poem. This poem was not a personal perspective. I was talking to a few friends about trying to understand angry black woman syndrome and what a woman who feels angry all the time is really experiencing.
It's not based on my experience but I'm so glad you read it.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:02 PM

All I've ever wanted out of someone I've dated is that they work hard, have goals, and like what they do. If I want us to have more earning power than what we do, I will go out and earn it. Also, some of the smartest people I know earn less than the dumbest. You sound like a total snob.

I'm not going to respond to name calling because it's beneath me. I don't ever resort to name calling to state an adverse opinion.

However.

I totally agree with dating someone who has a good work ethic, goals, and like what they do if I"m also that same type of person. Sounds like a nice match. That's cool is that 's what you want and it's great your willing to be the man, ahem, I mean main financial support as well. Do what floats your boat.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Someone should design an official dating questionaire and require a test to determine if you are qualified to date. They make you do it for a driver's license, child and dog adoptions. What the hell, why not dating too?
If they cheat and somehow pass that test, there should be another tougher one for marriage.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times

Women don't understand the odds they are up against when trying to find Mr.Right. Consider this:

A - Women are actually attracted to him.

B - He's actually a decent sort. (I know many men would argue that these are mutually exclusive populations)

C - He's gay.

Are you still hopeful?

Old 12-18-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post

1. It's almost impossible to "choose" the person that you fall in love with. These things just happen, regardless of circumstances.

2. Besides, how many people have you ever known that's introduced themselves like this, "Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a deadbeat dad, can't keep a job more than two months, and like sitting at home playing video games all day."

3.---That's why you date someone, to find out if they are going to be a good match or not.

1. Sorry UrbanBlasphemy but you can choose who you fall in love with. Take my cousin for instance. She had a hard childhood, abusive and absent father, and grew up poor with her siblings (no lights, no food sometimes). Because she didn't have a positive male father figure in her life and her mom was in and out of relationships; her relationships as an adult were also challenging. Because she grew up poor she was very driven and excelled in her career choices driven by that fear of being poor. She did quite well for herself.
She falls in love with a man who's an alcoholic who wants nothing more out of life then to pay his rent as his apartment and have enough money left over for a beer. She loved this man. But suddenly she realizes their difference in lifestyle when he one day asked her to borrow money to buy a single cigarette from the store. Suddenly it clicked that he didn't want anything out of life and my cousin had real goals for herself.
She let him go.
What happened to her? She married a nice guy from a stable family, became a full time mother, and lives in a nice home. Just like her he had his own home and she had her own home. He's an educated professional who has received a few promotions since they have been together and she manages the household. Ricky and Lucy Richardo so to speak. Their child is able to do things she was never able to do as a child -participate in music classes/get a good education in private school/participate in activies. She loves her husband. He's dedicated to her and their daughter, which they had a few years after they got married.She has a happy stable home/life and has managed to stop the bad relationship cycle.
My point. If you want good odds on a relationship that will last; your HEART and your MIND should match when it comes to choosing love.
It is a choice.

2. I'm sorry. I have a nack with guys. They feel very comfortable talking to me. So over 20-30 minutes sitting at the repair shop waiting on your car to get ready..........................I can learn a whole life story without interrigation. I guess that's just my gift.

3. When I meet someone before exchanging numbers there are some things I do want to know that mean everything to me. It's like inviting someone over your house and not checking to see if they need to wipe their shoes on the mat because it rained earlier that day. You feel me? For instance, if I'm not someone interested in someone with a lot of kids THEN I might joke with you and ask you what are you doing out tonight, how come you not home with the kids?
<answer
from there I can find out how many/baby momma's/ex-wife(s). I'm a conversationalist so I ask questions like, "That must be hard?"
<answer........."Yeah. My ex wife is crazy. etc. etc" (more information).

I can decide if I want to entertain further conversation or keep it moving. Based on the short story I told you I would most likely keep it moving in this case, no number exchange required.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Come to think of it, it's more like a book. Some people go to a section and pick a fancy title and pretty book cover and take it to the counter to purchase it. Some people see a name and title and then turn over the cover to get a quick idea to find out what it's about before they take it home because based on the overview they might not want to take it home.

Some people prescreen and others choose not to. A lot is not known about people without conversation but you should have some type of information by conversation or by your first date.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow - bible reference. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships