Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:07 PM

382 posts, read 758,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
How long does it last?
Not my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 12:09 PM

4 posts, read 22,800 times
yes- i guess this fling ran it course. =(

Old 12-06-2009, 12:10 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delish View Post
i was having a fling with a man. He wanted me to go to his place one night. But i also found out the same day he ask me to go to his place, he was trying to meet another woman.

From that information, I didn't want to sleepover and told him no. The whole day he kept contacting me to ask me why not, he was persistent. I did not want to blurt out are you trying to **** other women while Fing me?!

I want to ignore him but i want to tell him why I don't want to see him but I can't pinpoint what it is. (one: i just feel he treats other women better than me- but I can't assume that and can't say that) I want to make a strong statement to him.
  • Stop having "flings" with men and start having relationships with them. It'll make things easier in the long run.
  • Have more confidence in yourself - if someone is being that persistent after you've already made up your mind, put an end to it. Look, you don't have to take that crap from anyone, ever.
  • Just be honest with the guy and be done with it. Tell him the same thing you said here, "I don't think this is going to work. I know that you've been hooking up with other girls while you've been with me. I'm just not like that. Have a nice life." - then hit send. Ok, don't text it, but you get the point. It's just that easy.
There's just no point in driving yourself crazy over figuring out what to say. He wasn't good enough for you, so why waste the time on him? Just do it and get on with life.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:05 AM

43 posts, read 127,481 times
Quote:

Yes, I believe it has ran its course and if you are looking for a committed realtionship place your efforts into that and if not then I believe its still time for you a change flings.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Why do you want to make a strong statement to someone you are just having a "fling" with? Flings are just that, no strings attached. If you want more, just tell him you deserve better and keep on moving.
Exactly my thoughts.

If you are a "fling" - it's a nothingness. I would not even approach a "fling," I'd rather jam a pencil in my eye than look like an over-reactive, needy fool. I'd just go on my merry, happy, little way doing the Miss America wave, moving onto bigger and better ventures.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
I understand Tiger Woods might be looking for a new fling. Only requirement is you have to be the designated driver.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:05 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
Let me get this straight--Your having a Fling with a Guy, yet expect him to be Monogamous?? what kinda logic is that??

Old 12-07-2009, 11:26 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Let me get this straight--Your having a Fling with a Guy, yet expect him to be Monogamous?? what kinda logic is that??
Yeah, kinda like getting a free meal then bi*ching about the food. Sort of...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships