Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 06:36 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times

Advertisements

The important thing is dressing in clean clothes.
I can't tell you how lazy people are these days. They throw on any old thing to go out in public.

Men in sweat stained/oil stained pants...bleh. Women in yesterday's pajamas/sweatpants.

It doesn't take long to put on a clean, iron pair of pants and a sweater. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I can't do the jeans and t-shirt thing either and like to wear girly stuff but I've never gotten a sense of this over it--ever. But then, I don't care what anyone else thinks of how I dress so maybe I just don't notice.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
To me, the best fashion accessory is a slammin' bod.

I also second the clean clothes.

I think, op, you should wear what makes you feel good about yourself and comfortable...sometimes maybe taking note of whether it's appropriate for the occasion.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:47 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
The important thing is dressing in clean clothes.
I can't tell you how lazy people are these days. They throw on any old thing to go out in public.

Men in sweat stained/oil stained pants...bleh. Women in yesterday's pajamas/sweatpants.

It doesn't take long to put on a clean, iron pair of pants and a sweater. Problem solved.
I put the clean clothes on and took a shower before I went to work that morning. I'm not going to change before I go to Lowe's or fishing. Now for a pretty lady that is different.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:04 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
Hell, personally, I'd rather date someone who's a little more classy instead of dating someone who looks like they've just been ripped off the latest cover of Maxim magazine.
YES. Granted, my taste differs from most guys (it seems), but I much prefer a woman who looks classy over a woman who looks slutty. That's yet another reason why I prefer winter over summer. In the summer, a lot of women dress like prostitutes. Most guys seem to like this because they get to see more skin, but I think most women look much classier in the winter, when they're wearing nice sweaters, coats, etc. And I'm not talking about clothing so thick it completely hides the figure, just nice looking clothing in general. Well chosen clothing can accentuate a person's figure and hide less desirable features , and this goes for men as well.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,917,828 times
A like to see ladies dress-up. But for some reason, nothing beats a t-shirt and a pair of tight blue jeans .

Old 12-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
A like to see ladies dress-up. But for some reason, nothing beats a t-shirt and a pair of tight blue jeans .
Interesting. It's hard to believe that less than 100 years ago that would've been considered dressing like a man and it's only been the past century that women started wearing pants. Personally, I'd be less than flattered if a man thought I looked better in men's clothes than more feminine ones. Maybe it depends on where you're from but where I'm from, men complain that women don't dress feminine enough, don't fix up enough, that they wear mostly jeans.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by layla morris View Post
I'm not overly dressy or anything, but I do like to wear casual dresses, skirts and heels pretty much everyday, I can also wear jeans, but only with nice tops. I've never been and never will be a t-shirt girl, there's nothing wrong with girls who dress like that, I actually envy them a little bit, but that's just not me.
I've heard that guys don't like it because it makes you look high maintenance and unapproachable, but I'm not high maintenance in the least, and the only reason I might seem unapproachable is that i'm shy.
So what do you guys think, is dressy a turnoff?
Heard from whom?

Do you dress classy to suit you? if so, continue doing it, if it makes you feel good.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:39 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
I love it when I see a woman dressed as though she cares about her appearance, when I was young, (my twenties) couples would dress up for a dinner date, also we'd be wearing casual but nice clothing for Holliday celebrations, parties, etc. Today it's rare to find a shoe repair store for the fact that most American's wear tennis shoes for all occasions.

I don't want to present my past as a time of preteniousness or that dressing up was somehow being a snob, it wasn't so. We just liked the idea of making special occasions fun and the clothing was a part of that feeling. When I see a Woman in a dress I think she is just showing herself to be comfortable in her femininity.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:27 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by layla morris View Post
I'm not overly dressy or anything, but I do like to wear casual dresses, skirts and heels pretty much everyday, I can also wear jeans, but only with nice tops. I've never been and never will be a t-shirt girl, there's nothing wrong with girls who dress like that, I actually envy them a little bit, but that's just not me.
I've heard that guys don't like it because it makes you look high maintenance and unapproachable, but I'm not high maintenance in the least, and the only reason I might seem unapproachable is that i'm shy.
So what do you guys think, is dressy a turnoff?

I, too, like to dress up a little bit (but I'm more laid back about it these days than I was, say, 4 years ago. I wore heels ALL the time then).

I'm not a t-shirt kind of lady either, but I do wear them when I workout or going to sleep or something like that. But I normally never wear them when I go out to eat, go to the bar, or anything, no. Those times I wear my jeans, with a nice blouse, high heels, skirts, or dresses. Or shorts with a pretty blouse too.

Like here, in Prescott, Arizona some men think they make you unapproachable when you wear a skirt or dress. But when you wear jeans or shorts, then they like coming near you. It's a weird town here and the men here ain't all that anyway (I don't care, I wear my dresses and skirts all the time).

It depends on what kind of town or city (or state) you're in too, I think. Like in Phoenix, men love women in short skirts, dresses, and high heels. Here in Prescott it's the other way around (t-shirts, jeans, shorts, sandals, and sneakers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships