Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:44 PM

530 posts, read 780,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
All men are sex-obsessed jerks and all women are money-hungry whores.

Looky loo. I just summed it all up. The end.
Nice!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:44 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,991 times
I'm truly just curious. It just doesn't seem to make much sense for men to get married these days. If a guy can give me some excellent reasons to get married besides tax benefits, I might be swayed....!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Another in a long line of asinine posts that are further divisive between the sexes.

Good job.

And yours is one of those typical kneejerk posts all over the board that takes offense easily, then belittles the question instead of responding rationally and intelligently.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
And yours is one of those typical kneejerk posts all over the board that takes offense easily, then belittles the question instead of responding rationally and intelligently.
Sir or Madam, you are what they call, talking out of your ass.

If you'd been around awhile longer then 2 min. you'd know what I'm talking of.

I take no offense at all, just making accurate observations.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Oh, and don't forget "All men cheat"
I'm actually on the fence about this one.

I think the more options/opportunities a man has (ie: the better catch he is) the more likely he is to cheat, unless he has a self-control of steel. Of course, this really applies to humans in general, but I still believe men are more likely to cheat because of their sense of entitlement, ego, and "because they can" then women are.

Please feel free to correct/enlighten me (intelligent ideas - this is not directed towards you, mrstewart - only )

Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Sir or Madam, you are what they call, talking out of your ass.

If you'd been around awhile longer then 2 min. you'd know what I'm talking of.

I take no offense at all, just making accurate observations.

Uh, there you go again! Also, is this how you talk regularly to someone face to face or do you just do it here because it's anonymous?

Anyway, do you have an answer to the question? I'd still like to hear it!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I'm actually on the fence about this one.

I think the more options/opportunities a man has (ie: the better catch he is) the more likely he is to cheat, unless he has a self-control of steel. Of course, this really applies to humans in general, but I still believe men are more likely to cheat because of their sense of entitlement, ego, and "because they can" then women are.

Please feel free to correct/enlighten me (intelligent ideas - this is not directed towards you, mrstewart - only )

Hey, not to toot my own horn here, but I'm a pretty decent catch, I'v got all of the crap a woman would be interested in, I got a good job, make decent money, half-way smart, not bad looking, witty, funny (at times anyway).

My work puts my in front alot of different people, I could have cheated over the yrs if I wanted. I've done customer training sessions with females and some of these women were just hanging on every word, all it would have took was a Hey lets go have a drink after this training session. I'm sure I could have gotten lucky. I've worked out of town and the same type of thing has happened. Am I asking for an award for not cheating, no of course not, just noting that it does happen.

I'm a decent catch and could have cheated yet, I didn't, no, I don't have self-control of steel. I have a decent and caring respect for my partner, and I'm sure I'm not the only guy like this.

So no, the world isn't full of guys who just want to f&&& everything in site.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Uh, there you go again! Also, is this how you talk regularly to someone face to face or do you just do it here because it's anonymous?

Anyway, do you have an answer to the question? I'd still like to hear it!
Aw, leave Chowhound alone. He's harmless.

He is very accurate though. There do seem to be many girl/guy bashing threads that pop up here. They're all quite tiring and redundant. And, of course, everyone loves to pull the victim card. Sigh.

In response to your original post, I think it's sad that more and more men are seeing marriage as a pointless thing. I'm a young female who would absolutely love to get married in the (not near) future to a man that she loves and who loves her.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Hey, not to toot my own horn here, but I'm a pretty decent catch, I'v got all of the crap a woman would be interested in, I got a good job, make decent money, half-way smart, not bad looking, witty, funny (at times anyway).

My work puts my in front alot of different people, I could have cheated over the yrs if I wanted. I've done customer training sessions with females and some of these women were just hanging on every word, all it would have took was a Hey lets go have a drink after this training session. I'm sure I could have gotten lucky. I've worked out of town and the same type of thing has happened. Am I asking for an award for not cheating, no of course not, just noting that it does happen.

I'm a decent catch and could have cheated yet, I didn't, no, I don't have self-control of steel. I have a decent and caring respect for my partner, and I'm sure I'm not the only guy like this.

So no, the world isn't full of guys who just want to f&&& everything in site.
This is why you haven't and don't cheat. What I bolded is more powerful than temptation. Seriously, I think that's wonderful.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
This is why you haven't and don't cheat. What I bolded is more powerful than temptation. Seriously, I think that's wonderful.
The part that is more important than that is that I'm not the only guy like that.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships