Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 07:51 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
My child is just fine, thank you.
If you haven't noticed, what you regard as fine, most reasonable people don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 12:47 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,593,688 times
Quote:
My child is just fine, thank you.
Just curious....why does your profile say you have no children if you do?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:14 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,120,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Just curious....why does your profile say you have no children if you do?
She's an adult, I don't consider her a child.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,912,589 times
I think your kids need you a lot right now. No one is superwoman but if your kids get hurt by this in someway it may haunt you forever.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
She's an adult, I don't consider her a child.
When I turn 60 my mother will STILL consider me her child, LOL!

Seriously, didn't you just say recently you are barely 30-something?? Were you a teenage mom by any chance?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
If you haven't noticed, what you regard as fine, most reasonable people don't.
If you think that because you have a majority of anti-man people who think only mothers are capable of raising children agree with you doesn't make them reasonable.

If a parent has raised their children properly, by the time they are teens they don't need Mommy and Daddy holding their hand. And if a 14 yo boy won't be okay being raised by his Dad then it is Mom's duty to make him move with her. Instead she gave him the respect of deciding where he wanted to live.

Now, had she simply said, "I'm moving to Canada and leaving my kid with his Dad", that would be wrong. What she said was "I'm moving to Canada and my child has decided he wouild rather live with Dad in America".

She did not say "When I move to Canada, we won't be in communication or visit because it's too far.

What she said was, "He can come live with me if he wants to. I'm only 11 hours away so I will see him" They also have this invention called a telephone.

The child was not being left to fend for himself he had a FATHER who was more than willing to be the hands-on parent.

You people coddle your children too much.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
When I turn 60 my mother will STILL consider me her child, LOL!

Seriously, didn't you just say recently you are barely 30-something?? Were you a teenage mom by any chance?
Break out your calcuator: she's 21, I'm 41. Hardly a child and since I was raised to be independent (unlike the children of the some of people in this thread) I was ablr to take care of her just fine and she's taking care of herself. Just guidance and advice.

She's still MY child, she's just not a child.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
If you think that because you have a majority of anti-man people who think only mothers are capable of raising children agree with you doesn't make them reasonable.

If a parent has raised their children properly, by the time they are teens they don't need Mommy and Daddy holding their hand. And if a 14 yo boy won't be okay being raised by his Dad then it is Mom's duty to make him move with her. Instead she gave him the respect of deciding where he wanted to live.

Now, had she simply said, "I'm moving to Canada and leaving my kid with his Dad", that would be wrong. What she said was "I'm moving to Canada and my child has decided he wouild rather live with Dad in America".

She did not say "When I move to Canada, we won't be in communication or visit because it's too far.

What she said was, "He can come live with me if he wants to. I'm only 11 hours away so I will see him" They also have this invention called a telephone.

The child was not being left to fend for himself he had a FATHER who was more than willing to be the hands-on parent.

You people coddle your children too much.
hmmmm.... methinks the lady doth protest too much

Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,148,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selena1221 View Post
Hi...

I'm 35 years old. I have two children. One is 18 and the other is 14. I divorced their father - it was final this year. But about a year ago I met a man that I believe to be the true love of my life. He is 44. He also has a daughter that is 16. The problem - he lives in Canada and I live in Kentucky.

I decided after discussing with my kids and meeting him and spending time with him that I wanted to move to Canada to be with him. We planned on getting married. My daughter decided since she was of age that she didnt want to move there. My son decided that he would move there with me, then he changed his mind and decided he would rather stay in Kentucky with his other family and his Dad.
We wanted this to work out so badly. We both feel as if we are each others soul mate.
One problem is that I dont feel right about going to Canada with my kids and all my family here. But he doesnt want to leave Canada because he feels like it is a better country - safer and better opportunities than the USA.

I have been given advice from family and friends and its all conflicting. I can't make my kids move - I want them to be happy.
For the first time in 15 years I am truly happy with this man.
I would love for him and his daughter to move here with me, just until my son gets a little older.
I have tried staying in Canada, I came back to visit often, but this too is hard on all of us.
I have been out of work for about 6 months and I finally have a job opportunity in Kentucky and would like to work here and at least build up some funds.
But he doesnt want me to do that. He wants me to come back right away and we will get married in the Spring. At which time I would be able to work there.
When I told him I would like to work here for a few months, he said I just lost my man. //pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Im so sad, hurt, disappointed, torn....any advice someone could give would be greatful.
Selena

Selena honey, if he doesn't wait for you then he IS NOT the love of your life like you may THINK he is

Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Why do people say that when somone breaks down their argument for the garbage that it is? Please pick someone less secure with themselves to pull this bull on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships