Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX_GUY View Post
What if he wanted to continue to be with guys (as well as be with you).

-Steve
Uh, dude, that's called CHEATING.

If my husband lets me know he wants to live that lifestyle he'd have to do it without me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 03:24 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,703,667 times
If my husband came home and told me that he was Bisexual:

I would first laugh in his face...

Second...I would "tell him to have fun!"

As I was leaving... I would tell him, "He`s gonna miss me!"

Old 01-12-2010, 03:44 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,935,870 times
Similar happened to me when I was a nipper of 21. It was an exclusive relationship as far as I was concerned, but apparently not to him. (He was a year older).

He was seeing guys while he was with me, then dated another girl which really made me see red, so I left him. In fact, I left the state but thats another story.

I wasnt actually upset about the guys, it was the girl - serious competition you see. I was 21...it was a loooong time ago.
Anyway, apparently neither of us were much of an ad for the feminine pulchitrude (sp?) thing, b/c he's been gay ever since. And monogamous.

If it happened now, with my SO...well I'd be confused for one thing. And curious. And hurt. My SO meets a lot of gay men because of where I work, and I know many are attracted to him. He is by no means a homophobe, but he's quite clear on preferring women. Well, one in particular...I hope!
(No I'm not saying you're a homophobe if you dont like guys, just not expressing myself very well).
So, it'd come as a real shock. I'd also be wondering about the state of communication in our relationship.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:59 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,676,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
No way, no how. That is something that I simply couldn't abide.

If he was hanging out in the gay culture/club scene to meet men, that lifestyle is notoriously promiscuous. I'd be deathly afraid of him contracting AIDS and passing it along to me.
Right, because straight people are so conspicuously monogamous. And HIV is clearly a gays-only disease. With a divorce rate eclipsing 50%, and hetero men being so notoriously short on libido in comparison to their gay counterparts, breeders are looking fabulous in comparison.

This is the kind of reasoning that doesn't pick off the weak ones fast enough.

So what if they're bi? It doesn't mean that they're sleeping around. It doesn't mean that they aren't monogamous, if you also can't handle not being the most important person in a relationship. If your ego is that brittle that you can't handle that, you just shouldn't be dating period. I'm always amazed and a little disturbed at how vanilla most of my fellow Americans are.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,475,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Similar happened to me when I was a nipper of 21. It was an exclusive relationship as far as I was concerned, but apparently not to him. (He was a year older).

He was seeing guys while he was with me, then dated another girl which really made me see red, so I left him. In fact, I left the state but thats another story.

I wasnt actually upset about the guys, it was the girl - serious competition you see. I was 21...it was a loooong time ago.
Anyway, apparently neither of us were much of an ad for the feminine pulchitrude (sp?) thing, b/c he's been gay ever since. And monogamous.

If it happened now, with my SO...well I'd be confused for one thing. And curious. And hurt. My SO meets a lot of gay men because of where I work, and I know many are attracted to him. He is by no means a homophobe, but he's quite clear on preferring women. Well, one in particular...I hope!
(No I'm not saying you're a homophobe if you dont like guys, just not expressing myself very well).
So, it'd come as a real shock. I'd also be wondering about the state of communication in our relationship.

Personally i would worry about me killing him, guys and a girl, i'd be worry about diseases know what i'm talking about.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,935,870 times
Well nowadays, yes, I think we're all better informed. I work for the AIDS Council, so I have a bit of a clue. With the first guy though, this was in 1984, and AIDS was something gay men in SF caught.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,676,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Personally i would worry about me killing him, guys and a girl, i'd be worry about diseases know what i'm talking about.
No, I don't. I really, truly don't.

What is it with these backwards, 50's-era conceptions of gay men? Jesus Cristo, folks, get on with the times. HIV isn't a gay disease. Nor is VD of any type.

Unprotected sex is unprotected sex. For gay men, straight folks or lesbians. Doesn't make a difference.

Well, gay people aren't responsible for our severe orphan problem worldwide, but somehow that irresponsible behavior gets covered up under "diseases".

Old 01-12-2010, 04:50 PM

141 posts, read 613,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Right, because straight people are so conspicuously monogamous. And HIV is clearly a gays-only disease. With a divorce rate eclipsing 50%, and hetero men being so notoriously short on libido in comparison to their gay counterparts, breeders are looking fabulous in comparison.

This is the kind of reasoning that doesn't pick off the weak ones fast enough.

So what if they're bi? It doesn't mean that they're sleeping around. It doesn't mean that they aren't monogamous, if you also can't handle not being the most important person in a relationship. If your ego is that brittle that you can't handle that, you just shouldn't be dating period. I'm always amazed and a little disturbed at how vanilla most of my fellow Americans are.
Very well said Coldwine!!!!

I guess there's a great double standard when it comes to men being bisexual. When a woman wants to bring home another woman, men are all for it.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:45 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,780,587 times
That's cool because I am too BUT he'd have to be monogamous. Bisexuality ain't an excuse to cheat!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:47 PM

9,904 posts, read 13,917,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixierox View Post
Very well said Coldwine!!!!

I guess there's a great double standard when it comes to men being bisexual. When a woman wants to bring home another woman, men are all for it.

Just for the record, I wouldn't be bringing home another woman and my concerns regarding a partner coming out as bisexual in our relationship are purely for the emotional distress it would cause me because I can only be female, therefore I would not be able to fully satisfy his needs and I don't really want to be in a relationship like that. (with a heterosexual man either).

I understand that if a guy IS bisexual it can be difficult to mention such a thing but I would be pissed if he didn't tell me.

I have no problem being friends with bisexuals. A couple of my friends are and I love them to bits and have absolutely no concerns about them with regard AIDS or any other disease ABOVE AND BEYOND the normal concerns I have of any of my friends becoming infected but ultimately I don't have the kind of emotional make up that could cope with being involved with a bisexual. SO it's not really about them. It's about recognizing what I can and cannot cope with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships