Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 03:34 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,097,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX_GUY View Post
What if he wanted to continue to be with guys (as well as be with you).

-Steve

would do 2 things---become immediately celibate in my marriage and show him the door as soon as i could(been there done that)--my info came a few yrs after the marriage----so---if you r not sure tell your partner and if u don't expect a boot in the butt as u go flying out the door
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 03:45 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,832,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
would do 2 things---become immediately celibate in my marriage and show him the door as soon as i could(been there done that)--my info came a few yrs after the marriage----so---if you r not sure tell your partner and if u don't expect a boot in the butt as u go flying out the door
Wow Annie, another one of us. Yes, that's what I did. It just can't work unless you're VERY openminded, and I'm fairly openminded at that, which is why I didn't murder him.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:55 PM

OK SATX, I read your other post and you probably think I'm going to be rough on you, considering what I've been thru, but I'm not. I agree wholeheartedly with what Carlita's way said in the other thread. You should be completely honest with your wife and if you're pretty sure you can't stay away from dating men, don't promise her you will. Your wife may be fine with this--after all, she had to have seen it coming from the beginning. (I didn't.) Of course you have to give her the option to see others as well. Also, if she agrees that you can see other men, don't flaunt it--just be very discreet. It might work out for you--sometimes these things do. It didn't for us, but we had a more traditional relationship for 23 years and the change was too abrupt.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:01 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,098,840 times
Quote:

-Steve

continues...???
I wouldnt have been with him in the first place
I like my men straight
completely straight

Old 07-10-2010, 04:04 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,382,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Right, because straight people are so conspicuously monogamous. And HIV is clearly a gays-only disease. This is the kind of reasoning that doesn't pick off the weak ones fast enough. I'm always amazed and a little disturbed at how vanilla most of my fellow Americans are.
hehe. You know the Red Cross adamantly prohibits "gays" from donating blood? And in their reasonings, is due to the horrificly staggering percentage of HIV positive donors that waste their time, as well as theirs. It's been appealed, and re-appealed. And gay-rights activists have pitched their fits. The law still stands. If you want to paint such a dominant American war staple to healthy living "vanilla" in disgust, you could try moving to Africa - oh wait, they try you as a criminal for being openly gay there and you get to live out your protesting-struggles in jail, until you publicly renounce your "misguided sexual orientation and defiance to the law by God governed by man."

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't care if you're for or against gays. Oh, and for topic's sake - I wouldn't ever be with him if he were into guys, too. Even if it was an "in the past" thing that he phased out of. He would be gone. Period. I'd be getting STD tested tomorrow morning - and probably have to start adding "do you think you like it, have ever, or MAY ever like it up the butt" to my list of "first date" questions in the future. . .

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 07-10-2010 at 04:19 PM..

Old 07-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I'd be getting STD tested tomorrow morning - and probably have to start adding "do you think you like it, have ever, or MAY ever like it up the butt" to my list of "first date" questions in the future. . .
LMAO--I'm trying to imagine how that one would go!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:23 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,440,615 times
Heck noooo!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:29 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,851,032 times
run out and get tested asap

Old 07-10-2010, 07:31 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,592,073 times
Quote:

-Steve
Given we've been married for 31 years.....with total shock. IMO, infidelity is infidelity whether it's with guys or girls. I'd file for divorce.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:40 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,685,525 times
He'd be out the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships