Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:53 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I dont depend on her for happiness anymore. We only talk about 1x a week now, I have been trying to focus on my job as well as my friends and not focus so much on meeting women, which has been problematic even before i met her.

Im not suicidal anymore depressed, yes a little, suicidal no! I have been battling depression, low confidence, and zero self esteem since I was a very little kid

I am in the process of building a life for myself, my car, my job, my friends, my move to Las Vegas coming up in October. Life WILL get better for me, even if I decide not to move. I am on my way up!
Yay! I like this post much better than your original! It sounds like you are on the right track and just need to give it all time.

You will have many more loves I'm sure, best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
I was deeply depressed and suicidal when she and I met, and she made me believe in myself again and made me happy, which until I met her I didnt think was possible
This is a problem. Tying your happiness (and suicidal thoughts) to A PERSON is not healthy. Especially when that person is an 18 year old girl. My daughter dated a boy like this once and even though they went through the motions of trying to stay friendly in the end she hated him for making HER responsible for HIS emotional well being.

Back off, move on, grow up. It's hard I know, first loves always are, but it's the only thing you can do and I'm glad to hear you are doing that! Soon you will meet someone who really clicks with you...and stays with you....and wonder what the heck you were so sad about.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,480 times
Do'Ha'

Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 AM

622 posts, read 1,280,282 times
Dude trust me on this. It will get better. I promise you. I was in the same situation at 20. And Ill be honest it took awhile. I know you think about her everyday and wory about her being with someone else. But one day you wont think about it. I dated a girl for 3 years from 19 - 22. When we broke up I thought my life was over. I was very depressed. I acted crazy etc.

But now I think back and Im glad we didnt work out. I see her everyonce in awhile to this day. That was over ten years ago. And we are friendly and its great. You will meet someone else. Actually many someones. And you will move on. And life will change. So keep your head up. Focus on you. Be a young guy and do guy stuff. I wasted alot of my 20's being messed up over women. And it was exactly that. A waste of time. Lifes too short man. Before you know it you will be 30 or 32 and your 20's are gone.

Stop talking to the girl. Be friendly if you see her. After all the best revenge is to do well.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
You will be okay in time. Just keep telling yourself that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships