Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Why would you even waste time thinking about something as ridiculous as this?!
I know what you mean, but I never went through anything like this before, having someone tell me that I'm not being real or that I'm playing games. I know what games are, I have girlfriends and guy friends, I know the games, I don't want anything to do with that stuff. I told him so many times, if he were living here in my city, we would've be able to kick it so much more and he took that as me not thinking he was worth the drive or whatever. You're right though, but it just kinda feels like a dent in everything that I believe in when I am accused of playing games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
He sounds overly sensitive (and rather manipulative) to me. Gosh, if he can misconstrue online and phone communication so badly then how would it be to actually spend time with him? It seems like you'd always be having to defend yourself!

You were honest and explained the situation. If he is hurt, it's now because he CHOOSES to feel hurt, IMO.
Thanks. I did, I explained. I just feel bad if he feels hurt. The messed up thing is that he told me that his feelings wouldn't be hurt, but then he immediately went online with al that "Where are the real females," talk. I'm like, "What? WTF?"

Old 01-21-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Should have stopped one step before that.
What do you mean? Just curious.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
he's an idiot.

moving on to the next thread...

Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep- View Post
he's an idiot.

Moving on to the next thread...
lol

Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I created a profile online for the first hoping to meet a guy that I was physically attracted to and could hang out with, do things with and eventually have a relationship with. There is a man who I was attracted to and he seemed like someone I would like to get to know, I'm thinking at least I can get to know him better to see if I want to go out with him. So, one day, he sends me an email and he is like, "So, I guess I'm not hot enough?" and "You seemed cool, but you are shallow." I'm like, "What?" At this point, ...
...you should have ignored him and left it at that. His first contact with you was combative. Really. That's not a good impression he is making and definitely not a good way to start a relationship. Think of it this way: he inticed you into communicating with him by insulting you.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
...you should have ignored him and left it at that. His first contact with you was combative. Really. That's not a good impression he is making and definitely not a good way to start a relationship. Think of it this way: he inticed you into communicating with him by insulting you.
Yea, that's true. I learned my lesson and should have listened to my gut.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
You did absolutely nothing wrong and you don't need to feel bad. You gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried your best. Give yourself a pat on the back for that! Honestly, making you feel bad is just an extension of his seemingly manipulative nature and by continuing to feel like you've done something wrong...he continues to win the game HE is playing.

FWIW, I'm thinking you probably dodged a bullet.

Keep your chin up

Old 01-21-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
You did absolutely nothing wrong and you don't need to feel bad. You gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried your best. Give yourself a pat on the back for that! Honestly, making you feel bad is just an extension of his seemingly manipulative nature and by continuing to feel like you've done something wrong...he continues to win the game HE is playing.

FWIW, I'm thinking you probably dodged a bullet.

Keep your chin up
Thank you. Yea, there was just something about him that I liked and I thought that we could at least get to know one another better, but I agree that it probably wasn't the best for me looking back on it. That's the thing, I wanted to get to know him better to see if he was someone that I wanted to spend time with and of course, after today, learning about how we would eventually have to go about seeing one another (me driving 38 miles when I want to be with someone, him not really driving), I realized that I didn't want that.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What do you mean? Just curious.
I've never heard of any happing endings as a result of online dating. All those commercials with a man and women holding hands and skipping through a meadow are bullsht.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships