Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:11 PM

174 posts, read 374,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Bit of a chauvinistic view don't you think?

Ok, so let's say a woman ends up marrying an abusive (whether mentally or physically) man and decides to divorce him, she should forever be banished to life of being single? Same could be asked in the case of infidelity (the husband, not the wife)?

And should the single men with children, regardless of whether it was out of wedlock or who initiated the divorce, remain single as well?
Maybe it is chauvinistic. What isn't chauvinistic that comes out of a male's mouth in this day and age?

It's not that they should remain single, it is the most likely outcome in the immediate future.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:12 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
And we all lived happily ever after in our sugar coated castle with gumdrop shrubs.
LOL...I want to live in his world. I don't know which "usually" to respond to first.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:13 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times
I knew this girl had a child but I did not know what kind of parent she was, I think coming to her house was a good idea because I realized how much of a pushover she really is, basically a bad parent.

I really liked her little boy BUT even if I was willing to take the stepfather role, it would be way too stressful, arguing over her bad parenting, lack of common sense, consistency, etc.

She basically had a child with an illegal Mexican and the kid's Dad was deported to Mexico. And you were right, when I came to her house, I was expecting to get some but I think she was a bit ashamed of the fact that the kid probably sleeps with her, so she asked me to leave. I can't believe someone would allow a 3 year old child to be up until 12 am.

I wish it was only the fact that she has a kid BUT, there are several other red flags, NO THANKS!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:13 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
These women made a decision to be single mothers, barring widowhood and the man initiating a divorce (which only happens about 30% of time time).

We should respect their decisions and let them remain single.
This is one of the most ignorant chauvinistic statements I've ever heard. I divorced my husband. He was a liar, he drank, did meth, etc...and I got tired of it. So I should have to remain single the rest of my life? Give me a freakin' break. And where did you get your 30% from?

Old 01-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth70 View Post
Maybe it is chauvinistic. What isn't chauvinistic that comes out of a male's mouth in this day and age?

It's not that they should remain single, it is the most likely outcome in the immediate future.
When you say "they", are you including the fathers as well?

Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I knew this girl had a child but I did not know what kind of parent she was, I think coming to her house was a good idea because I realized how much of a pushover she really is, basically a bad parent.

I really liked her little boy BUT even if I was willing to take the stepfather role, it would be way too stressful, arguing over her bad parenting, lack of common sense, consistency, etc.

She basically had a child with an illegal Mexican and the kid's Dad was deported to Mexico. And you were right, when I came to her house, I was expecting to get some but I think she was ashamed of the fact that the kid sleeps with her, I can't believe someone would allow a 3 year old child to be up until 12 am.

I wish it was only the fact that she has a kid BUT, there are several other red flags, NO THANKS!
Oh my, sounds like a Springer show right from the get go. Where'd you find that winner?

Old 01-23-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:

She basically had a child with an illegal Mexican and the kid's Dad was deported to Mexico. And you were right, when I came to her house, I was expecting to get some but I think she was ashamed of the fact that the kid sleeps with her, I can't believe someone would allow a 3 year old child to be up until 12 am.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,967 times
Quote:
When you say "they", are you including the fathers as well?
Exactly!!!

Quote:

She basically had a child with an illegal Mexican and the kid's Dad was deported to Mexico. And you were right, when I came to her house, I was expecting to get some but I think she was a bit ashamed of the fact that the kid probably sleeps with her, so she asked me to leave. I can't believe someone would allow a 3 year old child to be up until 12 am.

And the whole story comes out.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
LOL...I want to live in his world. I don't know which "usually" to respond to first.
Oh golly, they're equally as "real"......take a stab at one, Pick one, any one will do! yeah, I want to live in that posters world...mine is far, far too real for me!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:29 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:

Dude, you knew what you were getting into the whole time and then this whole thread.

How did the bad parenting come in all of a sudden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships