Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:04 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,786,360 times

Advertisements

Not really, if its a lunch date and Chipotle is the only restaurant around that is within commuting distance - then ok, I would be fine with it.

But if hes picking me up for dinner and a movie on a Saturday night and rolls into a Chipotle expecting us to have a nice romantic dinner there - NOPE. I am outta there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 11:53 PM

405 posts, read 1,281,382 times
My Gosh, if you dare took me to Chipotle on my first date I would dump you like yesterday's garbage.. And, I am a man!!

I don't care if you are Kim Kardaishan, in all her glory, if you take me to Chipolte's we're finished!

Personally, I think the way to win a person's heart would be to take them to a decent quality, but not overpriced, family-run Mexican restaurant. Yeah, you have to pay a few dollars more, but they actually serve their Maragaritas in real glass .. OOOH.. WOW.. I know, spectacular.. And, the food is usually a much higher quality and fresher than the slop that sits under the infrared lights in vats at Chipoltes..

Anyway, this is my advice.. I am very picky when it comes to good Mexican food.. Many women would be left in the dirt for failing to live up to my rigorous expectations of this sensational cuisine

Old 11-02-2011, 11:59 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
If that's all you can afford. Man, go ahead.

Romance has nothing to do with where you eat. The romance comes from the 2 parties doing the eating not the food itself. Eating just facilitates the opportunity for romance.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
Maybe it is my perspective, but really, what do women expect? Most men are not Donald Trump. He may have a car payment, student loan, house payment, child support, a lot going out. I prefer a man be reasonable with his money. After all, I am not a gold digger, I am going out with this person to enjoy his company, not to judge his bank account. Or how much he spends on dates.

Honestly, guys, if a woman has an issue with this...is this who you want a relationship with?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:49 AM

405 posts, read 1,281,382 times
Since when is eating at a family Mexican restaurant such an outrageous financial feat??

Seriously, I really am cheap when it comes to eating out, but I can get by with food and drinks for two for about $35.00-40.00 w/tip at most of these family places. yeah, avoid some of the exotic seafood dishes and endless appetizers.. Seriously, Chipotles isn't much cheaper for the slop they give you.. Even the average starving college kid spends more money on beer and dope in a week than that.

Anyway, I don't really believe in wining and dining women.. I rather us go and spend the day at the park, or meditate in the forest or do something deeper, more rewarding and spiritual then the all the cheap thrills of the modern life. If she hates me cause I won't spoil her, let the "liberated", modern woman take her paycheck and take herself out. If she is a traditional girl who believes in the man paying for it all and doesn't have a job, well this is 21st century. She better just accept she doesn't, as Jasper said, have Donald Trump, as a husband. Considering, we live in a gender equal society, there should little qualms about either splitting the bill or not being wined and dined exquisitely all the time.

I think Mexican restaurant for a first date is fine.. If she truly loves you she will respect you for what you did, rather than demand better and better each time. And, don't be a cheapskate either.. I'm sure you can always save a little extra to afford a little better Mexican food.. Trust me, cheap Mexican food is never worth it. Good Mexican food can be acquired cheaper than good Italian food.. LOL

Jasper, all us non-Donald Trumps wish we could find a woman with your mindset.. However, there are a good number of women these days who think not being pampered equates to not being loved.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:10 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Maybe it is my perspective, but really, what do women expect? Most men are not Donald Trump. He may have a car payment, student loan, house payment, child support, a lot going out. I prefer a man be reasonable with his money. After all, I am not a gold digger, I am going out with this person to enjoy his company, not to judge his bank account. Or how much he spends on dates.

Honestly, guys, if a woman has an issue with this...is this who you want a relationship with?
That's the kind of nonsense that ticks me off. A guy makes a strong effort to take a gal out, now it's not good enough.

Were did all of this relationship stuff go south? I know my mom and dad did not deal with this kind of foolishness.

They courted each other when my dad was a BROKE college student. 40 plus years later they've done well and provided me and my siblings with a nice upbringing. Yes. that's over 40 years of marriage!

In this day, folks are just being very unreasonable to be honest. They want a "ready made perfect mate/relationship." I wouldn't care if we grabbed frozen pizza and a DVD and had a few drinks at home. If it's the summer time, fire up the grill!

I'm trying to get to know her. So if frozen pizza is the only thing we can afford, let's do it. I'm not going to not enjoy my life because I can't buy a bottle of wine and expensive food.

Whatever happened to taking your guy/gal on a picnic? Maybe I'm just to old fashioned

It's pathetic to say the least.

Do people WORK on making their relationships anymore? No. To busy thinking "all about me,me,me,me....treat me to a nice diner, take me to a nice place to eat, you must a degree to date me.".

My mom and dad created the life they wanted. They started out as two poor college students and have accomplished a lot. They worked and planed things together.

A nice diner at Chipotle is more than enough. The food is good and it's very filling.

If you don't want Chipotle, say home. I'll send you a text(maybe) and let you know how good my meal was.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times
It doesn't seem conducive to conversation. It's a fast food chain, and they are made to be "in and out". The staff will start giving you the evil eye to get out after about 20 minutes.... There are many places you can eat with good food that is affordable that have better environments for getting to know someone.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:44 AM

941 posts, read 1,805,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
If that's all you can afford. Man, go ahead.

Romance has nothing to do with where you eat. The romance comes from the 2 parties doing the eating not the food itself. Eating just facilitates the opportunity for romance.
just skip the beans

Old 11-03-2011, 06:30 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,861,634 times
The Chipotle nearest my home has a pleasant atmosphere, friendly employees and better-than-average quality food for a quick-serve restaurant. It is conversation-friendly. There is also a very nice patio. The amount spent on a meal shouldn't matter. Peanut butter sandwiches and fresh fruit could be a nice date if accompanied by a interesting conversation and a pleasant companion.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Hell, if that's the case, you know McDonald's has a dollar menu...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships