Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:22 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM Revolutions View Post
Astute observations (in red). I started a website dedicated to de-constructing this absolute farce of an idea called "multiculturalism" and diversity - if it means only having white dudes shack up with Asian chicks and throwing in a token black guy/white girl just to keep up appearances.

There's more than meets the eye: check out the links to Asian Male Revolutions (Home : AMR) below.

About AMR : AMR

FAQ : AMR

Our Team : AMR

II. The Appropriation of Multiculturalism : AMR

IV. The Consequences of Ideological Corruption : AMR

I could've said many things, but I decided to turn to an economy of words.

I welcome your thoughts, Ameiko.
Great website!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:38 PM

122 posts, read 381,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I'm in an interracial relationship but have declined to answer the OPs questions because I'm unsure of his intent.

Are interracial couples supposed to meet in some strange, weird or unique way? We meet in the same cities and settings as any other couple.
I'm trying to see if it is more common in some places than others.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:39 PM

19 posts, read 38,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Great website!
Thank you and if you'd like, please add us on your Facebook. By doing so you'll help spread a positive and progressive message concerning race relations and diversity. Cheers!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM Revolutions View Post
Thank you and if you'd like, please add us on your Facebook. By doing so you'll help spread a positive and progressive message concerning race relations and diversity. Cheers!
I'll look out for your FB page. Wish there were more on your website!

This is a topic I stumbled across about six months ago, and I find it very interesting. Changed my perspective for the better anyway. And by the way as a black female, I can tell you we share some similarities in terms of the effects of negative sexual/dating stereotypes...

Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominus View Post
A) What city

B) What setting (the office, at the store, a library, in college, etc)

This is just a random question.

Bay Area, CA

At Work.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I met my ex whom is Korean in Philly.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
NYC

I met my ex @ a lounge

Old 01-28-2010, 05:22 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
My mom used to make those. She always called them chitlin's. I prefer to call them sh*tlin's.
We too call them chitlins. But if you live in an area where the grocery stores sell them,look on the front of the bucket they come in. It is spelled CHITTERLINGS. And another southern idiom is the word "vittles." Although pronounced as "vittles" it is actually just a southern idiom for the word "victuals."

Old 01-28-2010, 09:38 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
We too call them chitlins. But if you live in an area where the grocery stores sell them,look on the front of the bucket they come in. It is spelled CHITTERLINGS. And another southern idiom is the word "vittles." Although pronounced as "vittles" it is actually just a southern idiom for the word "victuals."
Hey! I was given the word "victuals" in a spelling bee one time. Won a trophy for my school by spelling it correctly!! *chuckle*

(Capt., it was at Bailly JHS!)

Sorry - off topic. I couldn't help myself......

Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM

19 posts, read 38,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I'll look out for your FB page. Wish there were more on your website!

This is a topic I stumbled across about six months ago, and I find it very interesting. Changed my perspective for the better anyway. And by the way as a black female, I can tell you we share some similarities in terms of the effects of negative sexual/dating stereotypes...

Mmm, yes. Here's an interesting thread from Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture, a website I admire.

Whatever Happened to Rufio?: The Non-Asian Ideal of Masculinity | Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture

Pay close attention to the comments - they're probably more valuable than the post itself (with due respect to the author). Many black females and white/Asian women who echo your sentiments.

On a sidenote, I really do think that the "legitimacy" of white male/Asian female couples as an expression of "colorblind love" is starting to fall apart. I have illustrated how those white men and Asian women who are in love can only see the good within their relationship, while failing to observe and recognize the hidden messages they convey to those around them:

http://asianmalerevolutions.com/reme...al-corruption/ (whoops, posted that already. )

In a fundamental sense, it's an expression of neo-colonial oppression and 'cultural rape' - particularly if Asian males themselves are systematically excluded from this "interracial public discourse" by racist social pressure from white society (ever notice how most white social circles are very open to having an Asian female join in, but are generally wary of the males? ) and from distorted media images that only push forward images of white men/Asian women and white women/black men.

This is even reflected in the replies on this VERY THREAD, where we have a number of white and black men talking about their Asian and white significant others, respectively. The things that make you go, "HMMMM."

And by the way, the links to our facebook fan page and profile are both on our website's front page. Just scroll down.

Last edited by AM Revolutions; 01-28-2010 at 01:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.