Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:15 PM

109 posts, read 202,648 times

Advertisements

They say there is no perfect relationship. This is true, but:

1. what imperfections in a person or situation would make you say no to amazing chemistry?

2. And what makes you STAY and develop a relationship even with things/the other person (that great chemistry person) not being perfect?

3. Is Chemistry over-rated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 06:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishka View Post

1. what imperfections in a person or situation would make you say no to amazing chemistry?

2. And what makes you STAY and develop a relationship even with things/the other person (that great chemistry person) not being perfect?

3. Is Chemistry over-rated?
1. what imperfections in a person or situation would make you say no to amazing chemistry? Character flaws and someone with no ethics or morals .

2. And what makes you STAY and develop a relationship even with things/the other person (that great chemistry person) not being perfect? Character, values and ethics.

3. Is Chemistry over-rated? No, it's an important ingrediant in the recipe

Old 02-13-2010, 06:46 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,673,781 times
Default here's my answer

being co-workers, especially when there are other men on the job can easily get you fired if they resent the relationship you have with her

Old 02-13-2010, 07:06 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Atheists. They can live their miserable lives with some one else

Old 02-14-2010, 12:27 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
Quote:

I can't stand helplessness. I like men who take action.

I also don't like men who let me walk all over them (I have a strong personality sometimes).

Old 02-14-2010, 02:24 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
He's married or has another woman in his life. That's where I say- NO!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:33 AM

740 posts, read 1,232,901 times
He was my boss's boss and married. Why I felt chemistry I do not know. If he felt it back I never asked. Some thing are better left ignored

Old 02-14-2010, 01:05 PM

109 posts, read 202,648 times
When I say chemistry I mean that 'click' along with physical chemistry; not just physical or sexual chemistry What do other people mean when they say 'chemistry'?

Old 02-15-2010, 12:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
When I say chemistry I mean that 'click' along with physical chemistry; not just physical or sexual chemistry What do other people mean when they say 'chemistry'?
Someone who is kind, considerate, has a good sense of humor, isn't full of themselves, is interested and engaged with an enquiring mind that is open to the ideas of others. Pheromones don't hurt either.

What would make me say "no" would be that I'm married. If I was single but they were married or in a relationship, that would also be a "no."

Old 02-15-2010, 12:57 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,297 times
Chemistry isn't overrated, but it's also not enough to build a relationship on. It's a starting point. You could have everything in common with the person, but if there's no chemistry, then it'll never work. And you can't force chemistry either. What would make me stay even when the chemistry isn't out-of-this-world is I felt that we had too much in common and that I would regret giving up on it. But if the chemistry were incredible, what would make me walk away is I felt the person had personality flaws (too needy or too distancing), lied, cheated, etc. Chemistry can't make you overlook that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Atheists. They can live their miserable lives with some one else
My life is fine, thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships