Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

A good command of the English language, proper diction and a well modulated voice will get me every time. I don't mind an accent but don't be nasal, whiney, twangy or inarticulate.

The one thing most people seem to remember or recognize about me is my voice. It's quite deep and, after many years of public speaking, I use it well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM

897 posts, read 1,592,139 times
My wife just had a really bad cold and her voice got all raspy and soft. It was sexy as hell. She got compliments at work and it got me riled up but I didn't tell her why because she seemed a little hurt that people thought her voice sounded better than her regular voice.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:41 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
My wife just had a really bad cold and her voice got all raspy and soft. It was sexy as hell. She got compliments at work and it got me riled up but I didn't tell her why because she seemed a little hurt that people thought her voice sounded better than her regular voice.
LOL - the same thing happened to me recently: got a cold that started taking out my voice, and was told I sounded sexier. Sheesh...maybe if I get a tracheotomy they'll REALLY fall all over me.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:00 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
I do think there's something to the idea of the OP. Sometimes there's something distinctive about a human voice that would be hard to define but certain qualities tend to project something that others can be attracted to. It's not only just the tonal qualities, it's often a feeling that a person's voice seems to have a sensual appeal or is able to reflect something very personal about them such as a sense of humor, intelligence, confidence, and many other traits. When you consider the fact that the voices of many radio and television personalities are immediately recognizable and have an impact on listeners it becomes obvious that the human voice has the ability to have a strong influence on anyone who hears it.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Have you ever found yourself attracted to someone because of the way they talk? It could be their voice, it could be the way the say certain words, or just how they express themselves. I remember dating someone whose voice just had me completely hooked. I could listen to her read the phone book. I just find it really interesting all the ways in which you might find someone attractive.

Or maybe it was the other way around. The voice, the way they talked, maybe the language just absolutely turned you off. I've certainly had that happen. You meet a beautiful woman, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard or maybe it's really, REALLY deep.
Shashi Tharoor, author and candidate for UN pres., had me at "hello". I heard a speech from him and would have born his kids if asked. Oddly enough my ex husband felt the same, and he has never liked men. So some people just have it

On the opposite side, I met a very charismatic diplomat from Slovakia. Everything was super, until he spoke. My shoe can have better conversations. 60 to 0 in under 1 second

Old 02-18-2010, 05:20 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
I'm often seen as being articulate, and my voice is quite a hit in the organisation I work in.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:04 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
I've always enjoyed the Russian accent. When i hear it from a Russian woman...... :-)

Old 02-18-2010, 07:09 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I am attracted to woman who speak intelligently, articulately and at a reasonable pace; not the squeaky, 100mph chipmunk voices some younger women especially speak like (generally enjoy listening to older women speak). A lower voice is better too - not like a man or anything, just in a sultry, phone sex way lol.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 PM

600 posts, read 1,609,367 times
I hate my voice, although noone understands why. I hate hearing myself speak.

I LOVE soft spoken men. So sexy.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:04 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I can usually tell how I feel about a guy when he says my name. If it makes me cringe, no thanks. If it makes me swoon, .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships