Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:47 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I find it hilarious that a woman doesn't have to respond to a man, but if a woman shows interest in a man he must respond or he's an a**hole. Just another man bad, woman good double standards around here.
You don't think calling someone fat simply because she had the GALL to be friendly is a jerk maneuver? I think so male OR female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 12:58 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You don't think calling someone fat simply because she had the GALL to be friendly is a jerk maneuver? I think so male OR female.
One does not have to respond, but calling someone a name because he or she was friendly (of course depending on "friendly") is uncalled for.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:31 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, she came up to me, talking to me, and I told her to go to hell, called her fat (which she wasn't, but women hate to hear that), and I think she went to the ladie's room to cry...and I am still find it funny.

BUT, I never said I was rebuffed by women! I just said that it was a preemptive paypack against any future possible rejection, and that I was simply defending myself. That woman was up to no good.

I do not talk to women, and I would like women to not talk to me either. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That seems a little harsh. This poster has a very different take on things, and one that will put him at odds with people, but I'm pretty sure he's under no obligation to be social just because he's in a bar. It sounds like he believes he has an obligation to be polite, but none beyond that. And if he's annoyed by someone approaching him, but he's polite, I'm not sure he's failed any aspect of the social contract. Really, polite's not even necessarily required. Would a woman's presence in a bar obligate her in any way to respond positively to a man's advances?
Quote:
Calling someone fat and verbally harassing them in public is a pr!ck move. Period. Social contract? No one is required not to be a pr!ck. That does not change the fact that he was, indeed, one. I would think a woman who is not a pr!ck could respond politely. Hell I do it all the time.
OK. I had not seen that bit of terribleness, so clearly I spoke out of ignorance. My apologies. Pr!ck is probably to kind a term.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Oh I didn't see that part so my apologies. Yeah that is a bad move on his part.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:46 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
No worries. Ooopsses happen.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:29 PM

710 posts, read 584,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
lol i kinda folow those rules..I figure im just wasting time approaching women while theyre thinkign in their heads when will this unattratcive guy just leave me alone..
I kind of agree with this. I don't approach women at all because it's sort of a waste. It's pretty much guaranteed that I'm likely to get rejected at least 8 times out of 10 and some women don't want to be bothered. It's only worth it if you're a really attractive guy imo. I just stick to online dating, it's how I met my last girlfriend.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:57 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I kind of agree with this. I don't approach women at all because it's sort of a waste. It's pretty much guaranteed that I'm likely to get rejected at least 8 times out of 10 and some women don't want to be bothered. It's only worth it if you're a really attractive guy imo. I just stick to online dating, it's how I met my last girlfriend.
I don't really approach women either the relationships I had I just stumbled into when I wasn't looking. I'm not successful with and haven't been with many nor do I care to be. I have cousins who are successful with women are they're the biggest a**clowns ever. I have no interest in trying to be successful with every woman I see. If I stumble into a relationship again, great. If I never date again, that's fine as well. I can live without a woman.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,889 times
Well , **** that and **** this, **** everything right in their **** **** those ***** !!!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:19 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,123 times
While harassing women is not cool nor is being aggressive, but being assertive, showing interest, asking them out , befriending them, showing sexual interest and just socializing with them is perfectly normal.

I think you have taken things way too far. But hey if you want to live your life like this, go for it. You qre only ensuring that you will remain alone.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:39 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Same.

All my dates (and 1st base hookups) have been via online dating. I've never gone out on a date from a woman I met in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships