Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:31 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,162 times

Advertisements

I saw "The 40 Year old Virgin" in the theatres when it came out, and I remember at one point Steve Carrol's character, the forty year old virgin, says "hey, I respect women! I respect them so much, I don't even talk to them!" and people in the theatre laughed....but I didn't, because that is how I always felt.

I am sorry, but I am one man who feels that the best way for a man to respect women is just to please, LEAVE THEM ALONE. I do not talk to woman socially, do not go to bars and go up to some woman who I do not know (the nerve of some guys) and do not bother them. I figure that they just want to be left alone. How is that not good wisdom, especially if you, like me, are not an attractive man (short, bad skin, out of shape etc) and know, honestly, that no woman wants to be bothered by the likes of you?

I for one am of the opinion that the best way to show one's respect for women is to leave them alone. That is the philosophy I have followed my whole life and I have never angered any women or made any woman uncomfortable in my entire life as a result. I would say that that qualifies me as a "good man".

EDIT: I do not mean "never, under any circumstances" talk to women, but what I mean is in the social, flirty way. If the cashier at the bank is a female than of course I will talk to her or a female co-worker. However, when it comes to females, it is best to leave it at business and nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,010,151 times

Old 02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,238 times
you can talk to a woman without angering or making them uncomfortable them you know. they are just people too, not some foreign species

Old 02-22-2010, 02:37 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times
lol i kinda folow those rules..I figure im just wasting time approaching women while theyre thinkign in their heads when will this unattratcive guy just leave me alone..

Old 02-22-2010, 02:37 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
you can talk to a woman without angering or making them uncomfortable them you know. they are just people too, not some foreign species
Some of them think they are....(:>)

Old 02-22-2010, 02:42 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,303,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I saw "The 40 Year old Virgin" in the theatres when it came out, and I remember at one point Steve Carrol's character, the forty year old virgin, says "hey, I respect women! I respect them so much, I don't even talk to them!" and people in the theatre laughed....but I didn't, because that is how I always felt.

I am sorry, but I am one man who feels that the best way for a man to respect women is just to please, LEAVE THEM ALONE. I do not talk to woman socially, do not go to bars and go up to some woman who I do not know (the nerve of some guys) and do not bother them. I figure that they just want to be left alone. How is that not good wisdom, especially if you, like me, are not an attractive man (short, bad skin, out of shape etc) and know, honestly, that no woman wants to be bothered by the likes of you?

I for one am of the opinion that the best way to show one's respect for women is to leave them alone. That is the philosophy I have followed my whole life and I have never angered any women or made any woman uncomfortable in my entire life as a result. I would say that that qualifies me as a "good man".

So far I have read from your other threads:
That you have no chance with women because you are only 5'2", that you hate kids but love rats and now that you stay away from women entirely.

Are you really surprised that you are 28 and girlfriendless, as you put it here: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-stand-37.html

Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Some of them think they are....(:>)
And some actually are (guys too)

Old 02-22-2010, 02:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Victorianpunk, please refresh my memory. I remember a post from a guy who said a woman once approached him in a bar, and he insulted her and angrily told her to leave him alone. He gloated later on this board that it was nice to turn the tables on women for once, because he had been frequently rebuffed and ignored by women.

I remember the post but not the poster. Was that you?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:47 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post

No, it is not possible for a man to talk to women in such a manner without making them feel uncomfortable. Doing so is disrespectful to women. One can talk to them professionally, yes, but the whole "flirting" thing always makes women feel uncomfortable and is a morally and ethically awful thing to do.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
No, it is not possible for a man to talk to women in such a manner without making them feel uncomfortable. Doing so is disrespectful to women. One can talk to them professionally, yes, but the whole "flirting" thing always makes women feel uncomfortable and is a morally and ethically awful thing to do.

that is my only response to that post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships