Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Talking to a woman is disrespectful? Wow....

No, flirting with a woman is disrespectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 03:01 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
....but the whole going up to someone and just talking is really disrespectful.

And why do you think this way?

It's very dysfunctional, but really interesting.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:01 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times
Quote:
I saw "The 40 Year old Virgin" in the theatres when it came out, and I remember at one point Steve Carrol's character, the forty year old virgin, says "hey, I respect women! I respect them so much, I don't even talk to them!" and people in the theatre laughed....but I didn't, because that is how I always felt.

I am sorry, but I am one man who feels that the best way for a man to respect women is just to please, LEAVE THEM ALONE. I do not talk to woman socially, do not go to bars and go up to some woman who I do not know (the nerve of some guys) and do not bother them. I figure that they just want to be left alone. How is that not good wisdom, especially if you, like me, are not an attractive man (short, bad skin, out of shape etc) and know, honestly, that no woman wants to be bothered by the likes of you?

I for one am of the opinion that the best way to show one's respect for women is to leave them alone. That is the philosophy I have followed my whole life and I have never angered any women or made any woman uncomfortable in my entire life as a result. I would say that that qualifies me as a "good man".

EDIT: I do not mean "never, under any circumstances" talk to women, but what I mean is in the social, flirty way. If the cashier at the bank is a female than of course I will talk to her or a female co-worker. However, when it comes to females, it is best to leave it at business and nothing more.

Why should anyone care if you are a good man if you are not going to talk to a woman socially? Do you want that as your epitaph or something?

Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
No, flirting with a woman is disrespectful.
You posted that talking to a woman is disrespectful...

Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
If he doesn't want to flirt with women he certainly doesn't have to. It seems like he made this thread to have some women go "awww...you poor guy."

I mean it's America man...if you don't want to talk to a single soul...you certainly don't have to.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:03 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You posted that talking to a woman is disrespectful...

To play Devil's advocate...it's his feeling about the situation. I don't think we can sit here and tell him that he's wrong.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
And why do you think this way?

It's very dysfunctional, but really interesting.

flirting is just a euphemism for something else: SEXUAL HARASSMENT. It's not okay at the workplace and it should not be okay in bars or clubs or any other social event. Women diserve better than to be sexually harassed everytime they go to a nightclub or a bar or a party or something.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:05 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Yes, she came up to me, talking to me, and I told her to go to hell, called her fat (which she wasn't, but women hate to hear that), and I think she went to the ladie's room to cry...and I am still find it funny.

BUT, I never said I was rebuffed by women! I just said that it was a preemptive paypack against any future possible rejection, and that I was simply defending myself. That woman was up to no good.

I do not talk to women, and I would like women to not talk to me either. Simple as that.
Hi victorianpunk,

Well that does ring of some forms of Gnosticism. I always figured cold season was the best. A thick layer of mucus stands between the good Gnostic and the taste of the nasty food of the corporeal world. Foul moods also keep one from becoming despoiled from the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
If he doesn't want to flirt with women he certainly doesn't have to. It seems like he made this thread to have some women go "awww...you poor guy."
What, I should get pitty for being one of the few men to treat women with respect?

Quote:
I mean it's America man...if you don't want to talk to a single soul...you certainly don't have to.
And women shouldn't have to deal with men bothering them all the time. This is America after all.

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
It is your choice, but I love flirting. It is fun and can be done in a respectful way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships