Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:03 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
HANG ON! I wouldn't mind if it was presented in interesting terms but not if it was a full on endless blab fest type lecture.

Seriously it's all in the delivery. I personally think that MM could read me the phone book and make it interesting....
I'm just checking, you weren't talking about me, were you? Just in case....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 08:06 AM

I'm interested in all kinds of topics, including physics, but a man really needs to know what he is talking about, not just pretending to know by throwing smart-sounding words like "theory and philosophy".

Old 02-28-2010, 08:07 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I'm just checking, you weren't talking about me, were you? Just in case....
No dear, although I did notice someone called you MM the other day and I thought " this could get hairy if I'm not careful.

Whenever I refer to MM I mean Minute Man.

Well you know unless I quote you or something like that.

Reckon you'd do a good rendition of the phone book too, though.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
No dear, although I did notice someone called you MM the other day and I thought " this could get hairy if I'm not careful.

Whenever I refer to MM I mean Minute Man.

Well you know unless I quote you or something like that.

Reckon you'd do a good rendition of the phone book too, though.

My bad...I got so flattered for a second....

Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
My bad...I got so flattered for a second....
Aaw! Well I could talk about you if you'd like.

And I meant what I said about the phone book.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:52 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
On the flight home today, me and my brother got talking about the airplane, the wing, and lift. So I told him everything I remembered about Bernoulli's Principle. He sarcastically said, "Super. Thanks. I really wanted to know all that. Bet the ladies love you."

My response was that between 51 and 66% of women would enjoy hearing about Bernoulli's Principle.

Who was right?

EDIT: 51 to 66% of women would find physics talk more interesting than articles in People Magazine. Depending on age.

Hi JSizzle225,

I doubt most people would want to sit between two people discussing it. Especially if one of them is me since I do not consider that to be the best explanation of flight. Some people may insist that I believe it is. That poor girl already has to keep both her elbows in.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:22 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
There's a name for that, Phil, only I can't say it here in this forum.
PM me.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi JSizzle225,

I doubt most people would want to sit between two people discussing it. Especially if one of them is me since I do not consider that to be the best explanation of flight. Some people may insist that I believe it is. That poor girl already has to keep both her elbows in.
I think you have missed the point.
1) Only my brother and myself even had this conversation. Our third guest was asleep.
2) I'm well aware of how to pick up a woman. I was born talking, so that's not my problem when it comes to women...I just usually can't pick 'em.

I made a joke that it looked like the wing wasn't glued on very well. My brother corrected me, not knowing I was joking, talking about "lift." I told him, "thanks professor," and let him know that I remembered Bernoulli's Principle.

He then told me that would put most women to sleep. I retorted that most women would find that fascinating, and reminded him that I save most his screw ups in the bar.

He told me that women find Celebrity Gossip fascinating, which I told him I find boring.

So the bet was made:

In casual conversation, I said that 3/5 women would prefer to hear about Physics than Celebrity gossip. In a total cross section of women in the US...anything at 51% and above I would win. He wins at 50% and below.

I think I have this in the bag.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:30 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
I don't think 51-66% of women OR men would find the topic interesting. Usually when my hubby goes on a science rant, I just nod my head. However, I do find the TV show Big Bang Theory freakin' hilarious. It's like watching the hubby on TV!

Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I don't think 51-66% of women OR men would find the topic interesting. Usually when my hubby goes on a science rant, I just nod my head. However, I do find the TV show Big Bang Theory freakin' hilarious. It's like watching the hubby on TV!
My ex-husband also considers Algebra good bedtime reading material, but had he started with it, we certainly would've never shared a bed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships