Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 PM

19 posts, read 23,191 times

Advertisements

So, I asked out a girl (who is also kind of a recent friend and met thru other mutual friends) on Valentine's day knowing she was working late on both days of the Valentine's day weekend. When I asked, she replied saying she doesn't know if she can make it this (Valentine's day) weekend but, maybe she can go grab some food next week.

So, I took that as a rejection and didn't reply to her until next day morning. Then when I delayed the response (text), she kept initiating the conversations through texts for 2 days after I asked. And we both text back and forth. The subject of me asking never was brought up by her or me after that. So, I figured she was maybe trying to save the friendship by initiating the conversations and trying to get me out. So, we meet up for a citywide event get together and hang out. I meet up with her and we hang alone for about an hour and then one of her guy friends meets us for the rest of the night. Again, no mention of the asking out question. Just playing it cool and having random chit-chat.

So, right now its 1.5wks after last we met although, we did text back and forth. And today we finally meet up for something and she was like it's been awhile since I've seen you. I said "yeah". And I also think that she "hangs" out with me more than other "guy" friends in the group. She hangs out with them but, not one-on-one basis... Sometimes alone but, mostly in a group setting. I think I've hung with her more one-on-one, tho.

So, my question is: Did I interpret her response incorrectly? And should I ask her out again and make sure that the word "Date" is included to make clear that I want to take her out and not just another hang out?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 07:41 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,356,266 times
You won't know until you ask . What do you have to lose ?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:42 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Stop over analyzing this, and just come out and ask her out on a date! Good luck! (A little push)

4,897 posts, read 18,495,633 times
it's kind of weird to ask someone out on a first date for valentines day which is probably why she was trying to get a rain check from you. i bet she does want to go out with you, without the added pressure of a lover's holiday.

257 posts, read 534,008 times
Yes, ask her out again. I don't see her response as rejection especially since she has 'hung out' since then.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
it's kind of weird to ask someone out on a first date for valentines day which is probably why she was trying to get a rain check from you. i bet she does want to go out with you, without the added pressure of a lover's holiday.
Well, that may be understandable. But, we did meet about 1.5months before Valentine's day. And did hang out couple times before.

The main problem here is that she doesn't flirt at ALL. I mean I touch her and put my arm around her back and stuff but, she doesn't do any of the "by the book" type flirting that can tell me she's interested and not just being nice/friendly...

Old 02-27-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar06 View Post
Well, that may be understandable. But, we did meet about 1.5months before Valentine's day. And did hang out couple times before.

The main problem here is that she doesn't flirt at ALL. I mean I touch her and put my arm around her back and stuff but, she doesn't do any of the "by the book" type flirting that can tell me she's interested and not just being nice/friendly...
All you can do is try...you don`t wanna waste to much time, and be put in the "friends zone."

Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
All you can do is try...you don`t wanna waste to much time, and be put in the "friends zone."
Yeah, that's one thing I'm also thinking about.

I assume, you're a girl by your name? If so, what do you think about what I said about her not flirting? Does that mean anything..? I just don't want to make it all awkward if I ask her not having some idea that she's interested or not and then if she says no. That could back fire and be awkward...

Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar06 View Post
Yeah, that's one thing I'm also thinking about.

I assume, you're a girl by your name? If so, what do you think about what I said about her not flirting? Does that mean anything..? I just don't want to make it all awkward if I ask her not having some idea that she's interested or not and then if she says no. That could back fire and be awkward...
Well, it could be....but I guess thats the chance that you have to take, to go for something that you want!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:03 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,466,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
He is in the friends zone already. When you put your arm around her, does she reciprocate ? It doesnt sound like she is going out of the way to drop subtle hints to let you know she is interested. I never found it ideal to date within the friends circle, it makes things awkward. Dont text her, call her or ask her face to face, its too easy to be let down via text. I wouldnt push too hard asking repeatedly with no response, maybe back off and let her wonder why you have distanced yourself, let her do the calling, if she is interested she will call. If not, see if she has a sister , kidding of course...... good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships