Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 11:07 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,480,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I just realized: I have a yellow star! Yay me!
Cool!

Quote:
Today was.....different.

Got up at 5 am to "coupon hunt" - I go to news stands and grab their leftover Sunday papers, take out the coupon inserts, bundle the papers back up, then recycle them. Sometimes I wait until mid-day but there was supposed to be a special coupon and I didn't want to miss it. No problems, but traffic was already heavy at one store and I didn't get there - figured I'd go tonight.

But I forgot something VERY important. My husband's ex-wife was in town. We call her the chaos creator. Whenever she arrives on this island, chaos precedes her and remains until AFTER she has left. Why I would think I could get away without a problem, I just can't explain. It's been like this for 13 years, suddenly it's different? NOT

So the weekend went without a hitch - we had a BBQ on Saturday with about 20 friends, had a blast - finally got to bed around 2, finished the cleanup yesterday - putting away chairs and tables. Then today.

Started off great - I got more than I usually do, but only 3 of the special coupons. No problem, I'll grab them tonight. Spent the afternoon shopping with a friend - getting all the deals, even hit PetsMart with the coupons for free dog treats. Whoohoo, everything running smoooooth. Came home, made dinner and waited for rush hours to end at 7. Head out the door, stop at a traffic light about 2 miles from home and car shuts off. Battery isn't just dead, it's deader than dead. No click, no crank. no emergency lights. I'm sitting at a traffic light in the lane and people are flying up behind the car at 40-50 or more. Cell phone which was in the charger is also dead. Luckily there's a car dealership at the corner so I grab someone and ask them to call my husband to call tripleA. Turns out the car had to be towed, the alternator is SHOT (it lasted 8 years!).

Get that squared away, no coupons and the car is at the shop, and I get home and husband charges the cell phone and there's a phone message - it's the CHAOS girl! No wonder!! Not only that, but she left this long message that he tried to repeat only to erase it! LOL So he has no idea what she wanted (and doesn't really care). Sanity will return tomorrow, she should have left the island today.

But I wanted to shop some more!!!

Some people are like that, aren't they? I know of a relative that whenever she asks anybody for a ride, their car kills in the middle of the road sometime during their trip. Its weird and a little scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I agree Chow. Tried to rep you. I think these people are just amazing. They have nothing but my respect.
They are to be admired for sure. Hopefully all these wars will bring change for the better in some respect. Its not good that men and women are dieing, while things remain the same.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:28 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,806,953 times
Quote:
Today was.....different.

Got up at 5 am to "coupon hunt" - I go to news stands and grab their leftover Sunday papers, take out the coupon inserts, bundle the papers back up, then recycle them. Sometimes I wait until mid-day but there was supposed to be a special coupon and I didn't want to miss it. No problems, but traffic was already heavy at one store and I didn't get there - figured I'd go tonight.

But I forgot something VERY important. My husband's ex-wife was in town. We call her the chaos creator. Whenever she arrives on this island, chaos precedes her and remains until AFTER she has left. Why I would think I could get away without a problem, I just can't explain. It's been like this for 13 years, suddenly it's different? NOT

So the weekend went without a hitch - we had a BBQ on Saturday with about 20 friends, had a blast - finally got to bed around 2, finished the cleanup yesterday - putting away chairs and tables. Then today.

Started off great - I got more than I usually do, but only 3 of the special coupons. No problem, I'll grab them tonight. Spent the afternoon shopping with a friend - getting all the deals, even hit PetsMart with the coupons for free dog treats. Whoohoo, everything running smoooooth. Came home, made dinner and waited for rush hours to end at 7. Head out the door, stop at a traffic light about 2 miles from home and car shuts off. Battery isn't just dead, it's deader than dead. No click, no crank. no emergency lights. I'm sitting at a traffic light in the lane and people are flying up behind the car at 40-50 or more. Cell phone which was in the charger is also dead. Luckily there's a car dealership at the corner so I grab someone and ask them to call my husband to call tripleA. Turns out the car had to be towed, the alternator is SHOT (it lasted 8 years!).

Get that squared away, no coupons and the car is at the shop, and I get home and husband charges the cell phone and there's a phone message - it's the CHAOS girl! No wonder!! Not only that, but she left this long message that he tried to repeat only to erase it! LOL So he has no idea what she wanted (and doesn't really care). Sanity will return tomorrow, she should have left the island today.

But I wanted to shop some more!!!
Ack, she called the cell phone and killed your car!

Old 06-15-2010, 05:36 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,806,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Things get me down.

I always seems to have something to be upset about. Life sometimes kicks you in the nuts.

I watch these vids and I can't help but to be happy. I feel for these people, my heart goes out to our men and women who have the most courage and the most incredible sense of duty, my hats off to our incredible troops, and their courageous families who have to bear the brunt of our sacrifices.

Soldiers Surprising Loved Ones - Bing Video
Thanks for sharing that, Chow.

but also

Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,161,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'ma gonna sleep good tonight. Went up to the school track with my son and his buds and did 3 full bleacher runs and a few quarter laps on the track. I was totally whipped...but my oh my did that feel good. A shower and a tiny snack and I feel like a new woman.

And then I looked in the mirror.
Silly girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Things get me down.

I always seems to have something to be upset about. Life sometimes kicks you in the nuts.

I watch these vids and I can't help but to be happy. I feel for these people, my heart goes out to our men and women who have the most courage and the most incredible sense of duty, my hats off to our incredible troops, and their courageous families who have to bear the brunt of our sacrifices.

Soldiers Surprising Loved Ones - Bing Video
I can't watch those, I cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ack, she called the cell phone and killed your car!
I have no doubt. It was my husband who said it was all her fault. Car only has problems when she's near.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:47 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,798,512 times
I heard the conch shell calling when I woke up this am. It's time to invest in new pants and shorts

Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,727,027 times
http://www.oregonfishingforum.com/attachments/trout-fishing-oregon/9784d1276629128-hows-bank-fishing-timothy-lake-.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 PM

New record Kokanee at Wallowa Lake 9.67lbs

Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 PM

http://www.oregonfishingforum.com/attachments/lower-dechutes-river/9775d1276559916-guided-fly-trip-big-d-.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM

http://www.oregonfishingforum.com/attachments/lower-dechutes-river/9773d1276559670-guided-fly-trip-big-d-.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-15-2010, 06:40 PM

http://www.oregonfishingforum.com/attachments/lower-dechutes-river/9758d1276544434-guided-fly-trip-big-d-.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships