Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:12 AM

11 posts, read 12,298 times

Advertisements

----JustJulia-------do you know this "Monkeywrenching" guy well?------I read his profile and he seems like an honorable enough guy so I figure his daughter is decent as well and if I had a daughter I would want to know the guy who wanted to ask her out------well,if you do know him,tell him this thread is still active----(I tried to e-mail him but this computer is rigged up so that it can't send e-mails to a private individual---or something to that effect----my brother hooked it up so he could explain it better)-------anyway,I work second shift at a freight railroad Sat. through Wed. and don't get to travel around as much as I used to when I worked out of state years ago ----computers are great;it's like a C.B. radio with a longer transmission distance------okay---have a nice day----

Old 07-25-2011, 04:32 PM

645 posts, read 1,276,056 times
I’ve dated, run about with, or had one nighters with women that ranged from 5’10” through 6’2” and I can say that I liked the taller women more. I’m 6’3” and when I was young, I remember being quite sick of all the 4’10” through 5’2” short things that wouldn’t leave me alone. I personally like them between 5’7” and 5’10”, but women close to my height do not bother me one bit. Things match up a whole lot better, and not just in the bedroom. I don’t have to adjust mirrors, car seats, or worry about putting something too high and out of their reach. When walking in tight and or congested areas, tall girls do not crowd me to the point where I’m almost tripping over them because they’re tall as well and can appreciate that my gait isn’t that of somebody 5’4” tall . This list goes on and on, as anybody that’s 6’2” or taller can appreciate. Additionally, in the bedroom, there’s no need to worry about bottoming out, and a tall woman can be treated a lot more roughly than some dainty short thing. At least that’s been my experience. As far as women in heels goes, I won’t date a woman that wears heels. If she wears anything more than pumps, I’ll want nothing to do with her. I bring this up because I’ve had a few 5’11” – 6’0” women come directly up to me, eyeball my height as they stood next to me, and then tell me how I’ll do because they can wear heels when they’re with me. That’s laughable.

Now for my opinions: After hearing many friends talk and reading studies, most men seem to like very feminine women. Hence, “tall” is a quality largely associated with men, so tall women are probably perceived as being more masculine than a short women.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
I'd like a girl around 6', but they get taken pretty quick...

The height situation here is such that few men are below 6'2, and very few women are even close to 6'....So there is a missmatch between heights on women and men. Sadly women around the world seem to grow even shorter

It has always been normal to me that men will get at least 6' when fully grown, some reach 7' and beyond which is basically too tall for their own good, especially when looking for women.
When i think of men at 5'8 etc I think of bald italian middle aged men with beer bellies or mid-teen boys and elderly hunched-down men...
But it seems to be common height in most countries... and even the statistics here say that mens average height have gone down below 6'(probably because of all the foreigners), which is hard to believe for me, as I find myself average at most in most places I go...

So with other words i wish the average Swedish woman could pick up 4-6 inches...meaning 6-8 inches for american women...

Old 08-08-2011, 12:06 AM

-----where is everybody?---

Old 08-09-2011, 11:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA.man View Post
-----where is everybody?---
Spending time with our tall wives or girlfriends.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 PM

---okay----whatever-----all I know is is that everyone was here and all of a sudden,everyone split and I didn't know if this thread was abandoned or what-----

Old 08-12-2011, 01:25 AM

627 posts, read 1,295,879 times
I'm 5'6" and I like tall women.

When I was a kid, a tall girl and I had crushes on each other. She was tall and slim and, well, never mind. I was such a dummy. We were both too shy to make the firsts move but we were always excited to when we saw each other. We talked about it years later when it was too late.

But yeah. Love a tall slim woman.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 PM

114 posts, read 214,360 times
Oh yeah, or at least I used to. Not so much anymore. I'm 5'9 and I once tried to get in a relationship with a gal that was 6'4 but she wasn't interested. Its hard to get in a relationship with a tall woman because a lot of them want to be with tall men.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 PM

---thanks for keeping this thread active-----(and I am sorry it did not go well for you Garfield----you too Sensei Han)

Old 08-15-2011, 02:24 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
I'm 6'2" and don't like tall women. If you're over 5'7", you better be perfect in every way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships