Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:28 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have to say, I don't open the door to people like this and I also don't HAVE to go anywhere with anyone I don't want to.
I simply refuse to sit down to dinner (for example) with someone who doesn't know how to behave.
I would suddenly develop some mysterious ailment and send the rest of the family off to dinner with the nutcase SIL and stay home on my own which would be preferable to dinner with her.

I thought of that, but, we have other invited guests that I enjoy speaking to so just not going is not an option. Maybe my SIL will need to sit far away from our table
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 12:36 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Two thoughts:

1) Keep your garden hose at the ready for when this harpy comes around.

2) Who the hell names their dog "Salt"?

Old 04-03-2010, 07:08 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times
You really need to stand up for yourself, because she will keep bullying you until you do. People only get to us, when we let them, and it is obvious that she gets to you. Stop letting her...who cares what she thinks? Do you need her approval or friendship? Of course not. Tell her to get over herself, and then refuse to engage.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
How old/young or young/old is your SIL because she sounds like she either has 1. Mentally Challegned or 2. She's a teenager?
She is sixty years old, but, maybe she is mentally challenged

Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
You really need to stand up for yourself, because she will keep bullying you until you do. People only get to us, when we let them, and it is obvious that she gets to you. Stop letting her...who cares what she thinks? Do you need her approval or friendship? Of course not. Tell her to get over herself, and then refuse to engage.
I think you are right. She does this to a lot of people and most of us are trying to have a nice time and let it slide, but, she keeps it up. Last time I went to her house with my dog she screamed at me to bring your fuc*** in. She has eight dogs and the "protocol for entering the house is always different and I never know what the daily protocol is. I feel bad for my husband because he doesn't really want to get in the middle of fighting females. I guess if you could call his sister a female It is rather hard to tell.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:28 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
When she is being quiet or well-behaved, make sure to tell her "good girl!" and give her a cookie.

Sorry you have to deal with a relative like that. She sounds absolutely delightful....

Old 04-03-2010, 08:31 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
LOL Don't take it anymore. Stand up for yourself!! Tell her to go F herself and that should do the trick. Once people realize they can't talk/walk all over you, it will stop. Keep us posted and Happy Easter!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Yet again my SIL came to MY house and reamed me out She has a new puppy and I called it Salty instead of Salt and so I was yelled at that she is teaching it to learn its name and use the correct name. Now she has corrected me on how to handle MY dog over and over and over and I just shut up and take it rather than start a family uproar. Well this time I didn't....and now I have to go to Easter Brunch with her Will the drama ever end with families
Tell her not to step in "Salty's" supprize!!LOL........

YouTube - Pokemon-I gotta poop

Old 04-03-2010, 08:59 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,995 times
How come her feelings are so much more important than anyone elses? Sounds like someone has given her all the power and it is time to take it back.

That is a lot of power she has to get so many people upset at family gatherings or to come to someones house and chew them out and why are you even bothering to go to her house if she is so mean to you when you get there? You can't change her but you sure can change YOU and how you react to her and allow her to treat you.

I have been where you are with a SIL and I put a stop to it fast!

Old 04-03-2010, 09:01 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
ROFLMAO!

Why would she name a puppy "Salt?" Do they have a second black dog named "Pepper?"

She sounds like someone who feels inadequate as a puppy parent.
I hope that the dog is a replacement for children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships