Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:39 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times

Advertisements

Well anyway Brunch was ok, but, tense. Thankfully another male friend joined us so SIL could be the big gigantic third wheel. The brunch was at what she calls a "sheeshi fuffu" place so she was since she was out of her element. It was actually rather great because this is the place that I'm in control and she looks like a lunatic. Yes it was a brunch, however, filling your plate with sixteen pounds of food per trip to is really not necessary at an elegant brunch with well dressed slender people Her huge green crocs and man shirt and rolled up dirty shirt and permed mullet looked super nice at the martini bar I know it isn't nice but it was nice to be in charge and see her way way out of her comfort zone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 10:31 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Yet again my SIL came to MY house and reamed me out She has a new puppy and I called it Salty instead of Salt and so I was yelled at that she is teaching it to learn its name and use the correct name. Now she has corrected me on how to handle MY dog over and over and over and I just shut up and take it rather than start a family uproar. Well this time I didn't....and now I have to go to Easter Brunch with her Will the drama ever end with families
She seems to have no problem starting a problem and I don't see how standing up for yourself would cause a "family" uproar. If it does, you need to start handing out pink slips. Family or not, nobody has the right to mistreat you. In fact, family should be the LAST to mistreat you. They'd be kicked to the curb quicker in my world.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 PM

437 posts, read 675,050 times
Quote:
Yet again my SIL came to MY house and reamed me out She has a new puppy and I called it Salty instead of Salt and so I was yelled at that she is teaching it to learn its name and use the correct name. Now she has corrected me on how to handle MY dog over and over and over and I just shut up and take it rather than start a family uproar. Well this time I didn't....and now I have to go to Easter Brunch with her Will the drama ever end with families
Ok, I want you to go to a skeleton in a doctor's office and look at it from the back. See that long column stretching up to the skull? That's a spine: now grow one.

If my SIL went off on me, ESPECIALLY in my own house, we'd have a come to Jesus moment VERY quickly. If it upsets my family, well I guess they aren't very good family since they weren't having my back when I was wronged.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:26 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
While I totally agree that I need to stand up for myself I am having a hard time believing that all of you just say whatever needs to be said anytime it needs to be said. Very easy to type what YOU would have done, but, in real life situations things are usually more complicated

Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
Quote:
I will let you know how it goes at brunch. One of our dear friends is going with us as well so that sort of takes the pressure off a bit with having somebody else with us. I do think I have allowed my SIL to be miss boss and for whatever reason she does this to many people. I'm not going to take it any more.

Oh just for a laugh I remembered the puppy is supposed to be called SALT OR SALT OF THE EARTH BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE NOT SALTY. Otherwise he won't know his name.
LMFAO

I call my dog Naughty Pee Pee Girl and she knows I'm talking to her.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:17 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:
While I totally agree that I need to stand up for myself I am having a hard time believing that all of you just say whatever needs to be said anytime it needs to be said. Very easy to type what YOU would have done, but, in real life situations things are usually more complicated
agreed. big picture: for family harmony, when dealing with your sil you can't really go wrong just ignoring a occasional rude comment. it's her problem. deal with it by subtly referring to the dog with every affectionate name you can think of save the real one

Old 04-06-2010, 10:45 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
That's just stupid. My dogs are called by several variations of their name and still respond. In fact, I sometimes use a totally different name and they react. Whenever they hear me screech "DAMMIT!" they all take off, knowing that one of them has done something bad.
So true. When I yell "DAMMIT!" they all look at each other first as to figure which one is dammit today before they flee but if I whisper "pig ear" they all come out of the woodwork. All my horses think their name is whoa dammit.

If someone threw a fit like that I would never call that dog by it's real name again.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If someone threw a fit like that I would never call that dog by it's real name again.
Oh, no doubt. That dog would be Salt Disney, Saltimbanco, Mr. Salty, Saltwater Taffy, Salt Lick, Saltpeter, Seasoned Salt ...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,430 times
pepper

Old 04-06-2010, 02:12 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
I'm glad that the brunch went okay and that you were able to have a civilized meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships