Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 PM

373 posts, read 643,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
At my age, 42, it is very hard to find a guy without kids. i cant rule them out as a result. However, my new.guy doesnt have any. I swear it is like I have hit the jackpot! So much better as we can be spontaneous.
Oh he may have them, but just has zero contact. I know of several men that state they have no kids, but their ex wife's would disagree completely...

I was a single mom to a three year old when I met my boyfriend. She is now 8. We have a two year old together. I am thankful that he fell in love with both my daughter and I. She considers him her dad. Her bio dad is out dating, telling people he has no kids. What he means is he has no kids he claims, nor supports.

With that said, I refuse to date men with kids. I do so because I know me. The guy I dated prior to my boyfriend had an autistic child. I could not stand the child and made the decision to never put myself in a situation where I hate another child. It was not fair to the child. I love my own kids. I have zero patience for any one else's kids.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
What would I have in common with a 47 year old??
About as much as a 25 year old would have in common with you. See how that works?

Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I am not biologically related to my father - my parents used a sperm donor. I never knew the difference. Go ahead and tell my dad he raised another man's kid. I dare you.

I was adopted, and I STILL prefer not to date people with kids, if I can. Its not so much the 'raising of another woman's kid" for me. (Im a woman). Its dealing with the bullsh*t that comes with it. People get pissed if you say, hey, it aint my kid. But, i guarantee you at some point the kid will have no problem telling you that you "arent his mother or father, so dont tell him what to do", etc...etc

You probably wont be able to discipline, or have much say in what goes on with the kid, even if the kid is a holy terror, (or if older or grown), they are a bunch of lazy losers who do nothing but mooch off their parent. You, as the outsider, cant say anything without getting told your place. AND..you have to deal with baby mama..or baby daddy drama. Just extra issues to deal with when there are kids, older or younger.

Like I said, Im adopted, and would have no problem raising a child that was not biologically mine, as my own parents did. HOWEVER, If I were going to raise someone elses kid(and I was married) Id rather just adopt a child rather than become a part of a ready made family. Too many headaches when you are the 'outsider'. If I could, I would never date anyone with kids. But, as you get older, that gets harder to do because everybody has them it seems. So, if you want to date, you just have to accept it and hope its a good situation. My ex had a son, but he was grown and hardly around, and when he was, he and I got along fine, and still do now even though his dad and I are apart. That was an ideal situation if you are gonna date someone with kids. Grown kid, out of the house, who could care less about who his parent dates and has his own life and doesnt meddle.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post
Oh he may have them, but just has zero contact. I know of several men that state they have no kids, but their ex wife's would disagree completely...

I was a single mom to a three year old when I met my boyfriend. She is now 8. We have a two year old together. I am thankful that he fell in love with both my daughter and I. She considers him her dad. Her bio dad is out dating, telling people he has no kids. What he means is he has no kids he claims, nor supports.

With that said, I refuse to date men with kids. I do so because I know me. The guy I dated prior to my boyfriend had an autistic child. I could not stand the child and made the decision to never put myself in a situation where I hate another child. It was not fair to the child. I love my own kids. I have zero patience for any one else's kids.
You sound just like the op.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 PM

601 posts, read 758,684 times
MEN IN CALIFORNIA AND WASHINGTON HAVE NO BUSINESS DATING SINGLE MOTHERS

Unless you dont mind being set up for child support for children that arent yours. its not law. its how law is practiced in court rooms. if a guy acts in the capacity of a father role for extended time, he can be taken to the cleaners.

too risky!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:09 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:

Probably the most selfish post I've read in a long time. At least some of us guys don't like any kids, sometimes not even the thought of having our own. Then you wonder why there are misogynistic attitudes on this sub-forum. Can you spell e-n-t-i-t-l-e-m-e-n-t ?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:18 PM

601 posts, read 758,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Probably the most selfish post I've read in a long time. At least some of us guys don't like any kids, sometimes not even the thought of having our own. Then you wonder why there are misogynistic attitudes on this sub-forum. Can you spell e-n-t-i-t-l-e-m-e-n-t ?
how can she love what she cant give? She feels very entitled.

I can understand and respect someone who doesnt have children feeling this way. but how does she feel so entitled that someone puts up with her kids bull****. im sure he feels it and probably just keeps it to himself. poor guy

Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,519 times
Quote:

And someone else may feel the same about yours. Tell me, what makes your kids so fantastic and wonderful, other than the fact that they are yours?

Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
I don't know guys. It seems to me that if you like/love someone enough ~ you can get past the fact that they are a single or divorced parent.

I dated a guy that had sole custody of his son (this was years ago). Yes, it was hard at times because I didn't understand all the time that parenting would take. However, it wasn't enough to make me walk away. We had some great times - both with and without his son.

Then again, I enjoy children and did even before I had my own.

NOW, I did date a divorced dad that had six children and I had one of my own. I remember him asking me how I would feel about taking care of 7 children and I dropped him like a hot potato. THAT, I couldn't see myself doing.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 AM

308 posts, read 896,688 times
single women with children make excellent sex partners -- they do the drill like its their last freaking time . not sure I would want to get married to a woman with baggage though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.