Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 AM

805 posts, read 1,509,991 times

Advertisements

I'm single and have been enjoying it, to my surprise.

What about you?

Do you feel like an oddball in this culture that celebrates Valentine's Day and gives tax breaks to couples?

Are you putting up with being single until you're in a relationship?

Do you feel lonely and long for companionship?

What is the likelihood you'll be in a relationship or be married?

Are you the envy of your married friends?

What do you hate about being single?

What do you love about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 12:03 PM

956 posts, read 1,767,451 times
I'm married but think they must be happy about it or if not, are trying for a relationship.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:14 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
I'm not going to lie, sometimes I do get lonely. But, I have so many things in life that I am trying to accomplish right now, being single is probably the best option. I have never enjoyed my alone time as much as I have now. I like having my own schedule, working out when I want to, going to a movie when I want to, I go out to dinner when I want to and not having to check in with anyone else.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Honestly? I really don't mind. I don't think about it too much actually. If it's going to happen, it will happen, and I don't have to do anything but wait.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:22 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Good for you. Being single has certain advantages.

Quote:
What about you?
I am married, but marriage is not a religion to me.

Quote:
Do you feel like an oddball in this culture that celebrates Valentine's Day and gives tax breaks to couples?
Hmm, have you ever heard of the marriage penalty? Your ability to enjoy tax breaks depends more on your bracket than on your relationship status, anyway. As for Valentine's Day -- who cares? It's just one day.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:30 PM

367 posts, read 1,074,134 times
Quote:

Occasionally, but not to the point where it troubles me.

Nah. Working on accomplishing my own dreams.

Sometimes, yes.

High - I hope

Don't think so.

Noone special to share extraordinary experiences with.

That I don't have to think twice about how my every action would affect someone else - if I want to do something, I can do it. And I will.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Everybody's alone. It's just easier to take in a relationship. -- Richard Fish.

Some days it bothers me, but most days it doesn't. I would rather be single than end up with the wrong person. What I don't believe in doing, however, is badmouthing marriage and married people in order to make singleness sound better. I think the fact that some single people feel the need to do this says a lot more about them and their true feelings about being single.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,710 times
I frigging LOVE being single... I am seeing a few people, but for valentines day etc, I have parties for all the other single people and it is a BLAST, because no one is getting nagged at to go home early, or to stop flirting with each other etc..... it rocks!!!

There is one person though, if he is who I think he is, it would absolutly rock to be married to him, funnest guy ever.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:17 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
my main goals in my life now are personal and professional. anything else can go to ****.

i have no energy for dating now. so i don't miss being single, nor do I miss being in a relationship. I think it's best not to ever feel envy, since IMO it's a sign of poor emotional handling.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:18 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times

What about you?

I've enjoyed it--well, enjoy might be too strong a word--how about preferred it for the past 14 years.

No, I didn't do valentines day when I wasn't single--again, preference--so I don't miss it now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships