Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:43 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times

Advertisements

I have to say I agree...

If you can't do it in front of your partner then you have NO business doing it when your partner is not around.

My Father was a minister and he always used to say that we should avoid even the appearance of evil...I agree with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 08:58 PM

48 posts, read 192,372 times
Default zero tolerance?

When I was younger and dating I would never tolerate a cheater. I really never attracted that type. We attract I believe what we are willing to accept...something like that. Anyhow, there was only one guy I ever knew that cheated on me while I was on a vacation. I broke up with him immediately! I didn't have to think twice about that, not for a second. That was the only situation I was ever in and always said I would NEVER tolerate a cheater.

Then I got married and he cheated. SHOCKED!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I must say, it felt very different now that I was a wife. I tried to exhuast every avenue before I ended the marriage. He didn't cheat again. It just changed things. To this day he is happily married to another woman for 8 years and there are no rumors at all of him cheating. Two kids....

One never knows what motivates people to do such a thing. Some I believe are chronic...but I never expected that from him and I don't know that he has done it again.

It really is a painful thing. I am sorry for any that have experiended it. My divorce was one of the most painful experiences of my life. I do however hold no ill feelings towards him. I loved him very much at one point. Hating him only makes me feel worse. I simply removed him from my life after a lot of hurt and pain and NOW hold no anger towards him (I sure did before). That worked for me.

I still believe we attract a certain type. I have never again been with a guy that was a cheater. I do think it was a freak thing with my ex, but it changed everything for me. He had to go....

Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
No, it's not that I need closure on it. I already have had that, and even if I didn't, I could care less about getting closure. And I wasn't looking for a therapy session here, but thank you anyway for your input. I posted this because I was curious as to what others thought about the subject. I don't think it is correct to say that if it still stings a bit, that I'm not over it. In fact, I think kicking her to the curb was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself in terms of relationships with the opposite sex, and it has a great effect on me because it increased my self respect and self esteem... and I learned how to catch the signs of an unfaithful partner much quicker. And it helped me figure out what I want in a woman and in a relationship with one.

I think cheating consitutes anything you would not do in front of your partner.

I'm not trying to diagnose your case, but as I read your story I could feel the pain that was inflicted to you. To me closure means coming to peace with it, not accepting it. I don't think peace stings...that's all.

Sorry if I offended you.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:32 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I'm not trying to diagnose your case, but as I read your story I could feel the pain that was inflicted to you. To me closure means coming to peace with it, not accepting it. I don't think peace stings...that's all.

Sorry if I offended you.
No offense taken. We'll have to agree to disagree on your last statement. I've made my peace with it, even if it stings a LITTLE (it was a lot more painful back then), and I take pride in what I've done and I'd do the same thing again if it happened once more.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
No offense taken. We'll have to agree to disagree on your last statement. I've made my peace with it, even if it stings a LITTLE (it was a lot more painful back then), and I take pride in what I've done and I'd do the same thing again if it happened once more.
Glad to hear. I want to clarify that I wasn't challenging your decision. I hope that you can find someone who will treat you with love and respect. Take care.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:45 AM

356 posts, read 1,179,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
But I don't hate women! And I sure as heck would not cheat on one. I've been cheated on. I would not wish that on anybody, or allow myself to be that much of a lowlife.
Did not say you did. It is an enlightened view of relationships, and answeres alot of the questions asked here. Reading for knowledge will not hurt anyone.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,619 times
Default Hmm...

Sounds like what happened to my friend John.

FateCheatedJohn.com

for the full story

Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM

122 posts, read 347,185 times
Well, I must say I am encouraged by much of what people have written in this thread.

I am also zero-tolerance. I'm a middle-aged, divorced male. I have never cheated, and I honestly believe my former wife did not cheat either. We trusted each other, were honest with each other, and faithful, and loyal. And had three wonderful children. The marriage failed for other reasons, and the divorce was amicable. We continue to respect each other though we no longer socialize except for children's graduations and things like that.

That said, << IF >> I were with someone who I discovered ( not merely suspected ) was cheating, I wouldn't stop loving her ( for me love is not something that comes and goes ), and I would forgive her, but I would NOT be with her any more. The marriage-partnership-relationship-friendship-affection would be over.

Moreover, it does not matter why. I agree with floridadreamer, there is NO excuse for infidelity.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,811 times
Well, I am with the people of zero-tolerance. I dated this one guy who wanted to multi-date (date more than one person at a time) and I said no, and immediately stopped seeing him.

I don't believe there is a valid reason or not to cheat. Both the hubby and I are firm believers re zero tolerance (he was cheated on in his first marriage).

Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
adultry is running 50% now. due to no fault divorce law it is no longer a penalty activity. most folks wont behave unless somebody is standing over them. i wish i could say it was a shameful thing that just men do, but its not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships