Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do pets listen better than SO's/Husbands?
Yes - Animals are better at listening and obeying. 12 44.44%
No - Animals aren't any better. 6 22.22%
Other 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:30 AM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry dear, did you say something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the certain kiss to death to any marriage---- listen to everything she says and immediately act upon it.
women dont always mean everything they say or want you to "do something" about it. many reasons why they brought it up other than action.
sometimes they just like to vent.
and at times do regret stuff they say when upset.
the hard part for the guy is knowing when she is just venting and when you do in fact need to take action.

You are a very wise man. I think that can be said for women listening to men as well. It's give and take.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Wow. I thought this was thread was suspose to be light hearted and fun. Some of your guys really have a chip on your shoulder.

My dog listens and "obeys" when I yell, "get off the damn couch!". My bf, not so much. Same with "sit" ,"stay", "quit chasing the cat" and "get your dirty paws off of me".

Old 04-29-2010, 08:05 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wow. I thought this was thread was suspose to be light hearted and fun. Some of your guys really have a chip on your shoulder.

My dog listens and "obeys" when I yell, "get off the damn couch!". My bf, not so much. Same with "sit" ,"stay", "quit chasing the cat" and "get your dirty paws off of me".
It is funny.

Anyway!

How can you prove that a dog is truly a man's best friend?

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

That is a joke in case anyone is in question. It is never, ever a good idea to leave a dog in the trunk. Or a spouse either.

Last edited by SD4020; 04-29-2010 at 08:20 AM..

Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is funny.

Anyway!

How can you prove that a dog is truly a man's best friend?

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

That is a joke in case anyone is in question. It is never, ever a good idea to leave a dog in the trunk. Or a spouse either.
Thanks. I was trying to think of that joke!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:59 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Default My pets can do you all one better ...

... they're good at getting my husband to obey them!

They are a band of total con artists and weasel extra food out of him and if he gives them "occasional" special treats ... they decide to demand such treats at a certain time added to their daily schedule of feedings and pamperings.

He's such a softie with them!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:26 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
A recent poll of married women says that in 1/3 of married couples "pets listen more than husbands". How much truth to this survey do you think there is?
I laughed when I heard this on Bob & Tom. Does not disagreeing or responding or understanding qualify as being a better listener?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:31 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
SOs listen better than pets, but pets listen better than husbands.

That's why I doubt I'll ever get married again.

All in good fun.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:40 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Ladies and Gentlemen, I hate to break the news to you but pets are unable to understand any human language. It's true that parrots can mimic human speech but they don't have a clue what it means because their brains are the size of peanuts. So in other words even though your pet may appear to be paying attention to your ranting they're probably just thinking about food or that cute little pet down the street. Sorry!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, I hate to break the news to you but pets are unable to understand any human language. It's true that parrots can mimic human speech but they don't have a clue what it means because their brains are the size of peanuts. So in other words even though your pet may appear to be paying attention to your ranting they're probably just thinking about food or that cute little pet down the street. Sorry!
Your post reminds me of this cartoon:

HOWEVER, animals may not understand sentences and the context of language, but they can definitely understand words ... my pets can and do associate words correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships