Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtohouston2 View Post
seems like there are so many posts about american women being terrible significant others and that women from so many other cultures are so much better. the thing is, the women in the other cultures are products of THEIR cultures and THEIR men. so if you're an american guy and you're interested in, say, an asian woman, you should realize that her behavior has been influenced by the asian men in her life (and probably the positive behavior you see in her was also shown to her by men of her culture).
That may be true in other places but here, males who exhibit "positive" attributes are shunned by females and attacked by other males.

This is especially true in school and doesn't fade out until people are nearly into their forties. By then, the damage to society has been done and women find new things to complain about. It is always the "fault of men" no matter what their age.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:57 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This cliche' about American women being the antithesis of their "more beautiful, sexier, more caring, more family-oriented, more subservient" foreign sisters is so ridiculous.

When will American men learn to take a good long hard look in the mirror before they start throwing out the "Blame Game" and bashing American women.

These men are unrealistic in thinking that they "deserve" a smokin' hot supermodel wife who wears bustiers and stilettos in the kitchen while making him a hoagie and serving him beer. Yet these same men haven't put in the effort to make themselves such a great catch - they aren't the most loving, supportive, understanding, generous, fidelitous, financially stable or attractive men that they could possibly be.

Whenever I see threads such as these I wonder why so many American guys, whom many would regard as slackers, slobs and/or losers, seriously believe that they "deserve" to have a supermodel wife while they are living a beer and pork rinds lifestyle.
The OP does have a point in some aspects regardless of whether you or anyone wants to believe it or not. Let's talk about women who rattle of a laundry list and then some of standards for prospective men to have but at the same time, these same women forget to ask themselves what they can bring to the table. There's nothing wrong with a woman wanting an attractive man but what you require of someone else, you better have it yourself. How you gonna expect a man to be respectful and healthy when YOU aren't any of that yourself? That's stupid. Let's not talk about women who constantly complain about not being able to find a good man. Maybe the reason why you can't find a good man is YOU. It's not the man, it's you. So stop putting it all on the man and take a long, hard look at yourself.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:58 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,685,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Equal to men until you go to divorce court, then you don't want to be equal any long, you want to be viewed as the poor down trodden wife that can't support herself. Please bear in mind, I'm not say this of all women, but a few have that idea in mind. The courts in country are still biased. My wife sees that and agrees with me because of the way her son is treated in an ongoing situation. One other thing I would like to mention, in some cultures the wife runs the household and the husband. I have a friend that is married to a Philippino woman, I pity him.
The courts in this country are biased in favor of married people who have no career, no education, and no marketable skills, AND whose spouses are far superior to them in terms of income and earning potential. Such people are overwhelmingly women. A woman with a six-figure salary will have a very tough time in court, arguing that she is a "poor down trodden wife that can't support herself". But for a career housewife, the chances are a lot better. This doesn't mean it's right. After all, we live in a society where women enjoy educational and employment opportunities on par with men, and thus the helplessness of some of our number is the result of a choice rather than societal pressure. But, I guess as far as legislatures are concerned, it's better for the ex-husband to foot the bill than the taxpayers.

In any event, men who deliberately seek out a "traditional" wife -- one who stays at home cooking and cleaning -- knowingly undertake the risk of paying gargantuan alimony when it's all over; since, duh, a "traditional" wife will be one who won't be able to support herself should the marriage end. It is curious to me then, that some of the men who got burned in this matter once already, still hanker after a "traditional" wife, except this time from abroad (as if a foreigner can't figure out how things work after she's been here a while). They still denigrate "career women" and scoff at wives who pursue high incomes and professional accomplishments, not reflecting on the irony of the situation -- that they married a "proper" woman once already, and it got them into a mess, and now they want to do it again. The truth is, if a man wants to avoid the danger of having to pay alimony, he should marry a woman who is clearly self-supporting and ambitious. Chances are good that if there is a divorce, she'll end up paying him alimony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
From what is see about South American woman is that they put Family before work, They have beauty issues (need to be perfect even after they marry), More traditional values (more feminine don't mind letting the man lead as long as they have a say), Love to cook, are less materialistic, value marriage and treat men better.
And what about you guys? How many of you look "perfect" after you marry? Does your uncle look perfect, Chris? Do you not grow beer guts and lose your hair? Do you not get wrinkles and hair in your ears? How would men in their 40's and 50's feel if they were expected to lose 50 lbs, get hair transplants and display flawless skin? AND make all that look effortless too? (Since, while women are expected to turn themselves inside out to look 23 when they are double that age, they are also ridiculed or criticized if any effort is apparent.) How many of you put family before work and play? How many of you love doing chores? How many of you never spend money on ridiculous gadgets and toys with little or no practical value? I think before you criticize women for being demanding, you should think about what you are bringing to the table.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
I know some women (all countries) put their careers prior to their Family but the fact is that they want both and that they drag men into their career dreams and ambitions. If you had to chose your career over your children would you abandon your high status job for the sake of your family. It takes many years to achieve a top position in a good company. Biology doesn't wait until your career is at its peak - the more you wait for women the less fertile you become. Some are lucky to achieve both. I seems to me american women Prefer a Career and later complain about being single.
Are you (general you) going to choose your family over sitting on that fat arse all day? Some will choose the former, some the latter. Some can manage to survive (that is what we're doing after all, virtual grand standing aside) and some are too intellectually stunted and emotionally broken.

Be clear, charging an entire nation of women with the irrelevance that constitutes your (general your) experiences (irrelevant to anyone but you) is indicative of a simpleton. And simpletons don't have the wherewithal to know the difference between a good, responsible, mature partner and the toon characters that comprise their rantings online.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:08 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
I know some women (all countries) put their careers prior to their Family but the fact is that they want both and that they drag men into their career dreams and ambitions. If you had to chose your career over your children would you abandon your high status job for the sake of your family. It takes many years to achieve a top position in a good company. Biology doesn't wait until your career is at its peak - the more you wait for women the less fertile you become. Some are lucky to achieve both. I seems to me american women Prefer a Career and later complain about being single.
I don't know where you have been lately but America is expensive. In most marriages it takes TWO wage earners to maintain a household so the "putting careers prior to family" argument doesn't hold water. Women are getting out there busting their arse right along with the men just to be part of the elite "middle-class" so many other countries seem to covet.

You can't have it both ways....some men will be resentful of SAHM and some will be resentful of women that have careers. So you tell me....what's your solution?

Old 05-09-2010, 01:33 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Default Just an observation...

I suspect that nine times out of ten, threads like this are started and continued by North American men who can't get dates with North American women or sustain a relationship with one.

Better yet, coming to a message board where the vast majority of readers are North American, and then complaining about North American women, strikes me as clueless at best, passive-aggressive at worst. It's disingenuous.

Likewise, it's amusing to me that the women from cultures where misogyny, sexism, and objectification run rampant--South American, Asian, Russian--are usually the ones held in high regard by the men who complain about North American women. Barring the occasional fantasy about a Swedish bikini team, rarely do these North American men sing the praises of women from progressive areas of the world where women are highly educated, financially independent, in control of their reproductive fate, and empowered.

So really, I see this not as a local vs. foreign thing, but a matter of a certain kind of man hoping that women from certain cultures will live up to their stereotypes of being exotic, "passionate" (translated: "horny and always ready to go") yet subservient.

But hey, the countries that make up North America are free. If you don't like the women here, by all means go find one somewhere else. We homegrown poundcake girls will continue to cook with that old-time, long-lost recipe for men who appreciate us.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:37 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
I don't know about other men but I want a combo woman-a lady that has Stepford wife qualities and has something going for herself. I dig a woman that has dreams and ambition and can take care of herself.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I don't know about other men but I want a combo woman-a lady that has Stepford wife qualities and has something going for herself. I dig a woman that has dreams and ambition and can take care of herself.
So, half robot that will do your bidding when you want, but also has ambition and dreams lol. Yep, that's a toon.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Are you (general you) going to choose your family over sitting on that fat arse all day? Some will choose the former, some the latter. Some can manage to survive (that is what we're doing after all, virtual grand standing aside) and some are too intellectually stunted and emotionally broken.

Be clear, charging an entire nation of women with the irrelevance that constitutes your (general your) experiences (irrelevant to anyone but you) is indicative of a simpleton. And simpletons don't have the wherewithal to know the difference between a good, responsible, mature partner and the toon characters that comprise their rantings online.
Next we'll be hearing, "Blast it, woman, give me a son!"

Old 05-09-2010, 01:54 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I don't know where you have been lately but America is expensive. In most marriages it takes TWO wage earners to maintain a household so the "putting careers prior to family" argument doesn't hold water.
Yea that's true... F%%G banksters who did away with currency backed by gold which kept inflation in check. This is why it takes 4 bucks to buy a loaf of bread, 20K to buy a new car, and 300K+ to buy a home!!

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wBg#ps-sellers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships