Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 03:18 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,362,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LortiQU View Post
I am a male to female transsexual. First of all, there is a difference between sexual identity and gender indentity. Sexual identity is who you are attracted to. Gender identity is about what gender you identify with. Ok, like me, like I said, I am a m-f transsexual and am attracted to females. I consider myself to be lesbian. Sex is between the legs and gender is between the ears. A lot of people don't understand that transsexuality has nothing to do with sex other than when they have the operation their male sex organ is transformed into a female organ. Most gay men don't dress as females. Most men want to attract other men so they are not going to dress as a female. In my experience, the only gay men I have see dress as females were drag queens that only dress that way for a drag show and that's it. I have also seen female impersonators that are straight. Drag and female impersonators are different. Drag queens over emphasize women's characterizations. Like they may over emphasize their makeup or their gestures. Female impersonators go on stage to impersonate women that look like women. Like maybe they want to impersonate Cher. So, they dress to look as close as they can to Cher. Now a drag queen that wants to do a show that looks like cher will over emphasize that image. Almost like a caricature. But getting back to the original topic, being gay and being transsexual are two completely different things. Transsexuals feel inside like any other woman. They identify with women the same way a straight woman identifies with other women. It has nothing to do with who they are attracted to. Some transsexuals are gay meaning they are attracted to women. Some transsexuals are straight meaning they are attracted to men. I know you said you are a straight man but that has nothing to do with transsexuals. You know when you first see someone you know if you are attracted to that person or not. What would happen if you saw a beautiful woman and were attracted to her? At that moment you really don't know if she is transsexual or not. What if you dated her a few times and didn't have sex yet and you fell in love with her? Then you find out she is a transsexual. Would you be able to stop loving her? Some men do date and marry transsexuals. They love the person no matter if she was born with mae parts or not because you can't always turn off your feelings.
Absolute nonsense. Of course you can, especially when you realize that the one you have developed intimate feelings for is a MAN! Straight meanss Natural born Man and Woman. When you alter any part of the body based on some pyschological whatever, you become or fall into another category...simple as that.

Straight men (speaking for myself) are interested in natural born women. PERIOD!!!!

Old 03-13-2014, 03:23 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,362,152 times
Quote:
Again, Homosexuality and transsexuality are two completely separate things. Gay men don't dress as females to attract other men. Transsexuals that were born with male genetalia identify with women. Sex is between your legs and gender is between your ears. Just say a straight man had an accident or something and he had to have his penis amputated. Is he now a woman? No. He still identifies as a man. So even without his genitals, he is still a man. That's why I said that gender and sex are two different things.
No he doesnt become a woman because he lost his penis in an accident however if his sexual preference changes as a result of the accident (i.e. he is now attracted to men) then he can no longer be considered a straight man because he now wants to be with other men. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

No matter the circumstance:
A man thats strictly sexually attracted to women = straight
A man thats sexually attracted to transsexuals/other men/both men and women =/= straight

Simple

Old 03-13-2014, 03:39 PM

89 posts, read 146,768 times
Uh huh. Well, a male to female transsexual is not a "MAN!" She is a woman. Let me ask you something. You say you are a straight man right? If you were in some kind of accident and you had to have your penis amputated would you still feel you were a man? I assume you would say yes. So, genitals have nothing to do with gender. Genitals have to do with sex.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:02 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,028,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
No he doesnt become a woman because he lost his penis in an accident however if his sexual preference changes as a result of the accident (i.e. he is now attracted to men) then he can no longer be considered a straight man because he now wants to be with other men. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

A man thats sexually attracted to transsexuals/other men/both men and women =/= straight

Simple
No it's not simple. And your views on gender and sexuality are extremely narrow minded. Not even worth arguing with you beyond that.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
No it's not simple. And your views on gender and sexuality are extremely narrow minded. Not even worth arguing with you beyond that.
I so agree with you! Thank-you!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post

Simple
It's not difficult to understand. That's what I said. I really don't know why a staright man that lost his penis somehow would change his sexual preference.

A man that is sexually attracted to a male to female transsexual = straight

A man that is attracted to a female to male transsexual = gay

Old 03-13-2014, 04:11 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,802,714 times
Quote:
I so agree with you! Thank-you!
Yes, I agree with Amy on this as well.

In my honest opinion, it depends on what one considers to be more important--the brain/mind or the rest of the body. Most people would probably say the mind (as in, if one has a female brain, then one is a female, and vice versa), and I myself have no problem with this.

In my own case, I focus on both of these things, but once again, I have no problem referring to someone else based on the gender of his or her preference.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
I can understand a straight guy dating a post op MtF. The basic sex act would be the same. It is a mental issue.

The same cannot be said for a trans man in bed with a woman.
I'm not sure what you are saying. You said if a straight guy is dating a post-op mtf you can understand. I'm assuming you are looking at that relationship as a straight relationship right?

If a mtf transsexual is dating a biological woman then they are in a lesbian relationship.

If ftm transsexual is dating a biological woman that would be a straight relationship.

If a ftm transsexual is dating a biological man they are in a gay relationship.

So if you agree with what I said what's the problem?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:14 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,802,714 times
Quote:
A man that is sexually attracted to a male to female transsexual = straight

A man that is attracted to a female to male transsexual = gay
I think that this is a little more complicated than this as well and might be open to some interpretation. For instance, if a male is attracted to a FtM transsexual is attracted to this individual due to the fact that this individual still has some feminine facial/et cetera features, does this still make this individual gay or bi? IMHO, not necessarily.

Do you see where I am going with this?

(I am genuinely not trying to cause offense here--I simply think that gender and sexuality aren't that clear-cut, though in different ways.)

Old 03-13-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Yes, I agree with Amy on this as well.

In my honest opinion, it depends on what one considers to be more important--the brain/mind or the rest of the body. Most people would probably say the mind (as in, if one has a female brain, then one is a female, and vice versa), and I myself have no problem with this.

In my own case, I focus on both of these things, but once again, I have no problem referring to someone else based on the gender of his or her preference.
I disagree that most people would say the mind with a pre-op transsexual. I say that because picture a straight man for the first time exploring under the sheets and finds a penis most straight men would run. But maybe you were talking about post-op transsexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships