Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

I think we often project our feelings and motivations on other people, because it's really how we view the world (and it's easy to forget it's not how everyone else does).

Since most guys usually only go out their way to be nice and attentive to women they'd want to have sex with, it makes sense from their perspective that any woman who reciprocated would be thinking the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think we often project our feelings and motivations on other people, because it's really how we view the world (and it's easy to forget it's not how everyone else does).

Since most guys usually only go out their way to be nice and attentive to women they'd want to have sex with, it makes sense from their perspective that any woman who reciprocated would be thinking the same thing.

So men, is that true?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
Hmmm, could it be that the men who take simple courtesy as a "Take me, I'm easy" signal are also the ones that hit on anything still breathing and are usually shot down with little hesitation and no compassion? To them a smile is a breakthrough and a warm verbal greeting is a sign from God. The difference is so dramatic from their usual experience it is small wonder they see it as the green light to the bedroom.

I have never been programmed this way due to my lack of confidence during my school years. There were a great many, I have been told, girls that were quite interested in me that I did not recognize their signals. I convinced myself they were just being nice as in "Friend" and I did not want to risk messing that up with an attempt to become more. I took so few opportunities and normally only those I was sure were really ready for more than a friendship. I have had only one girl ever turn me down for a date, and she was the only time I took a chance on someone I wasn't sure of.

I was frankly shocked when my sister and wife told me about how many girls/women would have dropped drawer for me in High School/College. After hearing them, I am glad Axe wasn't available then or I would be severely crippled now.

My daughter and wife to this day laugh about the women who they say are trying to get my attention and I am totally oblivious to them. These women apparently are sending non verbal signals obvious to other women, but invisible to me.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:22 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
So men, is that true?
Don't know about other men .. im never judgemental in such issues anyway .. its really difficult to say what one is thinking .. we often judge a person by the way he/she looks ..as in personality .. unfortunately i've learnt a valuable lesson from my past relationships .. some girls really don't know what true love is ..loving and liking are 2 different words with different meanings i assume.. so why cross your mind !

Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
So men, is that true?
Uh, how many men do you know have throngs of female friends they just like to hang out with (outside of work)?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
So men, is that true?
Yes of course it is. I wish this guy wouldn't have blown our cover.

Take me for example. I only rep you so that if I'm ever in Long Island I have a nice lady on hand. Well, I'll be in Martha's Vineyard in September...so it paid off. I was hoping to have a primal romp; full of stink and sweat, armpit hair and tears, and bitterness and disappointment. Thanks to this guy, all that is ruined.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Look at the post above about the woman's husband's co-worker. She was simply being nice, trying to help him get his family relocated and settled and the next day he runs to work telling everyone who would listen that she "wanted" him and made disgusting sexual comments about her. Did he REALLY think she was interested in him?? Or that she wanted to have sex with him??? What a disgusting piece of crap.
Well of course I think that guy was a creep. But he represents only a tiny fraction of men out there MOST guys don't assume friendliness or helpfulness equals sexual interest. But MOST guys do find a woman attractive if she is nice and friendly and helpful. So be forewarned...if you're nice, you might get asked out

Quote:
So men, is that true?
Of course not! Take me for example. I have zero interest in hooking up with a married woman, but I'm friends with lots of married women. I make friends with them because for the most part they don't have their b**** shield up the way single women do.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:04 AM

404 posts, read 701,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
The problem is men who think they're so freaking irresistable that every woman wants to fall on her back and let him have his way with her.
Well, isn't that what many people advice in this forum? To be more confident? So, when a man is confident in himself you don't like it either? It's sure difficult to live up to women standards...

Old 05-23-2010, 09:06 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Yes of course it is. I wish this guy wouldn't have blown our cover.

Take me for example. I only rep you so that if I'm ever in Long Island I have a nice lady on hand. Well, I'll be in Martha's Vineyard in September...so it paid off. I was hoping to have a primal romp; full of stink and sweat, armpit hair and tears, and bitterness and disappointment. Thanks to this guy, all that is ruined.
I knew you had ulterior motives!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:07 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Well, isn't that what many people advice in this forum? To be more confident? So, when a man is confident in himself you don't like it either? It's sure difficult to live up to women standards...
You seriously can't see the difference between confidence and disgusting arrogance?

I honestly don't know how to describe confidence. But saying something like "well if that woman doesn't like me she must be a lesbian" is arrogance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships