Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 08:05 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The premise of the OP is based on silliness and light years from intellectual or emotional maturity. An intellectually mature person employs critical thinking and this thread highlights the compromise a submissive makes, which I guess is thinking at this point. To state the obvious, a submissive wants somebody to think for her/him, so it's no big surprise that the obvious is missed/overlooked.
That's YOUR opinion. Not everyone formed the same conclusion from the OP that you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You left out the part about wrapping yourself in cellophane while naked, putting a red bow on your head, and greeting your husband at the door when you get home.
No trenchcoat? Her game is slipping.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
That's YOUR opinion. Not everyone formed the same conclusion from the OP that you did.
Nobody bothered to investigate, certainly not the proponents of submissiveness and it only took two seconds. What's the point of having an uninformed opinion? That goes back to the intellectual laziness noted on the first or second page. Isn't it about laziness? If not, explain further. As a submissive you want to obey. I can understand the sexual kink, but for day-to-day living? It's a person that really doesn't want to grow up. That's understandable as well, and I'm sure many manage not to take on the responsibilities of being a grown up, but at the same time I have to wonder if it's often sustainable.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
I think submission is an act of faith...and love. It take a strong (SMART!) woman to shut her mouth for a minute, stick her ego in the back pocket of her jeans and let her man do what he was born to do: lead, and allow him to use his abilities and strength to make life better for them both. Submissive is not passive, though. The relationship and the man has need of her gifts and talents. Her sense of nurturance, the benefit of her own wisdom and experiences come to mind. A wise man welcomes them when they are shared with him. The woman can use them to help the man advance his status in the world. When a couple has it going on like this they are unbreakable and unstoppable.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I think submission is an act of faith...and love. It take a strong (SMART!) woman to shut her mouth for a minute, stick her ego in the back pocket of her jeans and let her man do what he was born to do: lead, and allow him to use his abilities and strength to make life better for them both.
This reminds me of Redisca's repsonse, which would be fitting for your post. So, the only two options are submissive or offering complete sh*t in a relationship? I don't doubt that you have those experiences with women, but imo the people we have in our lives says much about who we are.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Nobody bothered to investigate, certainly not the proponents of submissiveness and it only took two seconds. What's the point of having an uninformed opinion? That goes back to the intellectual laziness noted on the first or second page. Isn't it about laziness? If not, explain further. As a submissive you want to obey. I can understand the sexual kink, but for day-to-day living? It's a person that really doesn't want to grow up. That's understandable as well, and I'm sure many manage not to take on the responsibilities of being a grown up, but at the same time I have to wonder if it's often sustainable.
There's no right or wrong its all subjective which is obvious with the different interpretations of submissive that's being expressed in this thread. You've stated your opinion on the issue and there's a couple posts that explains their stance on the issue so maybe you should question those posts for better understanding.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I think submission is an act of faith...and love. It take a strong (SMART!) woman to shut her mouth for a minute, stick her ego in the back pocket of her jeans and let her man do what he was born to do: lead, and allow him to use his abilities and strength to make life better for them both. Submissive is not passive, though. The relationship and the man has need of her gifts and talents. Her sense of nurturance, the benefit of her own wisdom and experiences come to mind. A wise man welcomes them when they are shared with him. The woman can use them to help the man advance his status in the world. When a couple has it going on like this they are unbreakable and unstoppable.
Totally agree!

Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
1. You must be a strong woman with a clear concept of what you want out of life.

2. Trusting and obeying your man should be a sign of pride.

3. He must be everything to you, and you to him; you should make him happy, his happiness is yours; he is defined intimately and emotionally by you.

4. Your mind is his to explore and expand as only as he can.

5. You keep NO secrets from him.

6. You only feel and experience while he spends his time, gifts and energy freely on you.

Are you a submissive woman?
What kind of jack@ss list is this? Total bunk.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
There's no right or wrong its all subjective which is obvious with the different interpretations of submissive that's being expressed in this thread. You've stated your opinion on the issue and there's a couple posts that explains their stance on the issue so maybe you should question those posts for better understanding.
I'm highlighting the obvious based on the evidence that has surfaced in this thread. You started the thread. You are a proponent of submissiveness. Of course, I'm interested in your take on the matter. Why do you have a need to obey? Your OP states you should know yourself well, so you should be able to answer the question.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Totally agree!
You agree that you should shut your mouth? Of course, you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships