Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,538,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Well that sounds all good and logical BUT nothing will ever be invented to detect or see god! A super duper spiritual microscope? The had to make up this religious garbage due to the lack of knowledge on what was really going on. For example, mentally ill people were "demon possesed" instead of chemically imbalanced. Now we KNOW what is going on with the mentally ill so there is no need for them to be labeled as "demon possesed."
Centuries ago people said you cannot see these so called germs---they do not exist. What garbage. Maybe you are the backward person like those who did not believe in germs. Some day we will see God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Nice "out". But see, this is the problem. Too often many of your Christian brothers and sisters (especially fundamentalist/evangelicals) foam at the mouth concerning "holiness" and all the "thou shalt nots" with lots of finger pointing at others they don't like, then play this very cop out you mentioned when they fail to live up to the very principles they spout off about. Maybe if they shut their mouths and lived the life instead of talking so much about it and other people then non-believers might be more receptive to them and the message. Those types, fairly or unfairly, have become representative of Christianity to many people. In so many ways, those types have brought down scorn upon the entire Christian spectrum all by themselves.
LOL, they only bring scorn upon themselves. Most Christians ignore them for what they are. You focused on them too much and gave them too much power over you. Hey, they changed your mind about God and spirituality. They cut off half your life---your spiritual life.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:42 PM

33,571 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You can say the same thing about science. So much of it takes faith to believe. Germs cause death? How ridiculous until the microscope was invented and people could see them. We have diseases in our blood? How stupid until it was proven. Etc, etc, etc.

Why are atheists so accepting of science so easily. A lot of it has not yet been proven and we have to take it on faith. So you do have faith but in science. Science is your God.
That is silly...You depend on science every bit as much as I do...Is science your god?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
For a good while now christians have decided to enter the political arena so they must expect criticism.
The christians are very vocal about condemning others for various reasons and are appalled at any backlash.
Christians are sinners and, apparently, sin intentionally, although they know it is against the teachings of Jesus.
All too often the christians refuse to even consider the validity of other opinions.
Christians have contempt for the extremists of other religions, but sometimes their attitudes are similar.
It's all too clear that the christians want to control all of society by whatever means possible.
And, then the christians will say "Who? Me? Of course not!" The constant denial.
Christians have always been the political arena. Why do you think the politicians in the past have not been Christians? In America most have been Christian with some Jews and the Asian religions. Only recently have Muslim politicians entered the political arena.

I guess you have been "controlled" by Christians your whole life---if you want to put it that way.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
And many scientists can still see the Hand of God in what they are discovering. Things work together so perfectly it all has to have an intelligent creator behind it.
Actually most scientists do not see the hand of god anywhere...Among members of the National Academy of Sciences (considered to be the world's leading scientists) 72.2% expressed disbelief and another 20% were agnostic.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,558,986 times
Quote:
You can say the same thing about science. So much of it takes faith to believe. Germs cause death? How ridiculous until the microscope was invented and people could see them. We have diseases in our blood? How stupid until it was proven. Etc, etc, etc.

Why are atheists so accepting of science so easily. A lot of it has not yet been proven and we have to take it on faith. So you do have faith but in science. Science is your God.
Science is a discipline, and demands that everything be questioned. The real process of science

The flowchart for religion is much simpler:

It's in the bible > Done

No decision boxes, no input of ideas, no return paths when proven wrong.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is silly...You depend on science every bit as much as I do...Is science your god?
I depend on science but I do not make it my God. I make God my God. LOL I worship the Creator not the created.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Science is a discipline, and demands that everything be questioned. The real process of science

The flowchart for religion is much simpler:

<B>
It's in the bible > Done
</B>

No decision boxes, no input of ideas, no return paths when proven wrong.
That is not true. Many have questioned religion---it has been questioned longer then any discipline of science. You insult those who are religious if you think they do not question.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,962,084 times
Quote:
LOL, they only bring scorn upon themselves. Most Christians ignore them for what they are. You focused on them too much and gave them too much power over you. Hey, they changed your mind about God and spirituality. They cut off half your life---your spiritual life.
No, not really. I still have my spiritual life; it's just not Christian. I follow the ways of my Comanche people.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,020,981 times
Quote:
Centuries ago people said you cannot see these so called germs---they do not exist. What garbage. Maybe you are the backward person like those who did not believe in germs. Some day we will see God.
Someday every gap will have been proven to be natural causes/processes and believers won't be able to hide behind the veil of faith anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality