Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,224,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
You already asked me that.
Sorry about that...memory isn't very trustworthy anymore and guess your reply wasn't memorable enough to overcome it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 03:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,218,617 times
Quote:
The Congregation.
Ewe....sounds very "Children of the Corn" ish.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:06 PM

409 posts, read 399,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Ewe....sounds very "Children of the Corn" ish.
To some.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,107,030 times
Quote:
The Bible says there are many God's. Satan is a God. The word God is a title. Jesus while in union with God, meaning they are in aggreement about everything, is not God Almighty. Example John 14:28 Jesus says God is greater than him. Oh and the Holy spirit, it's God's active force. It has no name and isn't called a God. The trinity doctrine has a beginning. Jesus has a beginning. God does not have a beginning.
I agree that the trinity is a crock. So is your view of the Holy spirit.

As to your last very definitive statement, how do you know this is a fact other than from hear say and Bible say? All hear say.
Are you willing to gamble your soul on hear say alone?

Further, when did you judge Bible God's character to know He was the one?

Regards
DL

Old 08-11-2010, 03:48 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,107,030 times
Quote:
Let the dragon write a book that pertains to the present. I know, silly.
Not silly. Delusional.

I asked what you thought. You might have tried to answer but I note that that is your style. Evade.

If for today, you might note that the secular legal system in place is much more moral than the Bible's. We do not stone our children or let them die when they need blood.

If for today, show where it talks of abortion, cloning and stem cell research.

Regards
DL

Old 08-11-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I agree that the trinity is a crock. So is your view of the Holy spirit.

As to your last very definitive statement, how do you know this is a fact other than from hear say and Bible say? All hear say.
Are you willing to gamble your soul on hear say alone?

Further, when did you judge Bible God's character to know He was the one?

Regards
DL
What do you believe to be the Holy spirit?

I believe the Bible to be God's word. As long as I believe in God's word and live accordingly to what the Bible teaches, I believe I will be acceptable to God.

I've believed for years that God is the Almighty. My studies with the witnesses has strengthened my belief.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Not silly. Delusional.

I asked what you thought. You might have tried to answer but I note that that is your style. Evade.

If for today, you might note that the secular legal system in place is much more moral than the Bible's. We do not stone our children or let them die when they need blood.

If for today, show where it talks of abortion, cloning and stem cell research.

Regards
DL
I answered, you just didn't like my answer. I believe the Bible, I do not believe in dragons.

At that time, God dealt directly with his people. If they broke his laws they were punished. Each crime had a proper punishment.

The Bible tells us to abstain from blood. With the Jehovah's Witnesses involvement in the medical field, there has been much progress made in finding alternatives to blood transfusions. We love our children but we do believe in doing God's will.

Abortion is taking a human life. Cloning is wrong because only God creates beings. I don't know enough about stem cell research to make a comment about it yet.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,870,768 times
Quote:
I believe the Bible, I do not believe in dragons.
Do you believe that animals can talk?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Do you believe that animals can talk?
Parrots can repeat what they hear. And yes, I believe Satan was powerful enough to use a serpent to speak for him. It is from the word of God and God can not lie.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,870,768 times
Quote:
Parrots can repeat what they hear. And yes, I believe Satan was powerful enough to use a serpent to speak for him.
So you believe in talking snakes and talking donkeys...but you don't believe in dragons. Why is that?

Quote:
It is from the word of God and God can not lie.
So there IS something that your god can't do after all?
Go look at the scripture I just posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality