Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 12:38 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,608,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Many people seem to feel the need to believe that there is a loving Being that controls the universe who created them with a special purpose in mind. Others, and I include myself in this group, have no such need. Possibly because those like me are not smart enough to be overwhelmed by the immense nature of the universe, and the miniscule nature of our own existence. Personally, I don't think I am significant enough to warrant feeling needy. And I certainly am not special enough to warrant personal messages from God. Which, coincidentally, I have never gotten.
again, I agree. I think the term the "special" is the issue with me too. lmao, its like claiming they are special because the sun shown on them. or that evolution chose us. evolution chose us no sooner than you can choose the shape of your gizzard.

intellect is not a requirement to be "overwhelmed". Infact, many stupid people are overwhelmed. But I think you are actually referencing an emotional attachment. some people have more emotional needs than others. I have far less emotional need than most and thus I don't need the universe to love me. Or to make my person need to be fulfilled or for my personal feelings decide how the universe works.

we don't know why we are here anymore than a cell knows why its living in you. But because it doesn't know anything doesn't make you any less alive either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality