Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:05 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet... but I get the day off work, and that's enough of a celebration for me! My mother invited me to a concert & fireworks show down in Mountain View (south Peninsula), but I'm concerned about the traffic & drunk people on the freeway - we're already psychotic drivers here, and I'd like to avoid being on the road that evening. So I'll probably stay up in the city, and try to find a good fireworks viewing spot... we can often see the ones at Candlestick Park from my house, but I don't know if they're doing them this year. Anyway, Happy 4th to everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 03:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
We haven't really made plans yet..Seems like the whole family always comes to my house for all the holidays..Most of the time we rent a big pontoon and spend the day on the lake just havinf fun grilling out and throwing each other in the lake Mostly we buy our own fireworks (legal Here, as long as they go under 20 or 30 feet in the air) When ours are gone we watch them on the TV. Happy fourth, ya'll

Old 07-02-2007, 03:47 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Happy 4th Everybody! Don't be sad, Jazzedforhim!! We just moved to Texas and are loving it. Where are you moving? We are going to go to a Baseball game with our daughter for the first time. I am excited.
Thanks for the encouragement...we're moving to south Austin burbs...as soon as this house sells.

Someone came this afternoon...praying it sells fast. With two kids underfoot it's so hard to keep the house up to "showroom" condition!! LOL

Old 07-02-2007, 04:26 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Someone came this afternoon...praying it sells fast. With two kids underfoot it's so hard to keep the house up to "showroom" condition!! LOL
I can relate to that! I'm in the middle of trying to sell two homes (a rental and our residence) while people are living in both . I still have 3 kids at home, an even BIGGER kid (the hubby) and my mother-in-law! It's almost impossible to keep up
Good luck to you though!

Old 07-02-2007, 04:55 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Kawg, we're expecting temperatures somewhere around 116 on the 4th. I know it's even hotter where you live. Are you going to be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:01 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Kawg, we're expecting temperatures somewhere around 116 on the 4th. I know it's even hotter where you live. Are you going to be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk?
We can probably do that today! The local temp right now says it's 117. You can usually add at least 5-10 degrees to that though I quit keeping a thermometer around, because most thermometers only go up to 120 and it is really scary when you see it going back around again . I've seen it too many times and it just makes it feel that much worse!

Thursday is supposed to be even hotter! Forecast says 119, so you can guess it will be about 125

Old 07-02-2007, 05:09 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Aren't you all glad that we live in a great country where we can exercise our freedoms and just argue our little guts out over religion right here on CD?

Who needs fireworks? We create our own on here!

So what are you guys doing on the 4th? What do you typically do?
We usually have a BBQ and then light um up! But this year I have to work. We'll have something to eat when I get home and then light um up!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:16 PM

508 posts, read 1,673,491 times
I will be sitting on the beach watching fireworks go off over the Pacific Ocean. The best part is I dont even have to drive. Before that we will be doing a family BBQ at the in-laws.

Arguy - homemade icecream is a great idea. I think we will add that to the BBQ.

Jazzed - my parents are in Phoenix and I wont be seeing them either. I know the sadness, but take heart. Loved ones are always nearby.

Hoosier - I tried to deep fry a turkey one time. Managed to burn the crud out of the turkey (inside was still raw of course), melt a 33 gallon trash can, and almost set the side of the house on fire. Talk about fireworks!! Man, people were mad at me . . . I saw great humor in my debacle, apparently it was not seen by others.

Happy 4th to everyone!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 07:03 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Holiday plans still up in the air, but I wanted to weigh in and wish all a Happy Fourth of July!!!!

--Hey, Montana, with that kind of 116 degree heat in Arizona, you really should be reconsidering Boston: 71 GORGOUS DEGREES here currently...

Happy 4th everyone!

-June

Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,578 times
I usually grill out for our family, and we swim and eat the whole day. Then we shoot fireworks at night, but with the current drought and burn bans, I do think we shall skip the fireworks this year.

Actually, my son informed me that he and his dad are plannning a fishing trip so I might just take the day and spend it in the pool, plenty of iced tea and a book, just resting and relaxing and getting caught up on energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality