Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:32 AM

219 posts, read 718,056 times

Advertisements

I usually am recruited to make use of my elite pit skills - especially with brisket. As well as spend time with family, have a few cold ones and play with explosives (fireworks).

However, I don't get to do that this year. This year I'm stuck up in Dallas - six hours away from friends and family - packing up my belongings as I am moving next week.

So, everyone have some BBQ and a cold one for me and have a safe and happy 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 09:30 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
We can probably do that today! The local temp right now says it's 117. You can usually add at least 5-10 degrees to that though I quit keeping a thermometer around, because most thermometers only go up to 120 and it is really scary when you see it going back around again . I've seen it too many times and it just makes it feel that much worse!

Thursday is supposed to be even hotter! Forecast says 119, so you can guess it will be about 125
Ugh! That's hot. Well, you're not alone. My friend has a friend in Vegas and he was told it was 128 degrees there today.

It's so delightfully much cooler than normally where I live in Texas, but that's because it won't quit raining, highly unusual to say the least. I'm not complaining though; I may never get to experience a cooler summer here for the rest of my days on Earth.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:41 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I feel sorry for all of you Texans and Arizonans and Nevadans..Here in the mountains of Eastern Ky. a nice light rain is coming down, the temp is about 74 degrees, by morning there will be a heavy fog. Tomorrows temp is supposed to be in the mid eighties with a slight breeze

Old 07-04-2007, 10:31 PM

954 posts, read 813,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Ugh! That's hot. Well, you're not alone. My friend has a friend in Vegas and he was told it was 128 degrees there today.

It's so delightfully much cooler than normally where I live in Texas, but that's because it won't quit raining, highly unusual to say the least. I'm not complaining though; I may never get to experience a cooler summer here for the rest of my days on Earth.
I'll have to send my partner out to see you. She doesn't like the heat so that'll fix her! <<evil grin emotion>>. She has to go back to UK every August because it get's to hot for her here (well that's the excuse she gives me anyway).

Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I feel sorry for all of you Texans and Arizonans and Nevadans..Here in the mountains of Eastern Ky. a nice light rain is coming down, the temp is about 74 degrees, by morning there will be a heavy fog. Tomorrows temp is supposed to be in the mid eighties with a slight breeze
Today in San Francisco, it was a gorgeous 75-ish degrees, with a strong breeze in my neighborhood... and for the first time in YEARS, the night was free of fog - so you could actually see the fireworks!

Oh, and just 20-30 miles away in the valley, it was 105 degrees - I do not envy them, LOLOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality