Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:12 PM

430 posts, read 584,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Okay, I'll play.

If Neanderthals are "descendants of Adam and Eve" but did not evolve from Adam and Eve, how do you explain the tremendous genetic variability?
Wouldn't it be more fun if perhaps Campbell34 and NIKK were to go at each other's different views on religious specifics? The "clash of the absolutes"?

Meantime, I heard yesterday that scientists are very close to assembling a complete Neanderthal's DNA genome from salvaged samples. Now don't say it's impossible that they will EVER be able to produce a verifiably accurate Neanderthal individual (ethical considerations might stop production of a living example, but nevertheless, it will be absolutely possible.)

As a result, we'll be able to accurately compare, base pair by base pair, the genome of a true Neanderthal with that of a modern human. As well, we'll be able to compare both of those maps to existing and also other now extinct primates (including early apes and their early predecessors, some lemures and rodents), and the unfolding story will clearly show, except to intransigent types, the dynamics of stepwise transitional changes over time. In other words, irrefutable proof of evolution over time.

The disbelievers will likely still be quoting those now well-aged and completely outdated scientific reports from the 1950s as proof that it all can't be done, and that we'll never find The Missing Link. And that C14 dating proves Neanderthals were a recent life form that magically disappeared without a trace about 36 years ago.... along with c34's supposedly still living South American dinosaurs.

While the bible does make a number of absolute and clear historically accurate statements about all sorts of things that were going on at the time of it's authorship, it is conspicuous in the lack of comments, either detailed or vague, on things they could not possibly had knowledge of. This is obviously because those things were no longer around, and had been gone long before any form of accurate recorded history. The Chinese, whose accurate histories predate the bible by a few centuries at least, are thus ignored by biblical scholars, but don't mention any such beasts or early humans. Dinosaurs, Neanderthals, Cro-Magnons, ancient Bering Sea pre-Inuit, my northern Canadian aboriginal ancestors, past ice ages, meteor impacts in Mexico, etc., all gone well prior to 2500 years ago.

You can't write historical accounts about stuff no-one didn't witness! That would just be silly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
You can't write historical accounts about stuff no-one didn't witness! That would just be silly!
But you would expect that gawd given testimony would at least mention those things that he/she/or it created, I would think.

One would expect something along the lines of: On the third day I created homo erectus, but that didn't work out so I wenth back to the drawing board and on the fourth day I came out with another prototype... which didn't work out either until I came up with the Adam and Eve model...

Old 10-19-2010, 07:54 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,695,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
No, since the process of evolution does not exist.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,050,531 times
Quote:
No, since the process of evolution does not exist. But we all are decendants of Adam and Eve who were created by God. And of those decendants came the people that we call Neaderthals. Not knuckle dragin' monkeys, but people who lived in Germany and mainly hunted as a living. If you saw one today, you would not see someone that looked like GIECO commercial character, but just some ordinary Joe.

Seriously?????

Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,006,036 times
I always figured that up until the GEICO commercials most neanderthals became pentecostal pastors, although quite a few worked in the bush administration.........

Old 10-19-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpasture View Post
i always figured that up until the geico commercials most neanderthals became pentecostal pastors, although quite a few worked in the bush administration.........

lol

Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,672,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I always figured that up until the GEICO commercials most neanderthals became pentecostal pastors, although quite a few worked in the bush administration.........

Ahh man, I don't care what anybody says, that's funny......

Old 10-20-2010, 08:44 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,222,346 times
Quote:
No, since the process of evolution does not exist. But we all are decendants of Adam and Eve who were created by God. And of those decendants came the people that we call Neaderthals. Not knuckle dragin' monkeys, but people who lived in Germany and mainly hunted as a living. If you saw one today, you would not see someone that looked like GIECO commercial character, but just some ordinary Joe.
This just goes to prove, once again, how faith has to be, not only BLIND, but deaf and dumb as well in the face of such OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY. Given the above statement...Christians should NEVER wonder why some of us think...your cheese has slipped off of your sandwiches.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,695,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
This just goes to prove, once again, how faith has to be, not only BLIND, but deaf and dumb as well in the face of such OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY. Given the above statement...Christians should NEVER wonder why some of us think...your cheese has slipped off of your sandwiches.
That type of believer never even HAD cheese to begin with.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

Originally Posted by Nikk

omg Christy, you mean Nikk was being serious????

Really??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality