Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:07 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times

Advertisements

Aren't you all glad that we live in a great country where we can exercise our freedoms and just argue our little guts out over religion right here on CD?

Who needs fireworks? We create our own on here!

So what are you guys doing on the 4th? What do you typically do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,040 times
Buy a bunch of plastic army men, tie firecrackers to them and blow them up....opps did i say that outloud??

usually grill, and make homemade icecream, and watch the city firework display with the kids.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:32 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,910,544 times
This year I have to fight to keep the tears back...since we are moving to Texas as soon as our home sells. It's not that I don't want to go only that I will miss my family here a lot.

We're going to my mom's. My brother's family is coming over and my mom got a blow up pool for the kids to play in...then we will grill steaks...then fireworks in the street. A great day!

Old 07-02-2007, 10:46 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,412 times
Happy 4th Everybody! Don't be sad, Jazzedforhim!! We just moved to Texas and are loving it. Where are you moving? We are going to go to a Baseball game with our daughter for the first time. I am excited.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:08 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,084 times
I get to paint the exterior of my house! woohooo! And then grill (away from the wet paint) chicken/hot dogs/corn on the cob and have a watermelon seed spitting contest with my kids!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,393 times
My in laws are coming over and we will grill, then shoot of the fireworks. The night before, the country club we live next to will shoot off it's own display, and we get front row seats from our front yard!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,450 times
Here where I live, we have the Colorado river separating Arizona/Nevada. There is a place down on the river where we can go and park and the fireworks are shot off right directly above us! I LOVE IT! You can FEEL the BOOM! There's music playing in coordination with the fireworks and you get the reflection of them off of the water! It's beautiful! I must say the fireworks are about the only thing I truly admire around this area...the rest is for the birds! But hey, not much to BURN here in the desert...it's pretty well burnt already

For some reason, I keep thinking I may end up in the hospital lying in wait on a granddaughter! Who knows! Maybe my daughter will be shooting her own fireworks display this 4th

Happy 4th to all of you!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:46 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,727 times
I personally don't celebrate it being British, but I know wifey is quite homesick at the thought of her family in the Mid-West enjoying the celebrations. I have spent a few July 4ths in the States and loved it.

Happy 4th.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I personally don't celebrate it being British, but I know wifey is quite homesick at the thought of her family in the Mid-West enjoying the celebrations. I have spent a few July 4ths in the States and loved it.

Happy 4th.
Thanks for the well-wishes from across the pond!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:16 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Here where I live, we have the Colorado river separating Arizona/Nevada. There is a place down on the river where we can go and park and the fireworks are shot off right directly above us! I LOVE IT! You can FEEL the BOOM! There's music playing in coordination with the fireworks and you get the reflection of them off of the water! It's beautiful! I must say the fireworks are about the only thing I truly admire around this area...the rest is for the birds! But hey, not much to BURN here in the desert...it's pretty well burnt already

For some reason, I keep thinking I may end up in the hospital lying in wait on a granddaughter! Who knows! Maybe my daughter will be shooting her own fireworks display this 4th

Happy 4th to all of you!
Well, could happen, Kawg! Alpha has a "4th of July" baby girl! Those "yankee doodle dandy" babies do happen!

I'm not sure about our plans for the 4th yet. We have tentative plans to grill out with our best friends. The house we used to live in had a great view of the local fireworks display. We could just sit out in the back yard and watch the show. We would usually have a barbecue and party because it was such a good locale for people to come over and watch the fireworks.

I'm glad I don't have to work this year on the 4th. Last year I was working as a receptionist for a car dealership and I loved the job but one downside was that being, "retail" you pretty much had to work all the holidays except Christmas and Thanksgiving . That's one good thing about working for a bank. You get all the federal holidays off.

Some folks here in Dallas are kinda "bummed out" about the predicted weather for the 4th. Rain and more rain and did I say "rain?" Our church picnic scheduled for Sunday was cancelled due to weather. I'm sure ya'll have heard about some of the flooding down in Texas. Last year we were in the middle of a drought! It is usually sunny and blisteringly hot here in Dallas on the 4th of July!

On Sunday, I did see a familiar looking "bright orb" in the Texas sky! So, who know, maybe we'll see it again on the 4th!

Last edited by kaykay; 07-02-2007 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: "typing challenged" today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality