Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What "causes" homosexuality?
Biological factors that we are just now beginning to understand. 88 62.86%
Being molested as a child. 3 2.14%
A particularly fabulous strain of the flu! 1 0.71%
Nothing causes it, it is a choice made by the individual. 17 12.14%
An unclean, demonic spirit has possessed or oppressed gays and they need deliverance. 8 5.71%
A combo of 2 or 3 of these options. (Please explain via post) 16 11.43%
None of the above. (Please explain via post) 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
God's standards are just your standards bchris. You try to make them sounds more important by saying that god agrees with you but it makes no difference since god is dead.

Maybe if you had reasons in which people of all faiths could agree for why homosexuality is so bad but then again this thread is called "what causes homosexuality?" and thus that question alone should be discussed.

Here's one: The one true god causes homosexuality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How do you know God's standards regarding homosexuality? Just because some bigot wrote in your ancient book that it is an abomination? That's right God did not write those words a man did.
You atheists don't believe in God but you always seem to be the first to want to distort the Bible and interpret it in your own way to tell us Christians what the Bible really says. If you don't want to believe it, fine, but stop trying to force your hedonistic abominations on those who do.

And stop quoting that damned Kinsey research which even for the 1940s was flawed and unethical just to make you look more numerous than you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Hate-filled threads are always so nice right before bedtime.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You atheists don't believe in God but you always seem to be the first to want to distort the Bible and interpret it in your own way to tell us Christians what the Bible really says. If you don't want to believe it, fine, but stop trying to force your hedonistic abominations on those who do.

And stop quoting that damned Kinsey research which even for the 1940s was flawed and unethical just to make you look more numerous than you are.
Did I distort the bible? I did not, and I am also not trying to force anything on you. Your thinking is in the box of your own making, and I'm sure nobody can change it or force anything on you but yourself..You would need de-programming first.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:23 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:

Everyone interprets bible in their own way, an atheist doesn't believe in a bible, so there is nothing to distort.
Once again, it comes down to what is socially accepted, homosexuality happened to be one of those "unaccepted" things, it doesn't make it right or wrong. Is there such a thing as a Christian who happened to be gay? How do they cope with bible? Do they live in constant fear that they will be punished when time comes?
I'd like to hear their side.

I wonder how would you survive without the bible?

Old 10-17-2008, 02:37 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Why should we prosecute them when 'they have no choice'?
You aren't listening. The argument isn't we should persecute homosexuals because they are born that way, the argument is we shouldn't persecute people who practice homosexual behaviour because sex between consenting adults, be they male and female, male and male or female and female, harms no one.

A homosexual can always choose abstinence or having sex with the other gender but that decision is theirs to make.

I have a question though, how does the idea of homosexuality or the acceptance of homosexuality affect you personally?

Edit:This question is really directed at everyone participating in this thread.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
birth orientation or
one too many terrible misunderstandings.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:39 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Is there such a thing as a Christian who happened to be gay?
Gay "christians" bend scripture to justify homosexuality, by either saying God made them that way so it can't be a sin, or the passages dealing with homosexuality are only talking about if heterosexuals were to participate in homosexuality because its unnatural to them, or its only talking about male prostitutes. All three explanations are deliberate distortions of the Scriptures, and regardless of what they believe in their heart (Jeremiah 17:9), they WILL answer to God for it.

One CANNOT be a Christian and be a practicing homosexual. Anybody who says otherwise is a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post

I have a question though, how does the idea of homosexuality or the acceptance of homosexuality affect you personally?

Edit:This question is really directed at everyone participating in this thread.
Acceptance of homosexuality is the last thing to occur in a society before God brings judgment. When that happens, it will affect us all, and not in a good way.

P.S. The straight people supporting gay rights are more guilty than the homosexuals themselves. Regardless of what Kinsey said in the 1940s, homosexuals only comprise about 2-4% of the population. Without straight support, acceptance would have never come this far.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:58 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
Some of the hate displayed on this board is dismaying, but I also know it's a small subset and that the majority of people in the West (or close to the majority) accept and understand instead of being stuck under their own fear, hate, and bigotry. The younger generations more so. I'm happy to know that in 20 years anti-gay sentiment will be looked at in history with sadness and incredulity

Yep, now come on here and respond to me saying that the words I use are too strong and blah, blah, blah. Everytime some post on here about gay issues and purport to know what causes it, the percentage of gay people, and how destructive and sick it is their true colors shine right through to their dark hearts. The very fact that as someone who is NOT gay or has close relationships with gay people posts repeatedly on gay threads shows just how deep their hatred or fear runs.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Quote:

Acceptance of homosexuality is the last thing to occur in a society before God brings judgment. When that happens, it will affect us all, and not in a good way.
This is an interesting statement. I always thought that Christians couldn't wait for the second coming.

I'm under the impression that if God isn't coming back until people start accepting gays than there should be Christians showing valiant support and waving rainbow flags everywhere they go.

I love how quickly the intonations of such a loving God quickly change to a smiteful, spiteful, and vengeful God as soon as someone feels it necessary to bring their point of view against things like homosexuality into the mix. It's pretty comical if you ask me. You people preach how wonderful and caring your God is and then you threaten those who accept gay people with some sort of lame and ridiculous threat of some homicidal maniac who is "Coming any day now."

It's the most ironic thing... Preach love, respect, and dignity but use violent temper tantrums of a divine nature when necessary...

Old 10-17-2008, 07:05 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
One CANNOT be a Christian and be a practicing homosexual. Anybody who says otherwise is a liar.
I thought i recently saw a post from someone gay looking for a church and was asking how he'll be treated. Was is on this board, or am i confused.

Quote:
Is it in the bible? If it is, then i'll just ignore it.

Quote:
P.S. The straight people supporting gay rights are more guilty than the homosexuals themselves. Regardless of what Kinsey said in the 1940s, homosexuals only comprise about 2-4% of the population. Without straight support, acceptance would have never come this far.
And i see nothing wrong with that. Gay has always been, are and will be no matter what your littlbe bible tells you. Looks like God made a mistake, once again, and now you all are scared.
It really sound quiet pathetic and i can smell your fear. What a way to live your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality