Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 AM

64,116 posts, read 40,420,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It is as interesting that you constantly denigrate people for believing the tales of 'primitive ignorant ancestors' but don't consider tales from 2000 years ago as such.
All the while indicating belief in some of those Old Testament stories yourself.
Yeah,yeah, I know.You've learned to 'properly divide' them.
What you fail to realize is that FOR ME . . . my experiences made the answer unmistakably and undeniably clear. I had the answer and it was an exercise in finding explanations that made sense in science and the "spiritual fossil record." I am merely witnessing to what I found and make NO claim that YOU or anyone else must accept it. But I also point out what you accept that is NEITHER scientific NOR explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
Well, we know our brains became larger over time.I would think the advent of language played a big role, it was "forced" to respond, thats part of the evolutionary process.The theory of abiogenesis is good enough for me.Why did it occur?, because it could!
One of the hominids that preceded us had a larger brain case . . . so your "explanation" is flawed. The theory of abiognesis has not been established as a viable scientific theory . . . nor is it likely to be. As the old joke goes . . . God will counter "wait a minute . . . make your own dust of the earth first."

Old 07-10-2011, 10:52 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,316,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you fail to realize is that FOR ME . . . my experiences made the answer unmistakably and undeniably clear. I had the answer and it was an exercise in finding explanations that made sense in science and the "spiritual fossil record." I am merely witnessing to what I found and make NO claim that YOU or anyone else must accept it. But I also point out what you accept that is NEITHER scientific NOR explanation.
I would gather you can understand that, while some of us have given thought and consideration to what you claim makes sense in science,we must treat those parts that make sense to you based on "spiritual fossil records'' (and personal revelation) just maybe a WEE bit differently.
Even if we become convinced that all our conscious thoughts are collected in some central gathering place...your god consciousness.... (well....the good ones, that is) ......well.....should I stop right there? If not, then anything after that has nothing to do with science.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I would gather you can understand that, while some of us have given thought and consideration to what you claim makes sense in science,we must treat those parts that make sense to you based on "spiritual fossil records'' (and personal revelation) just maybe a WEE bit differently.
Even if we become convinced that all our conscious thoughts are collected in some central gathering place...your god consciousness.... (well....the good ones, that is) ......well.....should I stop right there? If not, then anything after that has nothing to do with science.
I understand completely, old_cold. There has always been two aspects to my synthesis . . . that which is SCIENCE and supportable and that which is BELIEF . . . and based on my experiences and "educated-guess" about what is represented in the "spiritual fossil record" in FAITH.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,294,099 times
What the heck is a spiritual fossil record? As far as I know spirits don't leave fossils....I gotta hand it to you that it's a nice catch phrase though.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:34 PM

455 posts, read 634,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
One of the hominids that preceded us had a larger brain case . . . so your "explanation" is flawed. The theory of abiognesis has not been established as a viable scientific theory . . . nor is it likely to be. As the old joke goes . . . God will counter "wait a minute . . . make your own dust of the earth first."
Science has MUCH proof of alot of things, I see NO proof of God or anything else super natural.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the heck is a spiritual fossil record? As far as I know spirits don't leave fossils....I gotta hand it to you that it's a nice catch phrase though.
Spiritual refers to "of consciousness" . . . so everything that has been produced by human consciousness and recorded about God our purpose or anything else related to it is part of the "spiritual fossil record". It reflects the evolution of our consciousness and understanding of God and our spiritual characteristics . . . much as the bones reflect the evolution of our physical characteristics.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:44 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,294,099 times
So, where can I find this spiritual fossil record? The things that have been produced by human consciousness and recorded about God be seen or touched or do I have to take it all on faith? I'm assuming that is the case.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:59 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,812,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So, psychology isn't a science? Hmm... last time I checked it was.
What does psychology have to do with what you are talking about?

Logic falls under the realm of philosophy, not psychology. You seem to talk a lot and know a little.

Either way its not as if everything is either science or supernatural. Math is a perfectly legitimate field that is neither science nor supernatural.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So, where can I find this spiritual fossil record? The things that have been produced by human consciousness and recorded about God be seen or touched or do I have to take it all on faith? I'm assuming that is the case.
They are quite readily available . . . oral traditions recorded, myths, legends, various scriptures, mystical philosophies, etc.. It is quite extensive and some even date from before the Sumerian records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality