Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Jesus said: "I have sheep that are not of this fold."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 07:38 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
If you'd spend less time trying to prove there is no God, you'd be more productive and would irritate fewer people.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:05 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Jesus said: "I have sheep that are not of this fold."

Old 11-17-2010, 09:02 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
If you'd spend less time trying to prove there is no God, you'd be more productive and would irritate fewer people.

For you information I'm highly productive! I watched 16 hours of college basketball yesterday. And today I plan on spreading atheism for no fewer than that same amount. That's what I call stamina! Please forgive me if I've irritated anyone. My main goal behind basketball and atheism is never to irritate anyone. I mean NEVER!!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
If we were to discover intelligent life on a distant planet. Would that life make all earthly religions invalid? Keep in mind that this life form could in no way be considered human.

From what I understand that most if not all religions on earth state that humans are the only intelligent life in the universe. With what we now know about the size of our universe how can we think we are the only intelligent life. I think it far more likely we find proof of extraterrestrial life one day than proof of any god. Belief and faith are not proof nor is the Bible or any other book proof.

Why the belief in life on another planet but not in God? LOGIC and rational thinking!
In the Quran there are many indications of the existence of life on the planets outside our Earth.
<http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/index.htm#The_planets_Are_Inhabited_>

Moreover, the discovery of other living intelligent beings elsewhere in the universe will fortify the true religion and confirm the "exclusive devotion to God alone": because the ET people will be found to worship God the Creator alone (they certainly call Him with names other than Allah, God or Yahweh: according to their languages)

On the other hand, this will disprove the enthusiasm about Jesus and Mohammed and other saints and imams: because simply the people on the planets do not know these righteous men; they have their own prophets and apostles.

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#An_Anticipated_Meeting_>

Old 11-17-2010, 11:06 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Would life elsewhere in the universe invalidate religion? A very good question. We the native tribes of this land know that there is life on other worlds and we have known this for many thousands of centuries, it is in our legends and stories. Here is but two small examples of what I am talking about, take the time to read and understand.

http://www.drboylan.com/strknrpt2.html,

American Indians Alien Gods Star Beings

Old 11-17-2010, 11:35 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Would life elsewhere in the universe invalidate religion? A very good question. We the native tribes of this land know that there is life on other worlds and we have known this for many thousands of centuries, it is in our legends and stories. Here is but two small examples of what I am talking about, take the time to read and understand.

http://www.drboylan.com/strknrpt2.html,

American Indians Alien Gods Star Beings
Good post. However, we must understand that EVERY major religion and faith was based on ancient visitation from sky beings or half-skybeings. The native cultures have not lost touch with the truth. However, our cultures like Christianity has. Mary (mother of Jesus) was one of MANY virgins that were artificially inseminated by a mysterious sky being. 75% of Americans worship a half human star child and don't even know it (your first link mentions who Jesus really was).

The Vedic literature of Hinduism is full of aerial battles in skyships called "Vimanas". How did people 6,000 years ago come up with such accurate modern day aerial battle stories? I believe that they didn't come up with these stories at all. They witnessed it and wrote about it.

Like I stated in an earlier post. When we all find out that "God" is indeed a race of extraterrestrials called the Annunaki that genetically engineered humans, religion (and evolutionary sciences) will die.

After reading your first link (I haven't read the second yet), I noticed this one quote:

Quote:
In Scandinavia the so-called "Grey aliens" [Zetas] are rare. Most common there are the small, short, wrinkled "Dwarf" Star Visitors. Her country borders Russia, whose cosmonauts were threatened with death if they talked openly about UFO encounters.
Here is a youtube of an alleged alien autopsy. This supposed alien matches the "small, short, wrinkled "Dwarf" Star Visitors" description given in your first link. I found this match to be very interesting (even if the video is a fake).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78s0_jAe__8

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 11-17-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 03:13 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
some of us ignoramuses have allowances for the possibility that life was seeded.
It's long been my contention that the earth, like Australia, was just a honking big penal colony.

If i'm right it sure would explain some of the people here, past and present.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
urbancharlotte, since you read the first article it was interesting that one paragraph in particular caught my interest and it was one statement that was given by Standing Elk: "The Star Nations where the most critical of all entities, because the thought of other races communicating with the grass roots[indigenous] people would create a major threat to the religious systems, the economy and educational system of any government. The greatest fear in the governmental structures was the knowledge that all forms of "Star Governments" had no monetary system within their governing structures. Their system was based on the mental, spiritual and universal laws with which they were too mentally and spiritually intelligent to break. The collapse of the monetary system within the United States Government and the Religious Denominations became a National Security issue, and so it became an easier task to make the Lakota/Dakota belief system illegal to participate[in] and practice"

Interesting how such an item could cause so much interest in the religious world.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:19 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Interesting how such an item could cause so much interest in the religious world.
Simply put. Religion is a business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality