Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:38 AM

593 posts, read 891,760 times

Advertisements

I believe at least two things can land you in hell although I rather leave the final decision to the eventual one on one with God at judgement.

Not beleiving in Jesus Christ (often confused with not accepting Christ as personal savior (not scriptural
although natually undesireable)
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit (apparently the only "unforgiveable sin") It needs clarification as it involves
satanic ties)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 02:53 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,031,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I am bemused at the attitude and assumption that those who do not tow the Christian behavioral line will and do end up in Satan's grasp, roasting away for eternity in Hell. I was wondering what, exactly, in this day and age might land you that special one-way ticket.

Let me start the discussion with a short list. Christians; I implore you to comment here, since, if we heathen atheists can perhaps realize and atone, why, we may get to meet with you over coffee up in Heaven (tho' it would likely have to be decaf and sans a morning "Bourbon lift" if the Mormon constituent has any say, huh?):

Lets see:

1. Purposefully lying to deceive and mislead your fellow man;

2. Misrepresent yourself for personal gain;

3. Various forms of coveting things like your neighbor's wife, his or her "Beemer", bigger house, new LED wide-screen TV set, etc.

4. Misrepresenting others' viewpoints to, again, advance your own cause;

5. Purposefully mean acts designed to embarrass or disadvantage others while you gloat over your accomplishments;

6. Of course, murdering, injuring or placing others in direct danger. That would include, one assumes, putting them in dire psychological danger.

7. Lying to children.

8. Drinking coffee or Cokeâ„¢, and a double-fast ride to the inner ring if you add in that little whiskey spice-up....

9. Not attending official religious chant-ins (like church, or carrying vicious signs for the Westboro Church, etc....)

Any others? I'm sure I've missed a few. Still, I'm sure any one, or certainly a few of these, should land you a first-class ride into Hades inner circles, right?

Lemmee know, please!
Hell is the condition of the soul without love. When there is no love, there is darkness (hell). The more love, the more light and closer to heaven.

I can tell you right now on earth, there aren't any people now living who are going to go straight into heaven. (Just my opinion from what I have read and understood from the beings who already reside in Paradise or the Celestial Heavens)

So don't worry. Just be love to one another and you'll do fine. Beliefs are of the mind, love is of the soul so it really doesn't matter what one believes right now, what matters is that you love.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,050,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
OK. What's your point?
Originally Posted by jimmiej
Yeah, that's why I said "according to Christianity".

No, I chose to believe in Jesus' redemptive work on the cross. That makes me a Christian.

By Jazzymom:
Yes you are a Christian and that was your choice, like I am Jewish and that is my choice.

What I said is pretty clear........

Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,836,185 times
intolerance. hate. prejudice. self-righteousness.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:03 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,129,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
I believe at least two things can land you in hell although I rather leave the final decision to the eventual one on one with God at judgement.

Not beleiving in Jesus Christ (often confused with not accepting Christ as personal savior (not scriptural
although natually undesireable)
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit (apparently the only "unforgiveable sin") It needs clarification as it involves
satanic ties)
So YOU are judging people, by your own admission.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye"(Mat. 7:1-5).

Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,125,305 times
Pointing out that Satan murdered no one and that God joyously murdered millions usually works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality