Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
yes. i am referring to the christian bible. i have not done enough research on judaism to talk about it. thanks though maybe i should have cleared that up in the beginning when i said it.
Then you should do some research because the Christian Bible OT comes from the Jewish Hebrew Scripture. The Hebrew Bible was here before the Christians added it to the their canon.

So in the Hebrew Scripture there is a much older text and tradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:11 PM

397 posts, read 608,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Then you should do some research because the Christian Bible OT comes from the Jewish Hebrew Scripture. The Hebrew Bible was here before the Christians added it to the their canon.

So in the Hebrew Scripture there is a much older text and tradition.
this is true to an extent but when you look at any bible that has been written in english it is NOT translated properly so YOU should do some research.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"

there has been a mistranslation of text. the "original" greek manuscripts, "the word" is only described as being "ton theos" (divine/god) and not being "ho theos" (THE divine/THE god). A more correct translation of this would read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was divine".

if we look at a different verse, Corinthians 4:4, we find the exact same word (ho theos) used in John 1:1 to describe God Almighty is now being used to describe the devil, however the system of translation has changed:

"the god of this world (the devil) hath blinded the minds of them which believe not"

according to the system of the previous verse and the English language, the translation of the description of the Devil should also have been written as "The God" with a capital "G". if Paul was inspired to use the exact same words to describe the devil, then why would he change it? why is "The God" translated as simply "the god" when referring to the devil while "divine" is translated as the almighty "God" when referring to "the Word"? Are you starting to get the picture on how the "translation" of the Bible took place?

also the greek word "pias" or "piada" describing jesus and others

the ancient greek word used is "pias" or "piada" which
mean; "servant, child, son, manservant". some translations of the
bible, such as the popular king james version, have translated this
word as "Son" when it is attributed to jesus and "servant" for most
everyone else, while more recent translations o the bible suh as the
RSV now honestly translate it as "servant".

the EXACT SAME WORD "pias" is attributed to Jacob (Israel) in luke
1:54 and translated as servant":

"he hath helped his servant Israel, in rememberance of his mercy;"

it is also applied to King David in luke 1:69, and once again, it
translated as "servant":

"... the house of his servant david;"

however when it is applied to jesus (acts 3:13, acts 4:27), now
translated as "Son". (notice that it is not only translated as "son"
but as "Son" with a capital "S")

am i trying to sit here and say or show in some way that i know everything? no, but what IS showing is the fact that what i say i can prove. so far ive just seen/heard you claiming things, but you have no proof, no evidence. i am not trying to bash on christianity because i have yet to say anything that i cannot prove. i am stating 100% facts. facts that can be proven by the biblical scholars who have discovered them. some christians may think i am bashing on them or attacking the religion but if thats the case, and i am only stating what biblical scholars have discovered and agreed on hen maybe those same people who disagree with me can have a conversation with some of these biblical scholars who are claiming these things. the biblical scholars who rewrote the bible and now have an even "newer" version, the RSV who were also backed by 50 cooperating christian denominations. so if your getting mad at me, in reality, your only really mad at yourself. and im not talking about you, JazzyMom because i dont know how you feel about what i say, but to the people that think i am bashing, i have more examples of these "translations". i just do not want to have people scrolling through so much but if you'd like i can send you more.

Last edited by sukrill; 03-07-2011 at 05:33 PM..

Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,678,557 times
Quote:
this is true to an extent but when you look at any bible that has been written in english it is NOT translated properly ...
The examples you cite are all from the Christian Bible, not from the Bible.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The examples you cite are all from the Christian Bible, not from the Bible.
you've already said this once before. and i already said this is the one I'm talking about. to clarify. I am talking about the KJV NKJV RSV ESV etc. the Christian Bibles. the ones that have been mistranslated into english. the ones that every Christian reads. no one reads the most authentic one to date unless they know how to read greek.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
no one reads the most authentic one to date unless they know how to read greek.
The authentic Bible is in Hebrew, not Greek.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
The authentic Bible is in Hebrew, not Greek.
"Codex Sinaiticus is one of the most important books in the world. Handwritten well over 1600 years ago, the manuscript contains the Christian Bible in Greek, including the oldest complete copy of the New Testament."

you can read more about it on Codex Sinaiticus - Home

Old 03-07-2011, 08:19 PM

The authentic Bible, the one given to Moishe (Moses) by the Almighty at Sinai occurred 3,321 years ago.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
The authentic Bible, the one given to Moishe (Moses) by the Almighty at Sinai occurred 3,321 years ago.
i really have no idea where your going with this. i have said that the oldest bible in existence today (based on christianity) like ive also stated before)) is written in greek and was "discovered" almost 400 years after christ. the one that todays bibles are based on.

im not sure which bible your referring to. from the sound of it it seems that you are talking about the original bible that was originally given to moses, pbuh, which i have not read anything about. where is your proof? you have really got my attention

id really like to read the original text given to moses if in fact it does exist

also just curious are you part of a religion?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,835 times
Quote:
i really have no idea where your going with this. i have said that the oldest bible in existence today (based on christianity) like ive also stated before)) is written in greek and was "discovered" almost 400 years after christ. the one that todays bibles are based on.

im not sure which bible your referring to. from the sound of it it seems that you are talking about the original bible that was originally given to moses, pbuh, which i have not read anything about. where is your proof? you have really got my attention

id really like to read the original text given to moses if in fact it does exist

also just curious are you part of a religion?
Sukrill where do you think the Christian OT comes from? The Hebrew Bible predates the Christian Bible. The Christian OT was taken from the Hebrew Scripture.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Sukrill where do you think the Christian OT comes from? The Hebrew Bible predates the Christian Bible. The Christian OT was taken from the Hebrew Scripture.
ok. you cannot prove this. todays bibles are based on the oldest greek bible because the HEBREW BIBLE DOES NOT HAVE THE NEW TESTAMENT. i keep saying this and i really wish you would please research this information for yourself before you go saying things you have not looked into.

Todays MODERN DAY BIBLES are NOT based on whatever bible Greenspan is talking about. Todays MODERN DAY BIBLES (meaning the ESV, RSV, KJV, NKJV, etc.) are based on the oldest bible that was written in GREEK.

"Handwritten well over 1600 years ago, the manuscript contains the Christian Bible in Greek, including the oldest complete copy of the New Testament."
-http://codexsinaiticus.org/en/

i can GUARANTEE you that if you take the bible Greenspan is talking about and any MODERN DAY BIBLE the OLD TESTAMENT would NOT match up. I can PROVE this. YOU can PROVE THIS. what you cant prove, is that todays modern day bibles match those that im talking about written in greek or the on Greenspan is talking about in hebrew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality