Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times

Advertisements

think about a man/woman who has spent their lives hurting people,not caring/understanding/.commpassionate in any way,and basicaly just horrible people,what do they feel on the inside????

and take a person who always helped and put other people before themselves,always caring and showing commpassion and being descent,what do they feel and why????

i think that this is a direct example of the existence of the soul,when we become evil we feel that negative energy,what is that energy??????????

,ever get a vibe off someone when they walk into a room,they could be strong individuals and the vibe can be strong negativly or positivly!what is this???????

why does having an evil mind cause negative emotions and energy???if we are only material bodys,then why does our actions have internal consequences,animals can kill whatever they want and not be emotionally effected bye it,but we are here for more than sense enjoyment,eatin/sleeping/mating etc.and who we become has a direct influence on our spiritual nature(the soul).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Interesting subject, I my opinion, everything is spirit, what is spirit, it is the driving essence behind all things. We manifest this spirit to the degree we are able to do so, this I call the "soul". This is why we perceive that somethings do not have souls, due to they are unable to manifest this spirit in the sense that we do. Some people or even animals have a strong soul (vibrations) that envelope them, you can sense it as the come near you, this soul can be either positive energy or negative energy.
I do not buy into the concept of evil, for if it were a force of its own we would see it reflected in nature. An evil person(as you say) is nothing more than a person who has chosen to supress the spirit, and therefore, mainfests a energy that is devoid of spirit. I'll most likey be ask about atheist, one does not have to believe in a God to have spirit, one can manifest this soul even if they don't believe in it.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Interesting subject, I my opinion, everything is spirit, what is spirit, it is the driving essence behind all things. We manifest this spirit to the degree we are able to do so, this I call the "soul". This is why we perceive that somethings do not have souls, due to they are unable to manifest this spirit in the sense that we do. Some people or even animals have a strong soul (vibrations) that envelope them, you can sense it as the come near you, this soul can be either positive energy or negative energy.
I do not buy into the concept of evil, for if it were a force of its own we would see it reflected in nature. An evil person(as you say) is nothing more than a person who has chosen to supress the spirit, and therefore, mainfests a energy that is devoid of spirit. I'll most likey be ask about atheist, one does not have to believe in a God to have spirit, one can manifest this soul even if they don't believe in it.
hows it goin terry,yeah i see what your saying,although my beleifs would be slightly different than yours,i beleive that spirit comes from the soul which is atomic in size and spreads throughout the body as consioussness,its the life force of each and every living thing,i beleive that all of life when cut don to its basic element is a soul particle made from pure spiritual energy,as you said everything is spirit,actually when i think about it their probly one and the same,

as for the concept of evil,well if a man brutally murders a child then i think thats safe to say thats evil,also in the animal kingdom we see these things when male lions kill off cubs,when chimps go on rampages,its cruel but its a part of nature.its us humans that have the greatest capacity to do evil,but it is out of ignorance that we loose our spiritual awareness and become basically unhappy,id say its a rare thing for a happy person to do evil,usually their are problems within first.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
think about a man/woman who has spent their lives hurting people,not caring/understanding/.commpassionate in any way,and basicaly just horrible people,what do they feel on the inside????

and take a person who always helped and put other people before themselves,always caring and showing commpassion and being descent,what do they feel and why????

i think that this is a direct example of the existence of the soul,when we become evil we feel that negative energy,what is that energy??????????

,ever get a vibe off someone when they walk into a room,they could be strong individuals and the vibe can be strong negativly or positivly!what is this???????

why does having an evil mind cause negative emotions and energy???if we are only material bodys,then why does our actions have internal consequences,animals can kill whatever they want and not be emotionally effected bye it,but we are here for more than sense enjoyment,eatin/sleeping/mating etc.and who we become has a direct influence on our spiritual nature(the soul).
We assign meaning to our actions. An animal doesn't...it just does what it does. That's why a human can be "evil" but an animal can't...

...which of course means "evil" is a human invention. It's a higher cognative function that only we are capable of experiencing.

As a former LEO I can vouch for the "vibes" you get from a person; very rarely did I run across people that my "cop sense" would scream: DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THIS GUY! PURE EVIL HERE! but I did come across a few.

The great thing about that was that as an LEO you could check the history of the person and verify if your intuitive feelings about the guy were right/wrong. They almost always turned out to be right for me.

I don't know where the "vibes" come from. It could be from non-verbal cues or something currently unknowable. But they exists nevertheless.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:45 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Quote:
hows it goin terry,yeah i see what your saying,although my beleifs would be slightly different than yours,i beleive that spirit comes from the soul which is atomic in size and spreads throughout the body as consioussness,its the life force of each and every living thing,i beleive that all of life when cut don to its basic element is a soul particle made from pure spiritual energy,as you said everything is spirit,actually when i think about it their probly one and the same,

as for the concept of evil,well if a man brutally murders a child then i think thats safe to say thats evil,also in the animal kingdom we see these things when male lions kill off cubs,when chimps go on rampages,its cruel but its a part of nature.its us humans that have the greatest capacity to do evil,but it is out of ignorance that we loose our spiritual awareness and become basically unhappy,id say its a rare thing for a happy person to do evil,usually their are problems within first.
I think we are talking one in the same thing here, just expressed differently.
I agree, evil (if you want to call it that) arises out of ignorance. To tell you, I think the greatest "evil" ever perpatrated on mankind is blind beliefs, when a cleric, priest or minister can convince a following of people to to his bidding "because God said so" no matter what the bidding is, this is "evil". You have these people ever so quickly to please their God that they would do anything if their God demanded it, to the point of killing their own children. Can you think of a greater evil than this?

Old 03-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I think we are talking one in the same thing here, just expressed differently.
I agree, evil (if you want to call it that) arises out of ignorance. To tell you, I think the greatest "evil" ever perpatrated on mankind is blind beliefs, when a cleric, priest or minister can convince a following of people to to his bidding "because God said so" no matter what the bidding is, this is "evil". You have these people ever so quickly to please their God that they would do anything if their God demanded it, to the point of killing their own children. Can you think of a greater evil than this?
yeah i think the greatest evil is hurtin children,then the elderly,however blind beleifs can be just as harmless too,i know loads of people who were born into christianity and are blind beleivers,because of their upbringin,when questioned on their beleifs they dont seem to be too sure why they beleive,but as people they are good people.

i know there are stories of people ''leading'' others,promising this that and the other,then asking themk to take their on lives,i cant think of yer mans name at the moment but there is an infamous american who done such things including molesting the kids.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
We assign meaning to our actions. An animal doesn't...it just does what it does. That's why a human can be "evil" but an animal can't...

...which of course means "evil" is a human invention. It's a higher cognative function that only we are capable of experiencing.

As a former LEO I can vouch for the "vibes" you get from a person; very rarely did I run across people that my "cop sense" would scream: DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THIS GUY! PURE EVIL HERE! but I did come across a few.

The great thing about that was that as an LEO you could check the history of the person and verify if your intuitive feelings about the guy were right/wrong. They almost always turned out to be right for me.

I don't know where the "vibes" come from. It could be from non-verbal cues or something currently unknowable. But they exists nevertheless.
yeah the ''vibe''thing is hard to explain,maybe its our collective consioussness interacting?

Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
yeah the ''vibe''thing is hard to explain,maybe its our collective consioussness interacting?
I wish I knew...

Old 03-07-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I wish I knew...
at least you know its an instictive thing and can be trusted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality