Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:48 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Good thinking as usual.

These signs are unhealthy cruel examples of ill-will towards your neighbour. Suggesting that a persons belief or interpetation of creation is evil is ridiculous and disruptive.
If posters constantly look for opportunities to use the words associated with the Catholic Church and then go on to suggest an evil disposition the remark acts as a clear sign.

1) Doctrines of men.....evil
2) Precepts of men.....evil
3) Infalible policys within organization.....evil

These are signs Seeker that point the finger of darkness at the Church. They are a central theme to the poster I am referring to and his following

Doctrine and precepts simply refer to ...teachings , Infalible simply refers to guidance, all of which are clearly Catholic words of association.

The word ...evil is then attached. Same idea as the signs an ...out of health , unsound projection towards the many followers.....ill-will. Just like the signs, same technique same hostile suggestion.

Introducing "evil" to a persons faith is a hostility.

Are the thread signs in postings benevolent towards RC followers..nope. pushy , bully style my way or your supposed evil way tactics.

A Holy theme in Easter, and somebody has to "Park His Signs" out on the thread ....well....we can see the fruits of this effort. Arguements between
Christians who are now in a position to "EXPLAIN" that there gathering is not evil in leadership in order to .."FEEL" worthy to join along in the idea's.

Anyway, thanks for the clear identification of obvious damage and "unkind"
things that show us exactly what stupidity is. I have endured this pointed
sign posting ever since I joined city data and to see it in an Easter Theme makes absolutely no sense at all....

Eye of the beholder...? negative & broad sweeping suggestions of evil towards the fellow mans honest meaning in life are simply what they are....negative.

Apologizing to thread theme in getting suckered in to this , so will not be back and have a nice day. No big deal. Theres so much anti Catholic, anti atheist anti life is what it boils down to
best to ignore and carry ...live and learn I suppose.
Each and every action and motive must stand on its own as good or evil. Blue. Our beliefs about it do not determine that. Taken on their face many of the actions and supposed motives of Jehovah as described in the OT are evil, period. Any honest and sincere evaluation of them objectively without the bias of the "precepts and doctrines of men" would agree. It is the excuses and rationalizations used to pretend that they are not evil and are somehow good because that is God's way . . . or whatever . . . that are unacceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 PM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
Agreed and the RC is not an evil Institution that ignores common sense referred to above.

I feel comfortable with that .... challeging the issue , using the old time mistakes in old ways and imposing a contemporary evil is wrong. Wrong because it is mis-leading and untrue.

Nobody is using "excuses" for ridiculous conduct throughout the ages and saying that they are "somehow good and Gods way". I think this is an old issue .

I'm not getting suckered in to it again, there is a site which shows the Pope with an alledged satanic cross. Suggesting the same evil non-sense.. The Pope has many Papal Cross's one of them designed in the early 60's I think by an Italian ...it shows wood to be warped a little , as wood normally does warp in time. Very creative and interesting. But the site decides it will.."NAIL" RC with satanic suggestions in the bent cross idea.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Agreed and the RC is not an evil Institution that ignores common sense referred to above.

I feel comfortable with that .... challeging the issue , using the old time mistakes in old ways and imposing a contemporary evil is wrong. Wrong because it is mis-leading and untrue.

Nobody is using "excuses" for ridiculous conduct throughout the ages and saying that they are "somehow good and Gods way". I think this is an old issue .
I wish it were an old issue, Blue. Virtually all the mainstream religions including Catholicism retain the ancient ignorant OT views about God's true nature in direct contradiction to the nature expressly displayed by Christ. That is "anti-Christ." I have no problem with Catholics or any other members of the mainstream . . . they are all being misled and exploited by their leaders. But the extreme wealth accumulation and religious pomposity of the Vatican and Catholic churches in general is decidedly non-Christ-like. In spite of this . . . the majority of its members are probably sincerely seeking God. Ignore the Satanic charges, Blue . . . the hierarchy are self-centered egotists protecting their power and control . . . but they are not Satan worshipers.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:44 PM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
Ancient OT views are not taught literally. They are tales. Anti-Christ like idea's can emerge out of tales if one likes or tries to find... but its not the intent or directive. ....this is my opinion after checking a few things .Thankyou for clarifying understanding, in the evil business. Basically ...just saying in closure, my opinion has always held people are best served with the system or lack of ...they find best inspires a good decent life.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Moderator cut: reminder

Here is the OP lets try to stay on topic. OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Christians do you know the origins of this "holiday"? Do you know what the practices most take part in really are? What do the bunny, colored eggs, ham dinner and rolls and egg hunts have to do with Christ's death and resurrection? Here is a little info you will find informative and revealing:

The Pagan Origin Of Easter

Easter: Pagan Fertility ritual @ The God Kind!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times
Not by name, not by date and not in its practices is Easter a Christian holiday and in fact is totally Pagan! To claim you celebrate it with good thoughts or intentions is a cop out as you still with eggs, bunnies, sunrise observations, new suits ect. are taking part in a Pagan festival which honors satan NOT God.!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI2CEEXsQro&NR=1

Old 03-30-2011, 11:49 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Not by name, not by date and not in its practices is Easter a Christian holiday and in fact is totally Pagan! To claim you celebrate it with good thoughts or intentions is a cop out as you still with eggs, bunnies, sunrise observations, new suits ect. are taking part in a Pagan festival which honors satan NOT God.!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI2CEEXsQro&NR=1
God made the eggs and bunnies and sunrises, and Jesus made new suits when he was with Lord & Taylor.

The pagan festival doesn't honor Satan, it honors a fertility goddess.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 PM

144 posts, read 149,298 times
Sometimes I'm amazed!! Did we forget who is in control? God didn't celebrate Easter. Nor did his Son. We are taught that, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Thank GOD for the ancients, they did record what he wanted us to know. History is quit important to all of us, in one way or another.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM

144 posts, read 149,298 times
The truth is [that if it doesn't honor GOD, YHWH EL, it honors Ha Satan] The celebration of Easter was taken from Ishter worship, by the Pope and made into a Christian holiday to get and keep the pagan within the church. Constantine supposedly converted to Christianity in a day and made it the state religion. There had to be way's to keep the population under control. Thus came the pagan/Christian holidays, such as Easter, Christmas, St. Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day. Ancients, well back to history, be it the Bible or our history books these are things we need to know.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:29 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
I was scratching my head, wondering how "Satan" could have been introduced into this discussion but then made the connection . . . "Satan" and the Easter Bunny . . .both fables . . . one scary, one fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality