Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times

Advertisements

Correction according to dobeable Page 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,796 times
yep,i watched a full hour show,you got to see how the gay's lived and they are definitly being treated horribly,bye the people,the governments and the so called religious,im not saying that this is anything to do with christianity,i know their are alot of good christians out there that would cringe to the thought of this,but it can go to show how an out-dated book,parts of it anyway,can be misused in teaching ignorance.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Everybody sit back, relax, and let Betty Bowers explain:

YouTube - Mrs. Betty Bowers' Christian Sex Tape

Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
while i was watching the program,the man doing the interviewing said that their were many pastors involved in this kind of teaching,he even done an interview with one of them,funny enough the person doing the interviewing was gay himself and when he revealed his secret,well you can imagine the reaction,when he revealed his secret to the government person that he interviewed, it became dangerous.they went lookin for him and lucky for him they got the hotel location wrong,......i know its hard to grasp that christianity can be used to fuel this type of thinkin,but think about the witch hunts from years ago,i mean anyone can get their hands on a bible and use it to condemn people for many different things and thats what i think is happening here,i think its probly more of the government that are making the harsh rules but the church is on their side,it is definitly given christianity a bad name,basically to these people being gay=dirty/filthy/evil,these are words that were used,and the man doing the interview said that the sadist part was that the younger generation have the same views
I guess I'm not super-surprised. Christianity does hold that homosexuality is morally wrong, but I don't think you can get "kill all the ****!!" out of it. Old Testament yes -- but the Torrah specifies the death penalty for sabbath breaking, talking back to your parents and many many other things you just don't kill people for. The thing that is not clearly defined in Christianity: When the old law is replaced by the new law, how much of the Old Testament rules and regulations became obsolete. I'd say killing gays would be one of those things that certainly was obsolete, but there's no clear direction on the matter to say for certain.

The map of gay rights is best described by where they are in relation to gay marriage:

The nations that are brown, red and orange have laws against homosexuality and all of these nations punish gays for being gay.
-- Brown nations have the death penalty in effect for homosexuality.
-- Red ones sentence gays to life in prison.
-- Orange ones severely penalize.
-- Yellow ones have a small penalty.
-- Gray nations have not taken a side on the matter.
-- Light blue recognizes foreign same sex marriages but you can't perform there in their nation/state.
-- Middle blue recognizes and allows civil unions but not gay marriage per se.
-- Dark blue fully allows and recognizes gay marriage.

This shows the trend that makes me think it's more of a local thing. I mean, look at Africa!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:10 AM

In Africa, most of the areas in brown and orange have legacy christian beliefs and further north more muslim.

Notice, only SA has evolved and once again is indicative of what a modern constitution can do when no preference is given to any religious dogma.

What is interesting though, the woos here said the ANC would apply communist ideology that never happened. Looking at the map, seems Russia and China are quite opposed to the gay rights/marriage issue.

Oh and the sky did not fall - life goes on.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:05 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
In Africa, most of the areas in brown and orange have legacy christian beliefs and further north more muslim.

Notice, only SA has evolved and once again is indicative of what a modern constitution can do when no preference is given to any religious dogma.

What is interesting though, the woos here said the ANC would apply communist ideology that never happened. Looking at the map, seems Russia and China are quite opposed to the gay rights/marriage issue.

Oh and the sky did not fall - life goes on.
And all of the areas in blue also are traditionally Christian areas. Europe is mostly blue with little or no punishing gays for being gay. North and South American and Australia are the same (the population of each is FAR more European than it is Native.)

The difference is that the population of Africa is predominantly Native. For them, Christianity is a relatively new thing and their old tribal religions still have significant influence.

But above all else, agreed that nations that do not favor any religious dogma are the best examples. Russia and China aren't excluded from this either: Both had longstanding Communist rule and Communism HEAVILY favors Atheism as it's religious dogma.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:27 AM

33,560 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Atheism is NOT religious dogma...Over 80% of ethnic Russians identify themselves as Orthodox Christians....Check your "facts" before posting.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

And all of the areas in blue also are traditionally Christian areas. Europe is mostly blue with little or no punishing gays for being gay. North and South American and Australia are the same (the population of each is FAR more European than it is Native.)

The difference is that the population of Africa is predominantly Native. For them, Christianity is a relatively new thing and their old tribal religions still have significant influence.
Not really, Africa's colonization parallels the US time wise. Christianity has been here for a very long time over 200 years. Most schools in the traditional rural areas are church run, mainly RCC.
Quote:
But above all else, agreed that nations that do not favor any religious dogma are the best examples. Russia and China aren't excluded from this either: Both had longstanding Communist rule and Communism HEAVILY favors Atheism as it's religious dogma.
Wrong, communism <> atheism. Plus the church in Russia never really was stopped altogether, there has anyway been a resurgence. Unless my monitor colour is off, China and Russia are both grey.

Argentina was never communist.

The single biggest denomination here in SA is the Zion Christian Church and its members are all black.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 PM

378 posts, read 577,225 times
What about sex out of wedlock?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedskjaer View Post
What about sex out of wedlock?
That can be very stimulating! Promiscuity is wonderful. I think all people should enrich their sex lives by having multiple partners, even if married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality