Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 11:37 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,806,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
We are the smartest animal on the planet, but based on the status of our world and societies clearly not intelligent, much less very intelligent.
That's kind of what I was alluding to. We're very intelligent by animal standards (although dolphins are supposedly close), but we certainly do a lot of stupid things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 11:38 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,801,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And you should learn what it means some time. Revelation was about the persecution of Christians and Jews during the Roman Empire. The beast (616 is his number in the earliest manuscript, 666 in more popular literature) is Nero Caesar.

There is a Jewish Revelation older than the current revelation that is similar, but is far more clear as to the metaphorical attack on the Roman Empire that John was trying to get across.

The whole 4 horseman, armageddon scenario is Christian mythology. Revelation was not about the future, it was about the present and the corruption of Rome.

Wow, you have lots of book knowledge and intellect, which is GREAT to make it in 'this world'....it's like looking at something as simple as a leaf blowing in the wind..You could probably tell us what kind of leaf it is and the weather patterns...but yet you cannot explain what makes the air and what makes that air flow in the directions it decides to flow in at that moment...my faith cannot be broken by you picking and choosing certain versus of the word of God to win your arguments in life because I have had personal experiences in life that have proven what the scripture says is true..Unless you can take away those experiences and the experiences that have brought many Christians to Christ then your arguments mean nothing to us...The anus is a place where stuff flows out, not where things are supposed to go in..and that isn't a religious opinion...it's a fact

Old 04-23-2011, 11:39 PM

For anyone that wants to argue that Romans 1 condemns gays, please read this article, and actually think about it, instead of just dismissing it's content out of personal bias.

http://www2.luthersem.edu/word&world...3_Hultgren.pdf

Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Wow, you have lots of book knowledge and intellect, which is GREAT to make it in 'this world'....it's like looking at something as simple as a leaf blowing in the wind..You could probably tell us what kind of leaf it is and the weather patterns...but yet you cannot explain what makes the air and what makes that air flow in the directions it decides to flow in at that moment...
Actually I can. Air flow ( wind) is due to changes in the pressure gradient in the atmosphere. The direction of that air flow is determined by the Coriolis effect.

Quote:
my faith cannot be broken by you picking and choosing certain versus of the word of God to win your arguments in life because I have had personal experiences in life that have proven what the scripture says is true..Unless you can take away those experiences and the experiences that have brought many Christians to Christ then your arguments mean nothing to us...The anus is a place where stuff flows out, not where things are supposed to go in..and that isn't a religious opinion...it's a fact
I'm not trying to break your faith, I'm merely asking you to use the brain God gave you.

And yes, the anus expels waste. So does the penis. That doesn't mean it has no other purpose.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 PM

God made Adam and then he made Eve....not Adam and Steve...simple as that, even a dummy like me could get this...

Old 04-24-2011, 12:10 AM

Romans 1:26-27 (New International Version, ©2011)

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
God made Adam and then he made Eve....not Adam and Steve...simple as that, even a dummy like me could get this...
Adam and Eve most likely didn't exist. And God made gays too. Why are you ignoring God's gay children? Would Jesus have treated gays as poorly as you have?

Old 04-24-2011, 12:17 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,445,447 times
Quote:
Wow thats original.....and i'm sure it will settle the argument.Do you know any good knock knock jokes too?

Old 04-24-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Romans 1:26-27 (New International Version, ©2011)

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Obviously you didn't bother to read the article I posted just a few posts above yours. That verse has nothing to do with gays - Paul was talking to Greek heterosexuals about their unbridled passion and their abuse of sex through pederasty, prostitution, and pagan rituals.

Stop acting like you understand the Bible - you don't.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Obviously you didn't bother to read the article I posted just a few posts above yours. That verse has nothing to do with gays - Paul was talking to Greek heterosexuals about their unbridled passion and their abuse of sex through pederasty, prostitution, and pagan rituals.

Stop acting like you understand the Bible - you don't.
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another"

Don't have to act like I understand..the words in the sentence above from that verse say it clearly about what is natural and un-natural
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality