Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 12:27 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,796,118 times

Advertisements

p.s. I don't base my belief on studies of men...I base them off of the word of God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 12:30 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,440,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Would Jesus have treated gays as poorly as you have?
Jesus was apparently not interested enough in the topic to have ever discussed it so i'm not sure why so many of his followers are so fixated on the topic.Many christians seem willing to ignore the high rates of out of wedlock births within society and their own congregations,which do greatly impact society,and fixate on what couples who can't reproduce are doing in their bedroom although it has no real impact on society.If God is really so worried about it he will deal with it and its no one elses business.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:14 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post

..the words in the sentence above from that verse say it clearly about what is natural and un-natural
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."

The words in the above verse are quite clear too, yet you still appear to, at least, have a computer. Why haven't you sold it and given the money to the poor?

Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 AM

247 posts, read 498,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah but that's OT urban. Can't count that any more.

Where does the NT condemn homosexuality?
Answer: It doesn't.

Not sure what denomination you are but OT & NT are both God's word. Therefore we are to abide by both...if that weren't true then we wouldn't have to abide by the 10 commandments.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 AM

247 posts, read 498,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Adam and Eve most likely didn't exist. And God made gays too. Why are you ignoring God's gay children? Would Jesus have treated gays as poorly as you have?

I believe they did exist...however you're right. I don't think Jesus would have treated them like how they are treated sometimes. To bully someone because they are LGTB is NOT acting Christ-like. Really not doing what they're supposed to do as a Christian. That DOES need to be called out on.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:30 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayx333 View Post
Not sure what denomination you are ....
Ummm, I belong to two denominations. Evangelical Atheist and Rabid Anti-Theist.

Quote:
....but OT & NT are both God's word. Therefore we are to abide by both...if that weren't true then we wouldn't have to abide by the 10 commandments.
So my question to you is the same as it was to Campbell. How say you?

Old 04-24-2011, 03:17 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,170,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
I'm not saying that all religious people do not like homosexuals but some people say that it says it in the bible or something so can someone tell me where it says this please.

Note: I am not gay, this is more out of curiosity
That's like asking why doesn't a girl like the way a guy she is not attracted to looks at her.. The answer is kind of obvious....

Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,967,268 times
Quote:
God made Adam and then he made Eve....not Adam and Steve...simple as that, even a dummy like me could get this...
In this world there is not only Adam, Eve, and Steve ... there is also Carlos, Matilda, George, Stephanie, Juanita, Dmitri, Pradeep, Rivka, Justin, Sally, Bashir, and Hong-Mei.

Quite frankly I find your post is correct in your assertion that you are a dummy. It was a stupid post.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:06 AM

896 posts, read 1,866,012 times
Quote:
God made Adam and then he made Eve....not Adam and Steve...simple as that, even a dummy like me could get this...
Oh please! If anyone is homophobic and has a need to tell it to the world, at least try to be original.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,403,810 times
Quote:
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another"

Don't have to act like I understand..the words in the sentence above from that verse say it clearly about what is natural and un-natural
So straight men shouldn't be having sex with other men, especially if they are doing it to worship pagan fertility gods in the temples. Got it.

But what does this have to do with gay men? Gay men don't have "natural relations with women" in the first place, so how do they "abandon" or "exchange" them?

And what does this have to do with the 21st century - where we no longer have temples to pagan fertility gods?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality