Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,570,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Agree with 415 there. Also I would think many Jews, even pro-Israel ones, get tired of being blamed for anything Israel does. .
i get more tired when Israel is blamed either for things it didnt do, or for things it did do that any country under similar attack would have done. I also get tired, when israel does something I think they shouldnt do, and instead of criticisms that are balanced and within reason and fundamentally sympathetic, such actions are used as an excuse for vilification.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:51 PM

241 posts, read 474,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I've never seen a mob of jews burn down of threaten to destroy a muslim country...

>>>>>>>>>>>>
So can you explain what happening in Palestine !!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Are Jews supposed to love Muslims back even though Muslims hate them?

Usually, hate forments hate.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
But we have our reason !!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Agree with 415 there. Also I would think many Jews, even pro-Israel ones, get tired of being blamed for anything Israel does. I think the majority of American Jews prefer living here than Israel. They may support Israel, but I don't think even that's universal, but it doesn't make them Israeli. I think Scotland is pretty neat, and I have some Scottish ancestry, but that doesn't make me Scottish or mean I should feel any particular way if say Scottish soccer hooligans do something bad.

So I think many Jews might see how Jews are treated in Muslim lands and feel the same. Meaning they may feel "those Jews are no more Israeli than I am, why are you blaming them for stuff they're not even really involved in?" The more pro-Israel ones might feel hostility to Israel is misplaced. I mean how many Muslims are being persecuted by other Muslims or by secular governments? Why aren't the Muslims mad at the Chinese over the Uighur thing? Instead Muslim nations usually give China very high favorable marks. Or why aren't they up in arms over the Burmese mistreating the Rohingya?

To be honest I think Christians also at times have misplaced priorities. Right now Christians are being killed in Pakistan, in Iraq, in Eritrea, and non-Muslim nations too. Just the other day China did some big arrest of underground Protestants celebrating Easter. But what do American Christians focus on? Whether a place says "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" and whether certain sitcoms are too irreverent. Sorry, I'm ranting a bit.

>>>>>>>
wooow easy
Almost what you say is pretty good and it's explain many things ...
In this threat am talking in general and I personally believe that there are innocent jewish.... but some closed mind people judge on all Jewish by what they are seeing on T.V >> that bad Media
Thank you for lovely comment

Old 04-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am Jewish and I don't hate Muslims but I do not think your question is worthwhile in fact I think you have an agenda.

I could ask why Muslims hate Jews. Why do Muslims want to kill Jews? Why is there incitement against Jews by Muslims?

I don't hate Muslims but I do hate the Palestinian Terrorists!! I hate that Israeli children are living in bomb shelters while Hamas sends rockets into Southern Israel.. I hate that after Israel left Gaza then Palestinians elected a terror group as their government and now they are being run by a terrorist organization. I hate Hamas! I hate hezbollah! I hate the Muslim terrorists who flew planes into the twin towers! I hate that all Jews are blamed as if we all are the same. We are not!

I hate the incitement against Jews and I hate that you ask this question when the Quran tells Muslims to kill Jews...

I hate that often Muslims act like victims when they have been the victimizers......
>>>>>>>>>>>

I asked that question because I was curious and I have said before ,I don't blame all jewish about what happening in Palestine ... I believe there is good Jewish as there is bad Muslims, who do bad things in the name of Islam ... you know that come on !!
You can not say that Quran tell us to kill Jewish >> that's absolutelly wrong
Quran say " Who kills unlawfully if he killed all mankind "

Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Very good answer, Jazzymom . . . the Muslim deceit gets quite tiresome . . . as does their constant proselytizing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
you must be out of your mind

Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,572,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
>>>>>>>
wooow easy
Almost what you say is pretty good and it's explain many things ...
In this threat am talking in general and I personally believe that there are innocent jewish.... but some closed mind people judge on all Jewish by what they are seeing on T.V >> that bad Media
Thank you for lovely comment
You're welcome. Although another issue is there was some Muslim hostility to Jews before the Balfour Declaration and Jews settling in Israel. One of the papers I linked to mentioned an anti-Jewish riot in Morocco in 1912. At that point "Zionism", I believe, was limited to Jews who bought Palestinian land from Muslims and at times gave Muslim jobs. So they weren't taking anything by anyone's estimation, they were just buying things that Muslims were selling.

Although Muhammad had conflicts with Jewish tribes, I believe the Muslim position is this is because they allied against him in favor of his enemies and not because he hated Jews, modern Islamic hostility to Jews is traced to much later. In the Middle Ages Muslim nations were, normally, more tolerant of Jews than most Christian nations.

However Napoleon and the decline of the Ottoman Empire caused a change. That might seem like a weird thing to say as Napoleon was certainly not Jewish. However Napoleon's ventures in Egypt, this was when he was a general and before he became Emperor, caused the beginning of European colonialism in the Mideast. Europeans of this period maybe didn't like Jews, but Europeans understood Jews better than they did Muslims. So many colonizers liked dealing with Jews and Christians in the Mideast better than they liked dealing with Muslims. They at least "spoke the same language" at least figuratively speaking. This is believed to have increased tensions with Muslims seeing Jews as cowardly and fawning to the conquerors.

Another issue though is that the West had changed. Even if many of them still didn't like Jews the Revolutions from the 1790s to the 1840s had valued equality. That was the Europe that was colonizing, more or less, not the Medieval Europe. In Ottoman thinking Jews and Christians were to rule themselves in "millets" or "enclaves" and these enclaves were in submission to the Sultan. European rule seemed to offer the Jews the ability to be equal as individuals. For many Muslims of the time why they would want that was maybe hard to understand. In the Ottoman/Muslim thinking of many their way allowed the Jews to keep their culture better, even if as subordinates, whereas the liberal European likely wanted assimilation. Still many Jews did want that freedom or liked the sound of it. Further adding the idea, for many Muslims, that Jews could not be trusted. For many of them they likely saw their system as "perfectly okay to Jews", after all the Ottomans had once been a place Jews went to escape Christendom, and the Jews rejecting it being a sign of "ingratitude." To many Jews the Ottoman system might have been better than Medieval Europe, but had become a ridiculous anachronism that made them submissive to both Muslims and to Jewish leaders that were maybe not of their choosing or who may not even have their best interest at heart.

And then you get Zionism, but by that time there had already been generations of mis-communication and hurt feelings.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
All this "Who, ME?" jazz from the Muslims is disingenuous. nawary, I cannot believe that you don't know why so many Jews don't like Muslims. Disregarding terrorism for the moment, how many times have Muslim countries attempted to erase Israel from the map? How many recognize its right to exist?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Israel was not written on the map before more than 60 years
Israel wants to have a country
they don't have to kill Palestinian to have their land !! jewish families can choose any country to live in , because they are human being just like me and u
I'm telling u Israel will start over and over a fight to have more lands ...
And please dont call us Terrorist because the real terrorist is right here .. Just read this !!
- who start the world war 1 ? > not Muslims
- who start the world war 2 ? > not Muslims
- who throw the atomic bomb on Hiroshima ? > not Muslims
- who kill 20 million Aborigen pure Australian ? > not Muslims
- who kill 100 million Indians in south America and 50 million in north ? > not Muslims
- who take 180 million of African slaves ? > not Muslims
you know the answers, so think again when you will say terrorist

Old 04-27-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
I dont hate muslims.
I hope the palestinians and israelis will yet reach a peace agreement.
I do sympathize with those israelis whose losses and pains leads them to hate, though I love even more those Israelis who hold on to the hope for peace, despite all.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
we all wish that
thank you

Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,572,757 times
Of course on the other side Jewish difficulties with Islam might start with the start of Islam.

The Qur'an contains stories about important Jewish Leaders and Prophets, but those stories do not always agree with the Torah or Tanakh. As Muslims see the Qur'an as the inerrant word of God, you do right, than this seem to mean the Jews were wrong about some of their history and some of their heroes. From the Jewish perspective they had been around a thousand years and the Muslims were telling them, even if they did it nicely and to be honest that's not always the case, that Muslims knew Jewish history better than they (The Jews) did. From the Muslim perspective I can understand this. From their/your perspective you got the info straight from God whereas they got it just from cultural tradition and writings of people who were maybe never at the events recorded. Still I see their point too. It can feel presumptuous to have someone say they know your history better than you do and that you can't argue the fact because they got the information from God. Still many Jews lived okay under Islamic states even if they found some things about Islam heretical or irritating.

Modern Jewish difficulties with Islam are likely, a bit, the other side of the coin to why Muslims have disliked Jews. Also Jews may feel that even at the nicest the "Muslim way" means never controlling your own destiny. That Jews should accept the authority of Muslims in Muslim lands and just trust Muslims will be nice to them. And that doesn't set well.

I guess also Jews are more pro-Israel than I was making it out, I'm not particularly pro or anti-Israel so I can't relate to that, so I guess from that perspective many ethnic groups have a nation and others have gotten over that. The land that is now the Czech Republic includes areas that used to be far more German in population. Germans left, or felt they had to leave, after WWII because of anger at Nazi rule. And the German people mostly got over that even though post-war Czechoslovakia, what it was called then, was a Communist dictatorship. Even in the more brutal case of US treatment of the Sioux you don't see Sioux Indians blowing themselves up in Rapid City. So from that perspective Muslims may seem like unusually stubborn people who can't ever let go of anything, but instead commit violence because things changed in ways they didn't like. Also among Zionist/Pro-Israel types I think there's the idea Muslims have "misplaced priorities." They feel Israel treats its Muslim population better than say Russia does, Russia also conquered several Muslim khanates and took Muslim land, but Muslims don't treat Russia worse than Israel. Quite the opposite. They also used to emphasize that Muslim should take their anger out at their own corrupt governments rather than Israel, but I've been noticing that now that Muslims are actually doing that the Israeli/Zionist reaction has been mixed on the event. Although I think among younger Pro-Israeli Jews they do want/hope the revolutions lead to better governments for Muslim people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality