Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
- who take 180 million of African slaves ? > not Muslims
I'm afraid to tell you this one is a bit misleading. For one I think your numbers might be too high. For another there was an Indian Ocean trade in African slaves that was largely done by Muslims. (Some Zoroastrians I think had a role at the beginning) It was less intense per-year, but it lasted longer so the numbers are roughly the same. That doesn't lessen the Trans-Atlantic trade, but it does mean it's not some oddity to the West and that Muslims have nothing similar.

The structure of slavery in Indian ... - Google Books
The African diaspora in the Indian Ocean - Google Books
Slaving and slavery in the Indian Ocean - Google Books

Old 04-27-2011, 08:32 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
So can you explain what happening in Palestine !!
Then you ought to read the news. And you won't be confused....

Old 04-27-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
But we have our reason !!

Ahhh now we get down to it.... yes you sure do have your reasons... To hate all Jews because of what all Jews have done to you....

Oh yeah.... How can that be? I have never done anything to Muslims....
My children have never done anything to Muslims...
In fact all of my Jewish friends have never done anything to Muslims...

Yet you put us all into a box and blame us for WHAT????

That is the question....

Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Israel was not written on the map before more than 60 years
Israel wants to have a country
they don't have to kill Palestinian to have their land !! jewish families can choose any country to live in , because they are human being just like me and u
I'm telling u Israel will start over and over a fight to have more lands ...
And please dont call us Terrorist because the real terrorist is right here .. Just read this !!
- who start the world war 1 ? > not Muslims
- who start the world war 2 ? > not Muslims
- who throw the atomic bomb on Hiroshima ? > not Muslims
- who kill 20 million Aborigen pure Australian ? > not Muslims
- who kill 100 million Indians in south America and 50 million in north ? > not Muslims
- who take 180 million of African slaves ? > not Muslims
you know the answers, so think again when you will say terrorist
You need to know the Jews have a long continued history in the Land of Israel. Jews were there before there were Muslims. It is the land of the Jewish people.

The Muslims have never wanted to live in peace. Israel has had to defend herself against attacks since the day of statehood. Fought to survive because the Muslims don't want Jews there.

It is the Muslims who have fought with terror and then wonder why Israel fights back. Israel wants to protect its citizens who are not just Jews but are druize, Arab, Christian.

It is sad that most of the violence today comes from Islamic terrorists. They kill Muslims and anyone they see as not worthy of life.

Muslims killed 3000 of my countrymen when they flew 2 airplanes into the twin towers.

History is full of behavior that in hindsight is awful and I am not proud of actions that my country carried out. But at least I don't deny it and try to whitewash it.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,543 times
I don't hate Muslims. The current situation is an anomoly when one looks at Jewish Islam relations. From Islamic Spain to the Ottoman Empire, Jews thrived and did better than when they were ruled by Christians. For example, it was not the Ottomans that destroyed the great Jewish center of learning in Salonika, but the Christians.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
Sorry, but I'm going to have to say I don't really buy that because something is an ancestral homeland one "deserves" it. Also it can be argued that according to the Tanakh the original inhabitants of the land were the Canaanites. Of modern group the Canaanites, I believe, are said to be closest in relation to the Lebanese. Granted the land was given to the Jews by God, with the Canaanites being unworthy due to things like child sacrifice and idolatry, but if one does not believe in the Judeo-Christian tradition that is not necessarily relevant.

Many peoples never got their ancestral homelands back. American Indians were promised Oklahoma by the US government and tribes have continuously lived there from time immemorial. It doesn't mean the decision of a century ago can or should be rescinded and Tulsa or OKC be administered by the indigenous people. Sometimes a group loses. The Jews lost against the Romans and were dispersed through the Empire. It's sad, but it's what happened. Christians were once the main group in Egypt. If the European powers had tried to make Egypt a Coptic homeland, where Muslims should never be more than a minority, I imagine the Arabs would have attacked that too.

I can understand the idea that the Jews needed a state and that the land was sparsely inhabited at the time. Also that it meant a great deal to many Jews. Still I don't think what's best for one group is always the best thing to happen so I'm not really convinced the creation of Israel was a good idea. Israel sheltered many persecuted Arab Jews, but in many cases Israel was the reason they were so persecuted. (Persecution predates Israel, as the Morocco example shows, but Zionism certainly intensified it) Syria's Jewish population is gone because they all went to Israel. Syria didn't have to find a way to deal with a Jewish minority instead they could have the "solution" be to tell them they could now leave their persecutors and settle in Israel. The Russians also did something like that. Also considering things like Lehi or the King David Hotel bombing I think you might be whitewashing Israel's history a tad. They did not start simply with peace and high ideals.

All that said we are in today not 1948 or 1967. Whether it was right or wrong to start it Israel has succeeded in a way few Arab lands have done. It is a prosperous democracy in a region that doesn't have those. But most importantly like Tulsa it's not going anywhere. So as indicated I feel whether its creation was right or wrong is no longer relevant. It's here now. It's full of people born there with parents born there too. Muslim or Palestinians who want to wish it away or destroy it are living in a violent fantasy not the real world. So I definitely think they should recognize and, if not like it, tolerate Israel. Still to ask them to feel pity for Israel of 1949, and to celebrate its creation, is also unrealistic and overly demanding. I wouldn't ask Cherokee to celebrate the land being taken from them and turned into a US state. You may not feel the state of Israel is like that, but they do and not without reason.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 04-28-2011 at 02:07 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 04:43 AM

570 posts, read 733,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle
I don't hate Muslims.
We only hate those who support the occupation state of Israel .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom
Oh yeah.... How can that be? I have never done anything to Muslims....
My children have never done anything to Muslims...
In fact all of my Jewish friends have never done anything to Muslims...
Its like saying I never done anything to Americans while you give your encourage and support to any Organization that fights them !!

Quote:
Yet you put us all into a box and blame us for WHAT????

That is the question....
You're doing the same thing when a lot of you but all Muslims and a few terrorist organizations in the same box !!

Quote:
You need to know the Jews have a long continued history in the Land of Israel. Jews were there before there were Muslims. It is the land of the Jewish people.
So what are you doing now in America ?
Ist it the land of Indians ?
My dear .. if you look at the issue out of this logic then more than 40-50 % of the world map need to be changed !!
Quote:
The Muslims have never wanted to live in peace. Israel has had to defend herself against attacks since the day of statehood. Fought to survive because the Muslims don't want Jews there.
This is what people called the defense of "land and freedom"
Quote:
It is the Muslims who have fought with terror and then wonder why Israel fights back. Israel wants to protect its citizens who are not just Jews but are druize, Arab, Christian.
When you are defending your land against the occupier you are a terrorist !!
Strange logic
Quote:
Muslims killed 3000 of my countrymen when they flew 2 airplanes into the twin towers.
Sad .. Islam has nothing to do with those punch of terrorist .. they are killing us too .. but Could you say the same thing about those who killed tens of thousands of innocent Muslims victims in Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan by military aircraft and missiles ?
Quote:
History is full of behavior that in hindsight is awful and I am not proud of actions that my country carried out. But at least I don't deny it and try to whitewash it.
Please be specific ..what do you mean by "I don't deny it and try to whitewash it " ??

Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm afraid to tell you this one is a bit misleading. For one I think your numbers might be too high. For another there was an Indian Ocean trade in African slaves that was largely done by Muslims. (Some Zoroastrians I think had a role at the beginning) It was less intense per-year, but it lasted longer so the numbers are roughly the same. That doesn't lessen the Trans-Atlantic trade, but it does mean it's not some oddity to the West and that Muslims have nothing similar.

The structure of slavery in Indian ... - Google Books
The African diaspora in the Indian Ocean - Google Books
Slaving and slavery in the Indian Ocean - Google Books

To go further than that slavery has always existed in muslim countries.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Slavery in Islam

Even until today. Just Google "slavery in Sudan."

Old 04-28-2011, 05:41 AM

[quote=squall-lionheart;18923987]We only hate those who support the occupation state of Israel .

Then you hate me because I support the state of Israel. I also support a 2 state solution.

Its like saying I never done anything to Americans while you give your encourage and support to any Organization that fights them !!

You're doing the same thing when a lot of you but all Muslims and a few terrorist organizations in the same box !!

You do that to all Jews. Hating Jews if they support Israel.....

I was born here... So you can blame my parents... I didn't have much choice did I...

Yes native Americans lived here first.. The world is made up of the history of peoples migrations. The Palestinians only are of of a whole list of people to have migrated and lived in the middle East. The Jews were there before the Palestinians. They fought against Roman occupation and lost. But they have a long history of being in the land of Israel.

My dear .. if you look at the issue out of this logic then more than 40-50 % of the world map need to be changed !!

True and that would mean that the Muslims need to all go back to Arabia from where they came. They took many lands by force...

It is terror pure and simple.... And those who support it are no better then the terrorists who commit the murder. I would die for the state of Israel..

Palestinians who kill civilians are terrorists....

Strange logic No it actually is not.... The most recent was the fogel family.... Imagine they went back to look for guns and found a 4 month old baby who had woken up and was crying and they stabbed the baby.....

Thank G-d they caught the palestinian terrorists. I hope they lock them away with all the other terrorists and NEVER let them out...

Sad .. Islam has nothing to do with those punch of terrorist .. they are killing us too .. but Could you say the same thing about those who killed tens of thousands of innocent Muslims victims in Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan by military aircraft and missiles ?

When Muslims attacked the United States on 9/11 they declared war on my country. Al Queda was in Afghanistan and we had every right to go in there and fight the Taliban. We did not have a right to go into Iraq although maybe the Iraqis are happier without Saddam? I don't know only time will tell. And they will judge that.

When Palestinian terrorists put down their weapons and Israelis can live without fear then there will be peace until then no there won't.

The Palestinians would have had a state in 1948 but they chose war and Israel won yet time after time Muslims attacked Israel and lost. So now Israel is strong and has more land because they kept getting attacked by Muslims.

[color=indigo]Please be specific ..what do you mean by "I don't deny it and try to whitewash it " ??[/COLOR

Deny whitewash? No lots of really bad things have happened in history. And Muslims, Christians, Europeans have had a hand in it. But as you know we don't always get a choice in what those in power do... We do get a chance to learn from history.

All countries are filled with folks who came from other places. The world is full of migrations of peoples... Everyone is an occupier when they go somewhere and someone is already there.. If you want the Israelis to go home then you need to understand a great many of them were already from the Middle East. Even in the Middle East the Jews have a longer history then the Palestinians or for that matter Muslims. The Jewish communities predate Christianity and Islam in the Middle East. The Palestinians were not there first so they need to go home and in fact all the Arabs need to go back to Saudia Arabia because SA is where Islam came from. Islam was spread by the sword.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 04-28-2011 at 06:08 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 06:54 AM

570 posts, read 733,360 times
[quote=Jazzymom;18924246]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
We only hate those who support the occupation state of Israel .

Then you hate me because I support the state of Israel. I also support a 2 state solution.

You do that to all Jews. Hating Jews if they support Israel.....

I was born here... So you can blame my parents... I didn't have much choice did I...

Yes native Americans lived here first.. The world is made up of the history of peoples migrations. The Palestinians only are of of a whole list of people to have migrated and lived in the middle East. The Jews were there before the Palestinians. They fought against Roman occupation and lost. But they have a long history of being in the land of Israel.

True and that would mean that the Muslims need to all go back to Arabia from where they came. They took many lands by force...

It is terror pure and simple.... And those who support it are no better then the terrorists who commit the murder. I would die for the state of Israel..

Palestinians who kill civilians are terrorists....

Strange logic No it actually is not.... The most recent was the fogel family.... Imagine they went back to look for guns and found a 4 month old baby who had woken up and was crying and they stabbed the baby.....

Thank G-d they caught the palestinian terrorists. I hope they lock them away with all the other terrorists and NEVER let them out...

When Muslims attacked the United States on 9/11 they declared war on my country. Al Queda was in Afghanistan and we had every right to go in there and fight the Taliban. We did not have a right to go into Iraq although maybe the Iraqis are happier without Saddam? I don't know only time will tell. And they will judge that.

When Palestinian terrorists put down their weapons and Israelis can live without fear then there will be peace until then no there won't.

The Palestinians would have had a state in 1948 but they chose war and Israel won yet time after time Muslims attacked Israel and lost. So now Israel is strong and has more land because they kept getting attacked by Muslims.

[color=indigo]Please be specific ..what do you mean by "I don't deny it and try to whitewash it " ??[/COLOR

Deny whitewash? No lots of really bad things have happened in history. And Muslims, Christians, Europeans have had a hand in it. But as you know we don't always get a choice in what those in power do... We do get a chance to learn from history.

All countries are filled with folks who came from other places. The world is full of migrations of peoples... Everyone is an occupier when they go somewhere and someone is already there.. If you want the Israelis to go home then you need to understand a great many of them were already from the Middle East. Even in the Middle East the Jews have a longer history then the Palestinians or for that matter Muslims. The Jewish communities predate Christianity and Islam in the Middle East. The Palestinians were not there first so they need to go home and in fact all the Arabs need to go back to Saudia Arabia because SA is where Islam came from. Islam was spread by the sword.
Thanks for your reply .
I will reply as soon as I have time .
P.S : I dont know you so why would I hate you ?
I know it looks like a complex issue .. but I will try to explain what I meant by
Quote:
We only hate those who support the occupation state of Israel

Shalom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality